WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Metallica gets rid of Bob Rock (finally...)

http://www.allmetallica.com/news.php?id=269

Posted by Crazy Metal

METALLICA, the Grammy-award winning heavy metal band that just added a documentary to their roster of accomplishments, have announced that they are parting ways with long-time Canadian producer Bob Rock.

"As grateful as we are to Bob for all he's done for us since 1991, we feel it's time to move on," said drummer and spokesman for the band Lars Ulrich.

Metallica felt the need to reassure fans that despite the timing, this was not an April Fool's gag.

"Kirk Hammett, guitarist, was the one who mentioned, people are going to think this is an April Fool's joke," said James Hetfield, singer/guitarist. "But we can assure you, it was just a coincidence. We've been thinking about this for some time now, and it's just the way things have panned out."

Metallica united with Bob Rock for the 1991 self-titled album, universally called "The Black Album". It was a move that led to many long-time fans turning their backs on the band, while the better sound, simpler song structures and greater commercial acceptance led to a generation of younger fans who had never heard Metallica propelled the foursome to international dominance.

The subsequent tour for The Black Album lasted three years. Rock has since worked with Metallica on every studio release, leading many fans and music critics to believe he is single handedly responsible for the commercialization and "selling out" of the band.

Under Rock's tutleage, the band have released The Black Album, Load, Reload, Garage Inc, S&M and most recently St. Anger.

Rock, who also had production credits for Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Motley Crue, was unavailable for comment. Metallica have not speculated on who, if anyone, would be taking over as producer, although many fans are hopeful that Flemming Rasmunssen, who was responsible for the Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All releases, will return to the studio to work with the group.
WOOT WOOT GOOD FOR YOU METALLICA :D :thumbsup:

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
'BOUT GOD DAMN TIME!

Maybe they can regain some respect in my eyes, and bring back the Ride the Lightning days, and MAYBE, just MAYBE bring themselves at LEAST up to Megadeth's standards today.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
VenomHowell said:
'BOUT GOD DAMN TIME!

Maybe they can regain some respect in my eyes, and bring back the Ride the Lightning days, and MAYBE, just MAYBE bring themselves at LEAST up to Megadeth's standards today.
pphhhhhhh metallica will never be able to live up to the standards megadeth has set in the metal world...i dont give a fuck bout album sales megadeth blows tallica out of the water

i like megadeth...but mustaines voice annoys the hell out of me. right upt here with the ACDC guy and axl rose. is it true that mustaine DOES NOT do all the solos?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
This posting references metallica, so you all now owe the RIAA 37.6 cents...

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Metallica died when Cliff Burton woke up dead under the tour bus and they ran out of Songs that Dave Mustaine wrote while he was in the band. Bob Rock had nothing to do with it.

Not to meantion; how greedy Lars got when he found out how much his height enhacement surgery was going to cost.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
VenomHowell said:
'BOUT GOD DAMN TIME!

Amen to that brother!!!

Broken

dull_bullet said:
i like megadeth...but mustaines voice annoys the hell out of me. right upt here with the ACDC guy and axl rose. is it true that mustaine DOES NOT do all the solos?
Mustaine does all the crappy solos, Marty Freedmen is the badass guitarist.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
dull_bullet said:
Of course Mustaine doesn't do all the solos. The way it's GENERALLY broken up is that, Mustaine will do some solos and the dedicated lead guitarist will do some. Mustaine will do the REALLY fast ones, but they aren't going to be terribly technique heavy, just fast and furious. Marty Friedman, and the other lead guitarists Megadeth have gone through, have generally done the more technique heavy solos, harder todo, but not as fast... That was generally the rule, although there are quite a few exceptions to it... Look at 'She Wolf (Live)'

broken said:
Metallica died when Cliff Burton woke up dead under the tour bus and they ran out of Songs that Dave Mustaine wrote while he was in the band. Bob Rock had nothing to do with it.
Amen to that! Dave Mustaine was the guy who made Metallica more than just a Diamondhead cover band, and catapulted them into the limelight they are in today. If it wasn't for Dave, they'd still be doing bar circuits in San Francisco. Coincidentally, their best CD, 'Ride the Lightning', had a couple tracks wrote entirely by Mustaine on them, and yet many more completely influenced by Mustaine.

Note that also, Dave Mustaine did a tribute song to Cliff Burton... And I can't think of one that Metallica did. Seems like Dave cared about the band and the members of Metallica more than James Hetfield too. Although, I don't think Cliff Burton's death was the downfall of Metallica.

Broken

The last real album that Metallica made was "Master of Puppets" They were still using Mustaines material. Leper Messiah was "The Hills Run Red" They just revamped it like they did on The Four Horsemen and mechinx.
The Black album was kind of cool, and I like a couple off In Justice, but I have to go Burton was too much of a lost.

i like and justice. it's my favorite! :thumbsup:

and in case none of you saw, it was an april fools joke(maybe, i'm just confused now)
we're stuck with bock nonrock :(