WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Memos Show Bush Suspended From Flying

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON - Newly unearthed memos state George W. Bush was suspended from flying for the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam war because he failed to meet Guard standards and failed to take his annual flight physical as required.

The suspension came as Bush was trying to arrange a transfer to non-flying status with a unit in Alabama so he could work on a political campaign there.

A memo written a year later referred to one military official "pushing to sugar coat" Bush's evaluation.

"On this date I ordered that 1st Lt. Bush be suspended from flight status due to failure to perform to USAF/TexANG standards and failure to meet annual physical examination ... as ordered," says an Aug. 1, 1972 memo by Lt. Col. Jerry Killian, who is now dead.

The same memo notes that Bush was trying to transfer to non-flying status out of state and recommends that the Texas unit fill his flying slot "with a more seasoned pilot from the list of qualified Vietnam pilots that have rotated."

The Vietnam-era documents add details to the bare-bones explanation of Bush's aides over the years that he was suspended simply because he decided to skip his flight physical.

The White House said in February that it had released all records of Bush's service, but one of Killian's memos stated it was "for record" and another directing Bush to take the physical exam stated that it was "for 1st Lt. George W. Bush."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a military pilot, you don't miss your flight physical. Because then you don't fly, and that is why people BECOME pilots.

At least he is consistent in his failure...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
so are you knocking the site or the info... don't hate on the messenger... did you read it.. did you then download the PDF file and look at the "memo" and decide for yourself... or since it is obviously defending Bush did you automaticly dismiss it as false...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
so are you knocking the site or the info... don't hate on the messenger... did you read it.. did you then download the PDF file and look at the "memo" and decide for yourself... or since it is obviously defending Bush did you automaticly dismiss it as false...
Yes...Yes....and no.
But with Bush's reputation as a loser (And I mean that in all seriousness, not as a dig at him) It's not surprising. He's like the guy that can't do anything right, but still somehow succeeds.
I mean let's face it, no matter what anyone thinks of him politically, you have to admit that he's a schmuck. Here we live in a country where Bill Clinton got jumped on left and right, for admitting that he smoked pot in college, but it's ok for GW to have been an Alcoholic, cokehead getting charged with DUI and shirking his responsibilities to his country. That's just the stuff we know about.
I'll bet George Bush Sr. is rethinking his position on abortion now that he sees what his son is turning out to be.

As far as that document, we'll just have to wait to see the final word on it's authenticity.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
hey, look, mabye he just didnt have the time to take his physicall. Fuck, he was a kid. I know marines that have done worse than that. I mean, even the president is human, ya know.

And, I had no problem with clinton smoking pot. More americans HAVE tried pot than HAve NOT. So, what I was irked was that he said he did not inhale. Bullshit call on that one. I would have had more faith in clinton if he had not LIED aobut it. I sure dont care that he banged his intern, but the fact that he lied to the public about it and his wife really fucking irks me. Never trust a president that cant face it when he gets caught fucking up. Well, i guess that is about every president we have ever had, huh.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
HavokChylde said:
Honesty is the best policy, eh?

I can see insome cases where withholding or coloring information would be good. But, I can not see Lying about fucking some bitch when you were caught doing it. Or lying about smoking pot, unless you are talking to your probation officer....lol

Yeah, agreed.

By the way, I smoke lots of pot, but I never inhale. ;)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
HavokChylde said:
Yeah, agreed.

By the way, I smoke lots of pot, but I never inhale. ;)
Well that is just a waste of natural resources.

Oh come on. Clinton can say it, why can't I?

Sorry. Just making a point.

What are they teaching our children these days?