WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Mexicans in the work place

Werd. People have no clue. I love how the people that generally bitch about "foreigners" are the same assholes that the rest of us try to avoid at work, school, family reunions, the movies, wherever. The assumption that people will be sympathetic to his position, is troubling. I mean, I'm all for fighting "outsourcing," but there's a big difference between a software engineer losing his job to a company in India, than a redneck working graveyard at the mill, making less money than his latino supervisor.

Historically, don't Mexicans make less than most other minority groups? What the hell kinda job are you doing to make less than the Mexicans, sport? Don't get me wrong - in no way am I condoning your post - just asking a question of our resident drop-out.

youknowthedeal said:
i make $10.00 an hour and the mexican gets $15.00 and we started 1 week apart
He's obviously a better negotiator than you. Or he has more experience, perhaps? Ever think about that? But I'm sure you'll come right back with, "no, we started at the same time, and have the same amount of experience." In which case, the joke's on you, redneck.

AgentC!

Fresh Meat
Well, maybe you shouldn't really base that about ethnicity...

Maybe they have more experience and are more qualified than you are;)

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
badassmtbiker said:
Of course not. They have you to do it for them. At $5/hr less, even. That's over $10k a year. Woohoo!!
badass the bringer of bad news STFU :mfinger: