WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Metrosexuals... Gay or not...

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
Lately, I've been seeing an influx of "metrosexuals." And after seeing many literal examples, one begins to wonder, are metrosexuals gays in denial?:confused:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I think metros are just men that are way in touch with their girlie bits. They may be effeminate straight guys or gay men in denial.

Having identity problems there cheese?

Many view metrosexuals as just the politically correct term for male homosexuals in denial. Actual homosexuals were tired of being associated with those in denial. j/k i think this is just a something that people made up to get attention. Some guys like to be more feminine without being called gay. I feel bad for gay's who hide within their ranks though. I truly believe gays are happier in the open than in the closet. some friends have really develpoed into great personalities once they came out.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Yeah but the world doesn't work that way. A lot of men and women have a hard time coming out because of all the pressure that's been put on them. It's changed a lot though for the better, but there's still more work to be done.

Hell, in some countries it's still punishable by death.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
UberSkippy said:
I think metros are just men that are way in touch with their girlie bits. They may be effeminate straight guys or gay men in denial.
If they already act like a girl, what is wrong with saying they are gay. They already act like a girl. lol

I am wondering how you have noticed the increase? What have you done different that now all of the sudden you are seeing all this metrosexuals.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
ChilianFuckFace said:
If they already act like a girl, what is wrong with saying they are gay. They already act like a girl. lol

I am wondering how you have noticed the increase? What have you done different that now all of the sudden you are seeing all this metrosexuals.
I'm not seeing any more... that was cheese boy.

As far as it goes, I think the term mostly just refers to effeminite men that aren't openly gay. They may be straight, they may be gay, but they are girlie.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
No, not Gay, just swishy, and a little too much in to haircare products...:cool:

Jung

???
Premium
Metrosexuals aren't gay, well most aren't anyway, but those who are aren't real metrosexuals. I have a few friends that are like that; they're normal in every single way, except they like shoes, doing their hair and worrying about their looks just as much as my girl friend does. The ones I know can be annoying at times, but nowhere near as bad as TV portrays it.

Really though, "metrosexual" is just a new label for male vanity.

There's gotta be a fine line. I mean, I have a goatee and I have an electric trimmers to keep it evened out as well as my sideburns. Does that make me a metrosexual because I keep my facial hair from looking scrub? No, I don't think so.
:checks mirror to see any out of place hairs:
Oh yeah, still good :rolleyes:

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
ChilianFuckFace said:
I haven't done anything different. But I'm seeing a LOT more metrosexuals in the middle schools and high schools.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Metrosexual, by definition, means a straight male who is overly concerned (to the point of overt femininity) about their appearance.

:thumbsdn: to this thread.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Metrosexual, by definition, means a straight male who is overly concerned (to the point of overt femininity) about their appearance.
this by implication makes him a fag.

jamesp

In Memory...
junglizm said:
Metrosexuals aren't gay, well most aren't anyway, but those who are aren't real metrosexuals. I have a few friends that are like that; they're normal in every single way, except they like shoes, doing their hair and worrying about their looks just as much as my girl friend does. The ones I know can be annoying at times, but nowhere near as bad as TV portrays it.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Though I must admit that I do enjoy getting a haircut, buying shoes, and buying clothes. It really is categorizing male vanity. Maybe because all the dumbfucks out there would be gay bashing the wrong sexual demographic.

EDIT: Though I fail to see how this is an Issue. Would a Mod please relocate it to the appropriate place.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Is this to do with that program "quier eye for a straigh guy"?

I know quite a few vain guys who spend hours getting their hair right with whole scored of gels and what not. Keep your hair short so you dont have to fuck about with it, that's my way.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
junglizm said:

yeah, you have them as friends..I have one as a boyfriend..and I'm not lying when I say he spends more money on haircuts/shoes/clothes than me(okay his mom still pays for the haircuts but STILL) and he spends more time infront of the mirror than I do.. :flamed:

wilko125

Rep My Post
tell u what i hate... is metrosexuals that are in denial about being metrosexual, SO IRRITATING.

friend of mine said:
Oh buts normal to exfoliate and moisturize your skin, and to pluck your eye brows and nose hairs...

R

RedOctober

Adjusted this old hit a bit: :p

Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony
Stuck a feather in his ass
And called it macaroni.

Yankee Doodle, keep it up
Yankee Doodle metrosexual
Mind the music and the step
And with the girls be sensual.

-----
Dandy=metrosexual

-----
FYI
In the Netherlands it is told that it is a song to ridiculize
the dandy like behaviour of British young men that
needed to marry a rich girl to keep up their luxurous life.

"To stuck a feather in one's ass" is a Dutch somewhat vulgar way of saying someone gets
a compliment that he doesn't deserve.
But there are other explanations of course.. ;)

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
how i love metrosexuals, then again i am vain so what do you expect? no, not gay just abnormally pretty. remember sensitivity, emotions, and PMS-ing is still all ours gurls, once a guy gets those i may start to wonder no matter what label you stick on him!

Maybe a 'metrosexual' is a man who loves women so much, he wants to be one! He wants to be pretty lesbian who doesn't need a strap-on.

sounheardof

shady shyt pisses me off
there are more important things in life than spending all your time wondering if people are metro/gay/straight... but to answer the question, no, i dont think that metrosexuals are gays in denial.