WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Math class

I haven't been to my math class in about two weeks. I haven't handed in any of my homework for about two months. Why the fuck am I doing this. I do all the other shit that is assigned. It's because my Math teacher is a fucking cock-head. He's such a dip shit. So I'm sitting here on some forum while my friends are all in math. Bwahaha suckers.

Give u Cancer

Orggh... poo mah pants...
Looks like you've got a bright future ahead of you...

I know eh? Can't ya just imagine me, all knocked up, peroxide bleached hair, asking you if you'd like fries with that?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Desdemona said:
I know eh? Can't ya just imagine me, all knocked up, peroxide bleached hair, asking you if you'd like fries with that?
i picture you on welfare, making the rest of us pay for your ass

and your fucking kid... only to have your kid become knocked up or knock someone up and start the needy cycle all over...

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
I see it as job security, if this is the competition of the future, I'll be secure in my job forever.

Invalid

Clitpickle
Do what I did - drop the fucking shit.

Did I mention that I'm going to college for computer programming? I've have my degree in 1.5 years. Not going to a class because it sucks ass doesn't mean your ass is going to be on welfare or working at fast food. Ofcourse if you're going to be a lazy piece of shit yeah, your going to be asking if you want fries with that.

Holy fuck. Wow you guys sure make things seem worse then they are. I'm in grade seven. I have a 85 percent average, I don't go to one class for a month and suddenly I'm on welfare?

ron

Buster of Asses
Desdemona said:
I haven't been to my math class in about two weeks. I haven't handed in any of my homework for about two months. Why the fuck am I doing this. I do all the other shit that is assigned. It's because my Math teacher is a fucking cock-head. He's such a dip shit. So I'm sitting here on some forum while my friends are all in math. Bwahaha suckers.
Mathematics is the key to the Universe. One of these days, you'll be a grown-up and then you'll be out of luck. You're making a mistake.

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
ron said:
Mathematics is the key to the Universe. One of these days, you'll be a grown-up and then you'll be out of luck. You're making a mistake.
I believe you need maths, Up to a point, we don't need to know quadratics, or even pythag. But alot of it need to be known. They just throw the easy pythag. and shit in there to fill the curriculum.
I have contemplated ditching maths, but I have realised how stupid it would be.And why do you Americans call it math, when it is an abbreviation of mathematics, not mathemetic. As a rule, it would be maths.

ron

Buster of Asses
Solanaceae said:
I believe you need maths, Up to a point, we don't need to know quadratics, or even pythag. But alot of it need to be known. They just throw the easy pythag. and shit in there to fill the curriculum.
Certainly, not everyone needs to know quadratics, or differential equations, or vector analysis, or how to derive a formula. Hell, even Broken can work calculus...But, imagine what we could accomplish if more people actually could. If not for the Dark Ages, mankind might be living like the Jetsons.
Solanaceae said:
I have contemplated ditching maths, but I have realised how stupid it would be.
Verily.
Solanaceae said:
And why do you Americans call it math, when it is an abbreviation of mathematics, not mathemetic. As a rule, it would be maths.
Dunno, but that's what we do.

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
ron said:
Certainly, not everyone needs to know quadratics, or differential equations, or vector analysis, or how to derive a formula. Hell, even Broken can work calculus...But, imagine what we could accomplish if more people actually could. If not for the Dark Ages, mankind might be living like the Jetsons.
Verily.
Dunno, but that's what we do.
The thing I can't stand about maths, is the solidity of the right and the wrong answers, I can't change an idea with my limited knowledge of the subject.

ron said:
If not for the Dark Ages, mankind might be living like the Jetsons.
highly doubt that - i had a history teacher who HATED the term "dark ages"... plenty of advancements were made during that time, they just weren't quite as sparkly and pretty as the renaissance

but obviously that wasn't your main point. :p

ron

Buster of Asses
gumercules said:
highly doubt that - i had a history teacher who HATED the term "dark ages"... plenty of advancements were made during that time, they just weren't quite as sparkly and pretty as the renaissance

but obviously that wasn't your main point. :p
Yes, but my point is that far fewer advancements were made during that period than in prior or following periods. If not for that slowing of development, we might be much farther ahead than we are. Your history teacher only provides one point of view, remember.

ron

Buster of Asses
Solanaceae said:
The thing I can't stand about maths, is the solidity of the right and the wrong answers, I can't change an idea with my limited knowledge of the subject.
I suppose it depends upon the question being asked. Mathematics, especially when one approaches the higher levels of theory, is used to represent reality in symbolic, logical form, reducing reality to quantifiable and, therefore, manageable representations. Remember the two trains which leave Perth and Sydney headed toward one another? There is no train when one reduces the situation mathematically.

hmm

wow.. I agree with Ron for once, Math is definitely important, and in a lot of ways it's the most important thing you'll learn in school, I hate math class, but I'll still admit I'm going to need it and therefore at least go and do the goddamn work

My math average was about 55%. My brother failed math... then took it again so he could take calculus. he later went on to say it was the biggest waste of time ever... he got a job peeling logs. he now works for a small landscaping company... no need for math. I work for a landscaping company... not a permanent job, but i'll find something else. i get by with various jobs. i like physical work where math is not important

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
Unforgiven said:
My math average was about 55%. My brother failed math... then took it again so he could take calculus. he later went on to say it was the biggest waste of time ever... he got a job peeling logs. he now works for a small landscaping company... no need for math. I work for a landscaping company... not a permanent job, but i'll find something else. i get by with various jobs. i like physical work where math is not important
I would much rather be paid for my experience and knowledge.

Unforgiven said:
... he got a job peeling logs

Um, am I the only one that noticed this huge dramatic irony?

P.S God help you when you have to file your tax returns :mfinger:

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Earthness2000 said:
God help you when you have to file your tax returns..
...balance a checkbook, calculate loan/interest rates, yields on investments, price savings comparisons....etc....yea, you might not be pulling out a sliderule everyday, but math is the key to the universe..