WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss mcdonald's to partner with olympics

morelos

lexicon incognito
how does a FAST FOOD COMPANY "partner" with the world organization MOST obsessed with physical fitness?

~ dan ~

magnolia

Postaholic
Cuz the world that we live in is fucked. The olympics need the money and Mc Donalds needs to be associated with something bennefitial to health because they obviously aren't.

cause who give a flyin fuck when ur pockets are full of cash!!!!!

Evil Eye

Flame Bait
Mac Do. and the olympics partnering - thats just wrong on so many levels.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
u wanna know who should be the sponsor.... Mounian Dew!!!

Pachyderm

I really did.
Mcdonald's is making an effort to compromise with America's diets and fitness lifestyles though. I heard they have stopped supersizing, and they now offer a veriety of salads. (I don't know about anything more than that), but it seems as though it promotes good family values along with the symbol of the olympics.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
Mcdonald's is making an effort to compromise with America's diets and fitness lifestyles though. I heard they have stopped supersizing, and they now offer a veriety of salads. (I don't know about anything more than that), but it seems as though it promotes good family values along with the symbol of the olympics.
Mickey D's is one of the most evil corporations out there.

Read Fast Food Nation...

Pachyderm

I really did.
voiceofreason said:

Read Fast Food Nation...
Not saying I support it but it's a good social partnership.

morelos

lexicon incognito
eric fucking schlosser.

fast food nation was GREAT.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Laughs Really Hard

(Rolling on floor, laughing so hard that he hurts his back)

Shit, that is the most fucked up partnership I have ever seen...It's like a border collie forming an alliance with sheep...it'll never work out. It's just another reason America thinks it is the shit, when it really is not...It's a fucking joke. We house the most evil corporations on the planet.

LONG LIVE JAPANESE BUSINESSES! THEY ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT YOU! WHY CAN'T JAPAN BE THE NEXT GLOBAL POWER?! THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD FLOURISH.

morelos

lexicon incognito
japan is capitalizing like america now. no more lifetime job security, etc.

the only thing that still happens is toyota dealers will visit you well after you get your car to see how it's working out for you.

morelos

lexicon incognito
oh, really? cool. at least a bit of japanese honor culture survives.

Evil Eye

Flame Bait
voiceofreason said:

Read Fast Food Nation...
you wanna know who is more evil than Mac Do.

Disney.

They have control of over 90% of kids shows. They have the ultimate acces to every person. Who here didnt grow up without a Disney film or stuffed toy. If Bush had that power we would all be doomed.

tzedek

Original Member
Mickey tried to stab me once...

Pachyderm

I really did.
tzedek said:
Mickey tried to stab me once...
I agree that Disney is an evil corporation, bordering on a monopoly. If Walt was alive I think he would be seriously disappointed with the way it turned out.