McShutthehellup

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Watching too much tv as usual I see alot of commercials. Some are funny. Some are boring. However, some companies decide they need to advertise the living crap out of themselves. One of my most hated commercializing monsters is McDonalds. They seem to find it necessary to play thier commercials constantly, on all forms of media. TV, Radio, Billboards, News Papers, its all infected. Radio stations can't go a single break without playing that inane "ba ba ba.." jingle thing, or "did somebody say" bullshit, or "we love to see you smile" garbage. At first the jingles and slogan's are a bit amusing but after 6 months to a year of it played every 5.5 minutes I feel I want to puke each time I hear it. It's amazing that a company who is likely the largest fast food chain in the world has to advertise so much.

But then at the same time i can't really blame them. The resturant chain has gone down hill lately. I don't know if it's my tastes have changed or what but it seems the quality of the food has declined over the years. From mega thin and flat hamburgers to greasy nasty chicken nuggets, the flavor has gone. Also it seem you have two types of McDonalds in the world. One of them I define as McBoobies. Every employee in the resturant is 16 to 18 years of age, blond, and on the cheerleading squad. The other is the Affirmative action McDonalds. Every employee is a minority of some kind. And those particular ones usually have at least one member who is of a culture that requires some kind of ethnic head gear. However I'm getting off the point because no matter who works there, All the employees seemingly are ignorant and or braindead. It leads to bad service.

In all the times I've gone there, my order may have been givin to me right 20% of the time. The final time I went there, I ordered only one item and when I came back in because they gave me the wrong thing, I actually got an arguement in return that I ordered what I got. This I know cannot be true because It was breakfast and in 5 years I only ever ordered a sausage egg and cheese biscut, and they gave me an egg mcmuffin. Decidedly not similar. It would seem like something arbitrary, but to get a fight over something so simple, when last I checked the customer is always right. On top of the endless wrong orders over the years, the bad attitudes, and declining product quality I haven't been to a McDonalds in 6 months. Nor do I plan to ever be.

Now to conclude, don't get me wrong. I understand the evil maniacle hate that comes with customer service. I have done my fair share of dealing with people in that kind of setting, and have been known to go off on one or two exceptional individuals who took the cake for being moronic or hate filled. What it really boils down to is instead of billion dollar marketing campains, of hammering catch phrases, slogans, and jingles into our heads five thousand times a day, perhaps they should spend that money on a thicker burger patty, a better chicken nugget, or maybe some bigger wages or for god sakes customer service courses for the mass of rocks that work there.

Dave666

Pot-Head
There commercials suck i think the owner of mcdonalds should burn in the worst part of hel with that fucking jingle

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
the jingle is evil I must say.. but im willing to bet it wont be long untill they start using popular songs to advertise again.. next thing you know a digital kurt cobain is singing smells like big mac with cheese or something retarted like that.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yet another current commercial hate I have is this new EverGirl thing. Apparently some corperation decided to market a girls product line based on 4 characters. The basis is each girl has a different style about themselves... One is sporty, one is musical, and so on. They started the campaign with a basic commercial intruducing the girls, and how they were a statement of individuality. Then asked the viewing girls, "what kind of ever girl are you? go online and vote!", now a commercial runs on a fashion line of the EverGirls. so here's the thing.. Thier promoting individuality by getting girls to be like one of 4 characters? The vein in my head is slowly exploding at the self defeating nature of that statement/question...

Amoeba

Strange Amoeboid Creature
The worst commercial is for this local radio which has a fat purple hippopotamous dancing to pop music in a g-string. That just gives me the shits.