WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Man Uses Fork to Rob Restaurant!

Slacker

Postaholic
Employees of a north side restaurant were attacked and forced into a freezer during a Sunday morning robbery.

"He just came in and ordered two pounds," says owner Yvette Robles, owner of Trevino's Barbacoa on Bitters Road. "He jumped the counter and I said, 'what are you doing?' He said, 'I'm robbing you guys.'"

The robber told Robles he had a gun and a knife. He demanded cash and the keys to Robles' truck.

When she wouldn't hand him the keys, police say he used a fork to threaten the employees. Investigators say he held the fork to a worker's neck. She wasn't seriously hurt.

"I'm just trying to run my business and I just started and I wanted him to leave so I can continue with my job," says Robles.

The man tried to lock the employees in a walk-in freezer and then drove off in Robles' truck.

"He left with $100, my phone and my credit card machine, and my cell phone."

Investigators later found the truck. It had been left on the side of the road near Wayward and Nacogdoches.
This is to funny and the sad part is that he got away. He rob them with a fork.

Link

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
Same thing thing with the 9/11 stuff. They used box cutters. We need to start stepping up to stupid people. This society has made people so weak that anyone with a little balls can rob you with a fork, watch next it will be a spoon. Then "I'll dig your heart out with a spoon", won't be as funny.

Slacker

Postaholic
Hater808 said:
Same thing thing with the 9/11 stuff. They used box cutters. We need to start stepping up to stupid people. This society has made people so weak that anyone with a little balls can rob you with a fork, watch next it will be a spoon. Then "I'll dig your heart out with a spoon", won't be as funny.
No I think it will be a spork. :thumbsup:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Hater808 said:
Same thing thing with the 9/11 stuff. They used box cutters.
Actually, they used plastic knives. Those things are sharp as hell. I have pictures somewhere of similar knives, I'll post em if I can find em.

Slacker

Postaholic
see what I don't get is that the owner of the stare went along with it. It is just a fork you think they could go back and get a Butchers knive.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
It was never proven that he didn't have a gun. If you wanna be some cowboy hero, enjoy getting your ass shot up.

Slacker

Postaholic
Nailbomb said:
It was never proven that he didn't have a gun. If you wanna be some cowboy hero, enjoy getting your ass shot up.
Wouldn't be logical that if some one says they have a gun and they pull out the gun instead of a fork. Don't you think he didn't have a gun. People do it all the time they say they have a gun but they don't and they rob the shit out of them.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Oh, you mean by the time he had the fork up to her neck, right?

Slacker

Postaholic
Nailbomb said:
Oh, you mean by the time he had the fork up to her neck, right?
There were other employees that were around. He didn't have a gun or he would be threatening with it. A fork would only pierce the skin it can't kill you that easy it would take a hell of alot of time to do it he tryed.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Wow. You've gotta be one of the biggest idiots on the site if you honestly believe a fork to the neck wouldn't kill you fast.

Slacker

Postaholic
Nailbomb said:
Wow. You've gotta be one of the biggest idiots on the site if you honestly believe a fork to the neck wouldn't kill you fast.
Dude you try to get me from anyway you can. Save it for B&T. My point being is that he didn't have a gun.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
No, your point was you'd have put people's life in danger for a hundred bucks, a truck, and a cell phone.

Slacker

Postaholic
Nailbomb said:
No, your point was you'd have put people's life in danger for a hundred bucks, a truck, and a cell phone.
You've got to be kidding me I got stabbed with a fork and my life wasn't in danger. If the employees were smart enough they could of just grabbed is hand and took the fork. It's not that hard. I've been in more tough situations like that and I got away. It's simple common sense that she wasn't in a life threatening situation. Be logical.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Logical, eh? Alright, here we go.

The man may or may not have had a gun when he first tried robbing them. At that point, he didn't have any weapon drawn. He grabbed a fork and held it to the woman's throat when she wouldn't give him her truck keys. The fork has four sharp points just ready to pierce a major artery, or possibly her windpipe. Maybe if she was lucky, it wouldn't hit anything serious. Either way, it'd still be a lot of unnecessary risk and damage. The other people there may or may not have been close enough to take the fork, but considering it was up to her neck, they probably backed off immediately. Also, no details were given about the actual man. He may have been a gorilla compared to the people working, but that wouldn't particularly matter since even a 90 pound weakling could do some serious damage with that fork. Through all this time, it was STILL not certain whether or not he actually had the gun. Probably not, but, once again, testing it out would be a lot of unnecessary risk.

I'm going to need you all to visit my website www.imafuckingidiot.com to support a petition. I'm pushing for legislation to instate a three-day waiting period for forks and other dangerous kitchen utensils. People wishing to carry a concealed fork, spoon, spork, wooden spoon, or soup ladle outside of pre-approved dining areas must complete a mandatory, state-sanctioned safety course as well as a supplementary advanced course that teaches proper usage of each utensil.
My vision is to have a multi-tiered system whereby a citizen may become licensed to carry several different eating utensils, although never more than two at any given time, for obvious safety reasons.
I also want a state-approved curriculum in primary, secondary, and high school that will teach children the inherent dangers of using these items. Kids need to know that forks can kill.
Also, we need stiffer penalties for people who use these dangerous eating utensils to commit a crime, or even in a manner that could possibly be interpreted as threatening.
We also need to put a stop to this rampant use of dining utensils during wanton sexual acts. This is AMERICA, damnit, and we just won't tolerate that kind of shit.

Come on, people... it's up to us!! :banghead:

Slacker

Postaholic
Nailbomb said:
Logical, eh? Alright, here we go.

The man may or may not have had a gun when he first tried robbing them. At that point, he didn't have any weapon drawn. He grabbed a fork and held it to the woman's throat when she wouldn't give him her truck keys. The fork has four sharp points just ready to pierce a major artery, or possibly her windpipe. Maybe if she was lucky, it wouldn't hit anything serious. Either way, it'd still be a lot of unnecessary risk and damage. The other people there may or may not have been close enough to take the fork, but considering it was up to her neck, they probably backed off immediately. Also, no details were given about the actual man. He may have been a gorilla compared to the people working, but that wouldn't particularly matter since even a 90 pound weakling could do some serious damage with that fork. Through all this time, it was STILL not certain whether or not he actually had the gun. Probably not, but, once again, testing it out would be a lot of unnecessary risk.

Very true. :thumbsup: Point taken.

Nailbomb said:
...blah blah blah, good point, good point, bah blah blah.... Through all this time, it was STILL not certain whether or not he actually had the gun. Probably not, but, once again, testing it out would be a lot of unnecessary risk.
Ok, I just want to point out to all the 'anti-gun' lobbyists that there wouldn't even be a news story if someone had pulled out a .45 and called his bluff.
That's just my inner Bruce Willis talking, though.

Linksy said:
Very true. :thumbsup: Point taken.
Let me also enlighten you to this fact that you may not have known, as a person who works in fast food where being robbed is a possibility, I can tell you it doesn't really matter what the guy used. He could have used a spoon and still gotten away with the cash, etc. One of the first things we're told when trained in safety is to give the guy what he wants when we're being robbed. We are told NOT to play the hero as someone might get hurt or worse. That woman, by first refusing, actually broke the rules and stood up to the robber and it got her a pointy object near a very vital spot in the body.