WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

me

tzedek

Original Member
so me and my gf are both freshmans in college this year and she is in Philadelphia while i am here in Maine. She is in a 7 year program at the university of the sciences in pharmacy and im going to school for Medical Radiology. Anyway she just moved down there last week and it has been really hard. Im always lonely and depressed and i call her a lot. Hopefully it is worth it someday.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
just hang in there buddy....ive never been in a long distance relationship....but i can only imagine how hard it must be...first things first tho...you need to stick it to the books..kick some ass and take names....if you and youre chick get through this together...it will only be that much better...its going to be really hard at first...work at it...and itll be fine...if things dont work out..then it wasnt meant to be..you seem like a smart guy...rario-medoligical medecine...in case things dont work out...shouldnt be hard to find someone....good luck man..

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tzedek said:
so me and my gf are both freshmans in college this year and she is in Philadelphia while i am here in Maine. She is in a 7 year program at the university of the sciences in pharmacy and im going to school for Medical Radiology. Anyway she just moved down there last week and it has been really hard. Im always lonely and depressed and i call her a lot. Hopefully it is worth it someday.
All I can say is, If it's meant to be, it will be. Follow your heart, not your hard.

BTW can you two geht me some Isotopes and barbituates?

tzedek

Original Member
haha maybe in like 5 or 6 years. thanks guys.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Not to like.. make you think differently but I can promise you another girl will come into view that lives close to you.. All in good time

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
i dont know how it is to be in a long distance realationship, but, if u 2 care enough about each other not to cheat on any one else, that is, if u have trust in her, hopefully u can overcome this distance problem and be together. GL (Good Luck)

rwssatx

Thats MR. Jackass to you!
you will probably grow apart and you will soon be bangin' lots of chicks...sad to say, but that is what happens most of the time....but bangin' lots of chicks isn't a bad thing.... :cool:

Pachyderm

I really did.
I am in a long distance relationship. My Girlfriend went to Smith in Massachusetts while I was in California. I now go to Columbus College of Art and Design in Ohio. I am going to tell you what it's like, since I have already done it.
There will be a few bumps along the road, but you have to cut some slack since you are so far apart from each other. My girlfriend and I are kind of already lax about the situation, for example, we don't view kissing as a form of cheating. We do, however, view sex or oral sex as a form of cheating. I know most people aren't as unconventional as we are, but if you think about it as just experimental college days.. it's not that bad (that sounds really bad).
Anyway, now that we are both in college, it's especially hard because there are all these new people, people you want to get to know, people that will wind up liking you and all that. You just have to know each other's boundries and be firm about them.
We both have web cams, so we can see each other as much as possible, and this includes instant messangers. We call each other all the time, and it's going alright. Just look forward to all your breaks and don't forget about how warm she is when you wake up in bed with her in the morning. Always remember before you go hooking up with someone that you have someone waiting for you. But don't be too hard on her if she messes up, unless she continues to.
I don't know.. if you have any questions, PM me, because I have already been through this, and I have been making it work and continue to do so.

tzedek said:
:rotflmao:
sorry dude, just forget it!​

actingsmylife

Loving Person
survive

If you two can survive this, you will be able to survive almost anything. You two must really care for eachother...some people would just break up because of the distance. Good luck!

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
actingsmylife said:
If you two can survive this, you will be able to survive almost anything. You two must really care for eachother...some people would just break up because of the distance. Good luck!
i agree, see it as a opportunity to figure out what about her you love the most. there were times that im sure you can think of that you might have taken for granted, and its better late then never to realize it. so the next time you meet up again, she'll feel all the appreciation same goes for you. best of luck and hang in there...just a couple of years but after that you have your whole life with her.

tzedek

Original Member
just wanted top say thanks for all the input... except you kuntz :mfinger: the good thing is that after we are done with school if we are still together than we can move any where we want to work. it has been rough so far, i have to say harder than i thought it would be, but i think we can make it through. she will be home soon for thanksgiving and then a month in dec - jan and many other breaks too. Anyone who has the chance to go through something like this, if you think it is at all worth it then go for it. You will learn a lot about yourself and/or your partner. On another note im not really sure why this was moved to the "insignificant others" section. :confused: oh well thanks ladies and gentlemen

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
All I can say is that it better really be worth it, man. I've waited a long time for the girl that just dumped me. I can't say that it was worth it.

Lexx_D

Who gives a Fuck?!?!
Hey im in philly, shit just tell her to hit me up i'll keep her company for you..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nah for real, you'll be fine but not to bust your bubbles but long distance relationships are hard and not always work....

dhsquared

Fresh Meat
Rarely WOrks

First let me sat good luck with Maine-Philly. :thumbsup:
Second WTF did you go to school in Maine for man??? :thumbsdn:
Third, as it's been said before, if it's ment to be it will, if it's not then you will be able to enjoy college. Don't let a futre what if hold you back from a potential new horizon in college. Maybe you could consider the "While we are apart we are apart, and together we are together" in a "don't ask don't tell" kind of fashion. I've actually seen that work quite a few times. :bomb: