WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Marijuana, Legalized Or not?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Guys, I want to hear your opinion on the marijauna stance, should or should not be legalized?

In my own case, I think it should be legalized, their not going to get rid of it. They're just going to end up like the prohibition law back in the 1920's, since they can't get rid of all of it, why not legalize it and tax it? The Government would make millions of dollars doing that. They should put an age limit on it so kids can't use it. But thats my opinion.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Ah, this age old debate surfaces. Well, time to enjoy the ride. I think there isn't really much of a logical reason for it to still be illegal, but it's not going to be changed for a long time, mostly because having a war on drugs was a much better PR move for politicians. Choosing to legalize it now would basically be admitting that all the efforts they put into trying to get rid of it were not only wasted (all those billions of taxpayer's dollars), but completely wrong. It's like declaring a loss in the war on drugs (even though there are still plenty of other drugs to talk about), and no one likes losing.

So yeah, basically one could make the strongest argument out there about how Marijuana is not only safer and cheaper than alcohol and cigarettes, and that legalizing it would save this country billions in trying to regulate it (completely in vain), it's still not going to happen. Ever. What politician is ever going to hope to be elected to anything ever again with the legalization of marijuana on his or her platform. I just don't see it happening.

gumercules

Ultra Mega
i've seen people who seriously fucked themselves over smoking too much pot, so i wouldn't bother jumping through the hoops to legalize it

the same could be said for alcohol, of course

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Ok yeah its been proven that drinking is worse than smoking a joint but still even if they tax it how can they tax something that you can just grow in your back yard, they can't so its not doing shit for them so they are gonna keep taking our tax dollars to try to get rid of it when they arn't doing shit.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Well, if pot became legalized, companies would spring up that would mass produce the shit. Eventually, no matter how the government taxed it, it would be cheaper and more potent to buy mass produced weed then to grow your own.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Hypertron said:
Ok yeah its been proven that drinking is worse than smoking a joint but still even if they tax it how can they tax something that you can just grow in your back yard, they can't so its not doing shit for them so they are gonna keep taking our tax dollars to try to get rid of it when they arn't doing shit.
It isn't legal to grow tobacco in your back yard. It isn't legal to make more than a certain ammount of alcohol in your own house. The same would go for Jimmie Ganga

morelos

lexicon incognito
of course it's legal to grow tobacco in your own back yard. i do it every summer because the flowers are amazing.

but it's not legal to FARM tobacco in your back yard. that would be like running a business.

inhalant pot could create huge, huge tax revenues, BUT...

since hemp fiber is stronger and more durable than cotton fiber, legalization of marijuana growth domestically would peripherally end all cotton sub-industries. why would you buy a $14 cotton t-shirt that breaks down in 1/3 the time of your $10 hemp t-shirt and is half as tolerant of bleach?

~ dan ~

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
ahhh well my opinion on legalising it is no why? because it gets around easily anyway just enough for the right people not to do it but the people who want to can

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
Legal or not...it's been around forever and will continue to be..

It's my opinion that Alchohol should be harder to get....

Some people might know about a story when there friend was smokin a joint and killed a family on a road trip on vacation..I don't!... I know of many cases where drunk ass fuckers kill all the time.

As long as the police issue tickets for pot and send people to court or Jail there will always be money paid to probation, court fines, ticket fines, so the goverment gets money from both ends Tax payers who feed the inmates and people who get busted and pay fines and probation...

not to mention the endless money paid by taxpayers to fund these "drug wars"

If they legalize it and start to mass produce like tobacco it could be real shitty lol thus people still getting it as they would have before. Dunno might be some killer shit..lol

tzedek

Original Member
what about those frogs that make people trip, should those be illegal too?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
no...

... but it would make a huge industry that the trial laywers can go after for knowingly selling people shit that causes cancer and other health problems...
so if the trial laywers are for it... knowing some of the shit they have debated/tried... and won.. then it may happen...