WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Man Undergoes Web-Arranged Transplant

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Associated Press

DENVER - A man underwent a kidney transplant Wednesday in what is believed to be the first such operation involving an organ obtained through a for-profit Web site — a transaction that has raised legal and ethical questions.

Hospital spokeswoman Stephanie Lewis said the surgery was going well and the vital signs of both the donor and recipient were good. The operation was scheduled to last about four hours.

Before the operation, Bob Hickey, 58, met with Dr. Igal Kam, the surgeon whose objections initially postponed the transplant. The meeting was described as a time for "healing the scars of the last several days."

Kam suddenly canceled Monday's transplant operation after learning that Hickey had met his donor, Robert Smitty, 32, of Chattanooga, Tenn., through a Web site called MatchingDonors.com. Smitty agreed to give Hickey one of his kidneys before the two men ever met.

MatchingDonors.com, based in Canton, Mass., charges varying fees — sometimes $290 a month — to post profiles of people looking for live organ donors.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, how does this 32 year old guy "know" that one kidney will be enough for the rest of his life?

Kidneys are tough to come by, regardless of how much he got paid, probably not a great idea.

Maybe not a good idea at all to get involved with "selling" body parts...

tzedek

Original Member
i wonder how much the donor got for the kidney....

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
That is kinda fuctdup. Hopefully,anytime soon I wont need an organ donor(s) <insert joke here> I'm 327 years of pure raging masculinity,and gehtting more full of shit by the day. But,you never know.....

***January 5,2117: John Q Dickelfoot of Armpit Arkansas, aka 'Dr.gehtfuct' is recovering with minor braindamage,after being the first human-noid to successfully under go Brain,Left Eye,Right testical,and right middle finger transplant surgury today....***

Fuck Dat!!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
gehtfuct said:
***January 5,2117: John Q Dickelfoot of Armpit Arkansas, aka 'Dr.gehtfuct' is recovering with minor braindamage,after being the first human-noid to successfully under go Brain,Left Eye,Right testical,and right middle finger transplant surgury today....***

Fuck Dat!!
hehe made me laugh... :thumbsup: