WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Meth Drug Craze In America

Its gone up a notch. Seven people in my 8th grade class have been expelled indefintly for have postion of meth in school, in 8 weeks!! It is just crazy, it sickens me. My best friend had to move cause his mom was cought cooking! She had an intire lab in her car, and hadn,t been to work for 2 months, because she was busy cooking, and now, I have no idea where he went. Garrett, Indiana is in a drug craze, kids in my grade do drugs because they are bored. Half of our high school football teams starters quit because they couldnt pass a drug test...it sickens me, nothing good comes from drugs, but they do them because they have nothing better to do. I know 4 dealers in Garrett, under the age of 16...give me your thoughts

Fuxed

Titles are overrated...
Meth is pretty heavy, lots of parental problems in that problem I'd guess... More dare, more church, less drugs, less CHILD MOLESTATIONS OMGOOSES!!11

Jung

???
Premium
Lets those people kill themselves. :thumbsup:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
here in tennessee they call it cracker crack.. it's fucking the state up..

i heard on npr today that 1.3 million americans regularly use meth, you can't put all those people in prison.. we need to think outside the box on this one. i'm not sure what the answer is but i think the problem is that people keep wanting something to make them feel 'better'.. like crack before it and coke before that people are taking meth because it feeds the pleasure receptors in the brain.. in ways that other drugs like mushrooms or weed can't..
oh.. that's the answer right there.. get all the meth-heads and make them smoke a ton of hash, they'll be so boring and lethargic that they forget about things like ego, fun, pleasure.. and meth.

blk990

Serial Killer
Doing meth is fucking stupid. Do people want to fuck their life up, or are they just dumbasses? I mean I could see smoking weed but you're going to kill yourself doing meth, not to mention going downhill when you get addicted.

jamesp

In Memory...
Alabama, in particular Fayette County is one of the worst areas in the US for meth. People dont seem to understand, but this stuff is worse than anyone thinks. I have lost too many friends shooting that shit up, and it has destroyed so many other lives that it makes me sick. Ill admit that Ive smoked it, but I never had any use for it. Meth is fucking horrible, but the DEA is going to extraordinary means to make it harder to make, going so far as to pull several brands of cough medicine off the shelves and telling cashiers to watch out for people buying too much cold medicine and tin foil.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
jamesp said:
DEA is going to extraordinary means to make it harder to make, going so far as to pull several brands of cough medicine off the shelves and telling cashiers to watch out for people buying too much cold medicine and tin foil.
the main quantities of meth available in the usa currently are produced just over the border in mexico.. at least according to a story i heard on npr yestrday.. propoganda or not, its feasible that meth is the new mexican csh crop..

void said:
the main quantities of meth available in the usa currently are produced just over the border in mexico.. at least according to a story i heard on npr yestrday.. propoganda or not, its feasible that meth is the new mexican cash crop..
Well, it's not really a crop, but yeah, that would make sense.
Also, crystal meth is a fucking scary drug, have you seen pictures of people's arms after taking it? They get nervous twitches and pick their arms. It's freaky to see someone's arm that has a bunch of crater-like holes in it.
/me shudders

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
canadian_pov said:
Well, it's not really a crop, but yeah, that would make sense.
Also, crystal meth is a fucking scary drug, have you seen pictures of people's arms after taking it? They get nervous twitches and pick their arms. It's freaky to see someone's arm that has a bunch of crater-like holes in it.
/me shudders
i used cash crop as a figure of speech.. i know, it's made in a bucket or whatever.. ;)

and 'have i seen?'.. yeah, i am with you 100% on the visuals.. i'm in tennessee, where you're either 300 pound or a fucking meth tragedy..
a lot of states claim to be the biggest meth disaster but we're up there with the worst.. truely a fucking zombie nation..

Unless America can better itself and find something entertaining (not tv or computer) to help kids do after school ,it'll always continue and get worse.

I like meth.

Meth is not the problem. People's reaction to meth is the problem. There are far too many people with the, "I'm such a rebel," attitude. Obviously those are the people who are going to make a mad dash at whatever people hate and do up a bunch of it. This is the pattern I see. Meth itself does not ruin lives, your aversion to meth ruins lives. A major contributor to the problem is the fact that the legal reprecussions are so great. Take as evidence the amount of adults who smoke (tobacco), as opposed to the number of teens who smoke. I think you'll notice a vast difference.
Also, you get much higher from like 5 corecedin pills than from meth, and how many people's moms do you know who make cold medicine in their cars?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
AvidMrFilth said:
Meth is not the problem. People's reaction to meth is the problem. There are far too many people with the, "I'm such a rebel," attitude. Obviously those are the people who are going to make a mad dash at whatever people hate and do up a bunch of it. This is the pattern I see. Meth itself does not ruin lives, your aversion to meth ruins lives. A major contributor to the problem is the fact that the legal reprecussions are so great. Take as evidence the amount of adults who smoke (tobacco), as opposed to the number of teens who smoke. I think you'll notice a vast difference.
Also, you get much higher from like 5 corecedin pills than from meth, and how many people's moms do you know who make cold medicine in their cars?
Actually, if you are bright enough and have had a few chem courses, or even without them, you can make meth. It is a simple recipe that you can pick up from anywhere.

But, I dont think its entirely possible to make good meth in your car, so that seems pretty fucking dumb to me.

It is not the social reaction, if that is the point you are trying to make.

Meth is a physical addiction. It numbs you and speeds you up. It makes you faster, stronger, better.

It also rots you from the inside out.

Also, meth is not a cool drug. It is flat out fucking evil. If you have not lived it, you have no room to talk. I have seen perfectly cool and nice people freak the fuck out when they are coming down. I have no problem with it being illegal and cookers going to prison.

Have you ever smelled a meth lab? Those chemicals are not normal chemicals that you just put into your body to be cool. It is an addictive drug, it is dangerous, and it kills.

kindbud

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
Actually, if you are bright enough and have had a few chem courses, or even without them, you can make meth. It is a simple recipe that you can pick up from anywhere.
But, I dont think its entirely possible to make good meth in your car, so that seems pretty fucking dumb to me.
you seem to disagree with yourself in the first 2 sentences. possible and is done.

dustinzgirl said:
Have you ever smelled a meth lab? Those chemicals are not normal chemicals that you just put into your body to be cool. It is an addictive drug, it is dangerous, and it kills.
yes, it is an evil drug, but sniffing the wrong fumes at a lab makes you dead. a close friend, dea agent, told of a bust where he lost 3 agents just because of the fumes. wrong ratios and mixings...no smells...one guy was 5 steps in and dropped, another behind him turned and dropped, the 3rd tried to exit on seeing this and made it 2 steps outside the door and dropped. 2 others, the bakers, were also found dead inside.

dustinzgirl said:

It is not the social reaction, if that is the point you are trying to make.

Meth is a physical addiction. It numbs you and speeds you up. It makes you faster, stronger, better.

It also rots you from the inside out.

Also, meth is not a cool drug. It is flat out fucking evil. If you have not lived it, you have no room to talk. I have seen perfectly cool and nice people freak the fuck out when they are coming down. I have no problem with it being illegal and cookers going to prison.

Meth might be a fun drug, the downside is that it kills you.
I am with you 100% on the 'Meth is evil' thing, having parents who work with the Toronto homeless population, I have seen first hand the effects of this drug, and while it isn't a major problem here, it's still a bitch.

What I want to know is why the fuck would you ever take it? You are SO much better off smoking weed. Or just not doing drugs. Sometimes that helps.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
canadian_pov said:
What I want to know is why the fuck would you ever take it? You are SO much better off smoking weed. Or just not doing drugs. Sometimes that helps.
meth, speed, coke, all of them.. provide a false sense of well-being, of inflated ego, even of accomplishment..
it appeals to insecure people for those reasons..

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
void said:
meth, speed, coke, all of them.. provide a false sense of well-being, of inflated ego, even of accomplishment..
it appeals to insecure people for those reasons..
It kills the sense of worhtlessness and general pain.