WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss MERRY FLIPPING CHRISTMAS

BooGoo1002

Flame Bait
I am not any certain sort of religion. I am more spiritual. If you don't know the difference, I don't follow a bible or any organized religion of any sort. I know the the bible was made by humanity over hundreds of years and hundreds of different versions, ideals, and proclamations. I dearly feel that no human can know what is after this life. I don't judge others for their own personal beliefs and I don't feel the need to hate others for something that NONE of us seem to know.
While in saying that I still personally believe in a god. I believe in an after life. Still, it's not anybodies business what I personally believe. I have been asked countless times if I am an atheist. The simple answer is; no. I am spiritual and go by my own personal beliefs. Not what a religion tells me. I have friends from all walks of life. Some ask me to attend their church and I even had one ask me to attend her mom's group to learn about spiritual learning versus biblical. The only churches I absolutely refuse to walk into are the ones that I know send you to hell for not believing exactly their ideals. So far there re only two churches I have refused to go to. Or listen to. Mormon and The Mason's. Two of my friends have Mormon parents and neither of them agree with the things the church tells them. My grandpa and my dad is a Mason. Women in their religion aren't allowed to be apart of the Mason's. They are in a different title of the almost same religion. The men are taught to drop and run for their church for no matter what. The women are told to serve their men and take any sort of abuse from them. I have read my father's bible and strongly disagree with it. I still ask questions, so I know that I won't be able to sit in the Eastern Star meetings. (Since I am a female I have to go to Eastern Star's instead of Mason's).
This being known that I care a great deal about different ideals and beliefs. I still say Merry Christmas. NOT Happy Holiday's. If I finish a conversation with "And you have a Merry Christmas!" I don't care what response I get.
Respond with your own belief. Your own idea of a holiday.
"And you have a happy Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/ ect." You get the point.
I don't like the idea of blending out all religions to find a meeting ground. If someone looks at me and says Happy Hanukkah. I'll say it right back! Honestly. Common decency is respect for all religions. If you can't be okay with someone celebrating their holiday then just smile, walk away. And sit in misery cause you can't just FORCE your own opinion on somebody. I don't need a dang lecture on why I should forsake my own holiday greeting for a blend of culture. Assimilation is crap. And don't get me wrong. Say happy holiday's all you want. Just don't make your OPINION. My problem. I have a right to be proud of my celebration as much as anybody else. If someone would like to accuse me of being wrong for pride in my own celebration when I don't do anything but say a simple holiday greeting. Stop. Just end it. Because not only do I not care. But I will tell you dead on to stop. It is not appropriate to shame ANYONE for their belief at the holidays. So PLEASE, don't do t to me. Or to anyone who wants to have a cheerful, happy time in their own celebration.
So to every one;
MERRRY FLIPPING CHRISTMAS
HAPPY KWANZAA
HAPPY HANUKKAH
AND A MERRY DANG NEW YEAR.

BooGoo1002

Flame Bait
You lost me at "I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual."
:rolleyes:
To be completely honest you lost me at Fonzie for President.
Needless to say I feel the need to say Merry Christmas. And a happy new year.
Thank you for the feed back and have a nice day.

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
Man, I mean this stranger like, reached out man. And then like Pow! Man, just like... I dunno, man.
I went back and read the post. I agree with everything. I dislike going to church because it's pointless. I can just believe in a God at home without dressing in fancy clothes, talking with other people that have nothing to do with me, and sitting through boring sermons.

As for Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I don't care what people say. As long as they don't push their religion on me, try to force me to convert, or claim I'm trying to take away their religion, I just want to live the way I want. Many religious beliefs are silly anyway.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
According to Von Clauswitz's rules on the War on Christmas we must concentrate more on the decisive point of christmas (consumerism) and remove efforts from secondary fronts (happiness) and ignore lessor objectives (Merry New Year).

Therefore, have you purchased anything from Amazon recently?

Out2Lunch

☠️
According to Von Clauswitz's rules on the War on Christmas we must concentrate more on the decisive point of christmas (consumerism) and remove efforts from secondary fronts (happiness) and ignore lessor objectives (Merry New Year).

Therefore, have you purchased anything from Amazon recently?
I’ve purchased a couple of things recently from amazon and feel very festive! Thanks!

Out2Lunch

☠️
I'm not in a hugging mood and bears probably are not, either.
Craigslist Bears wouldn’t mind.

@BooGoo1002

As for the “I’m not religious, I’m spiritual” that’s just ridiculous. You’re still religious, you just follow your own personal made up religion which is your spirituality. You worship your “God” in your own way and you won’t worship “God” in another way. Your dogmas are your “spiritual views”.

Last edited:
  • 1LOL
Reactions: ThisIsBananas