WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Man with marijuana given choice: Jail or Military

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) - A Salinas man will have to choose between going to jail or joining the military as his punishment for possession of marijuana.

A judge surprised both the prosecution and defense yesterday when he told Brian Barr that he could avoid a jail term by enlisting in the military.

The 24-year-old Barr was charged with marijuana possession after shooting a would-be robber who had entered his apartment with two others.

Police say Barr sold marijuana from his home, and that the three men were searching for money and marijuana.

In giving Barr a choice of sentence, Monterey County Judge Robert Moody said that the shooting was justified.

Barr is scheduled to return to court next month
What the hell is that bullshit...Has anyone heard of anything like that before?

This was off the HT website...dont ask me what I was doing there...felt like being generic for a few.

gettoyo50

The One And Only
thats some fucked up shit, i wish i got that offer last year, lmao, yeah right i wouldve still served my term haha, fuck the military (no offense to ne military people out there)

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
What the hell.. Why would they want a stoner to serve in the military?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Put down that bong, and pick up that AK47. :thumbsup:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Exactly...so your punishment for owning weed is that you have to kill someone?

Fucking absurd.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
I would definitely serve the jail time. I wouldn't want to be killed :sword:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I think killing someone that is fighting for his country is like throwing a little bit of your soul away. So I'd have to go for jail.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
welllllllllllllllllll i dunno, huh.
all i can say is only in CA?
lmfao

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Rage against said:
What the hell.. Why would they want a stoner to serve in the military?
Put him in Mess Hall!!!!
"DUDE, YEAH YOU.......YOU GONNA EAT THAT"???

Mr Cliche

The Chosen
Oh yeh, but didn't Donald Rumsfeld say that you have enough volunteers to keep up your number of soldiers? (sarcastic)

....Looks like he needs to get a seat at his desk.......(he stands at work)

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Either way, you're going to get screwed(literally).

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
I dunno from what my father says they used to do that shit alot back in the day. In an attempt to answer the question as to why they gave him a chance to join the military? Well he knows how to shoot already!!!! lol I know, I know, that was a poor attempt at humor. Eat shit!

R

RedOctober

Welcome to the new NAZI American Republic.

There is one rule...

Fuck or be fucked.

Be a military or get your ass penetrated in jail.

It really is the same thing as the Nazi's did.
The knew "strafbattalione" which were punishment battalions.
Always on the front. Getting the most casualties.
Nice to get rid of punks.

Welcome in Canada!

InsmoniacsDream

Insomniacs Dream
Great Idea

Sorry to be one of the only ones here that thinks that giving this guy an option is a good thing. By letting this guy decide what he gets to do the judge is helping keep one more minor offender out of jail and giving him a chance to actually learn a skill. There are more jobs in the military than just point and shoot you fucking ignorant bastards. Get over it. :mfinger:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
InsmoniacsDream said:
Sorry to be one of the only ones here that thinks that giving this guy an option is a good thing. By letting this guy decide what he gets to do the judge is helping keep one more minor offender out of jail and giving him a chance to actually learn a skill. There are more jobs in the military than just point and shoot you fucking ignorant bastards. Get over it. :mfinger:
You can make your point without flaming. If you want to do that we have a perfectly good Bait & tackle forum.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Okay enough of your opinions, lets say you were in this position, what would you do? I'd go to military. :thumbsdn: Or run away to canada.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
so you think that with our current "situation" they're not gonna send him to Iraq to shoot people....wake the fuck up...the army needs more bodies to stop bullets.....than any sort of Intelligence/Technical/Officers types.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'd appeal. Some liberal lawyer would pick that one up Pro-bono, make an enormous media circus out of it, and eventually sue the state of California, and the city of Salinas. If nothing else you'd end up costing the state and municipality a shit load of money. :thumbsup: