WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Michael Jackson verdict mega thread - post all your MJ related thoughts here.

What do you think the verdict will be?

• Innocent

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Guilty

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shine

Blowing up my pants
The original time was 4:30, but it got pushed back 15 min. Guilty or innocent?

The announcement came after about 32 hours of deliberations.

The verdict will be read at 1:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. ET). The one-hour delay in delivering the verdict allows Jackson time to arrive at the Santa Maria courthouse.

He has been awaiting the verdict at his Neverland Ranch.

Earlier Monday, jurors requested the continuation of the reading of the teen accuser's lengthy testimony, sources close to the case said. The accuser was on the stand for four days in March.

The arrival of the verdict came as attorneys for media outlets, including CNN, awaited a hearing on a motion filed with the court Monday. Plaintiffs were demanding access to hearings where the court had been answering jurors' questions and requests to listen to the reading of previous testimony.

"Barring the public from these final, pivotal stages of this case is, from a constitutional standpoint, simply intolerable," the media attorneys argued in their motion.

Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville had set a hearing for Thursday on a previous request to disclose jury questions and release transcripts of hearings.

Media attorneys had been pressing the judge to move up the hearing's date, arguing that their request will be moot if the jury reaches a verdict first.

Jackson's attorneys responded with a motion opposing the media's request, arguing that providing public access to the jury's questions, and hearings related to them, "would invade the confidentiality of the jury deliberation process and would threaten Mr. Jackson's right to a fair trial."

Sources said Melville and attorneys in the case have met at least three times as jurors deliberated.
Spokeswoman dismissed

Jackson's Web site said Friday night that the singer had fired his spokeswoman, Raymone Bain, who has been with him throughout the trial.

"MJJ Productions regretfully announces the termination of Raymone Bain and Davis, Bain & Associates. We thank you for your services," said the complete text of the statement at www.mjjsource.com.

Lead defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. visited Neverland ranch Wednesday after a flap arose over who should speak for Jackson.

Mesereau received court permission to release a statement saying that he had "not authorized anyone to speak or hold press conferences on behalf of Michael Jackson or his family."

Jackson and his family posted a similar statement on his Web site.

Jackson fans and supporters have joined the media from around the world outside the Santa Maria courthouse each day for news of a verdict.

The 46-year-old pop star is facing judgment on 10 counts, stemming from events that allegedly took place with a 13-year-old boy two years ago: four counts of lewd conduct with a child younger than 14; one count of attempted lewd conduct; four counts of administering alcohol to facilitate child molestation; and one count of conspiracy to commit child abduction, false imprisonment or extortion.

Jackson has denied the charges and pleaded not guilty.

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
The thing is, he's not innocent. The verdict is not guilty, because innocent suggests he's never done anything wrong and is pure etc. Just had to point it out. I think they'll say not guilty because there's not enough strong evidence, but I'd be happy with guilty. Waiting for judge now! OOOO!!!!

Edit:
DAMNIT DAMN DAMN! I KNEW IT! This is so unfair. I wanted to see how much plastic is in his body and what's up with the whole..white thing. And also, that could only happen in an autopsy, which he'd have to be dead for. Gurr...

Jung

???
Premium
Please use the
button if you have something to add to a previous post.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
Micheal Jackson is innocent!

Innocent on all 10 counts! Wee! I won 10 bucks! And I learned his middle name: Joe. I sure am glad that I took today off work :D

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Whoop-dee-do! Maybe they can finally shut up about it.

Jung

???
Premium
tkme2thebedroom said:
How bout I do whatever the hell I want when I'm in a hurry, ok? Fuck off.
Flaming a mod outside of B&T probably isn't a good idea... There is no reason to make duplicate posts when you can use the edit button. If you can't take a simple suggestion then at least be smart enough to respect the staff members here.

I can't believe they found him innocent. :( Now come the civil charges though. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/13/jackson.trial/index.html

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I thought he was innocent personally.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Shit! The thread was moved. I never post in Issues. Junglizm might pwn me in here.

Shine

Blowing up my pants
tkme2thebedroom said:
The thing is, he's not innocent. The verdict is not guilty, because innocent suggests he's never done anything wrong and is pure etc. Just had to point it out. I think they'll say not guilty because there's not enough strong evidence, but I'd be happy with guilty. Waiting for judge now! OOOO!!!!

Edit:
DAMNIT DAMN DAMN! I KNEW IT! This is so unfair. I wanted to see how much plastic is in his body and what's up with the whole..white thing. And also, that could only happen in an autopsy, which he'd have to be dead for. Gurr...
Light a smoke and cool off, dude...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Jackson Got Off?!!?!

WTF!? I dont know if this has been posted on yet or not but i just saw it on the news. Micheal Jackson just got off! What the hell i think that guy is a fucking freak. He's publicly admitted many times that its ok to share his bed with children. He hung his kid off the damn ledge.
Wtf time to put that nut job in the little white padded room.

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
I agree, man. It's really pathetic that just because I guy's a celebrity he gets out of prison even if he rapes or is lewd with minors. I think they just didn't present enough evidence against him, but I am sad that they let him out again. Maybe after his third trial they'll send him to prison bitch camp.

Jung

???
Premium
Third thread about this... The original one was only one post below this on in the thread list, would've been the first thread when you posted this. Merging with the other two. :)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i dont know anything about the trial and about most of the details so i like to think that he is innocent because i dont know what he is and assuming he is guilty is something i dont do. im not saying that i have never made a joke about him or that i have never laughed at a joke about him, i have, but in all seriously i have to assume he is innocent. anyway i can't avoid mentioning at least one joke in this thread so here it is: this isnt my original joke btw, this is in the context of talking to a reporter who sat in on the trial.
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how old would you say michael's boyfriend is?"

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I also personally felt the guy was innocent. He's a freak to be sure, but people seem to be determined to put you in jail for being a freak nowadays. Let's face it, the guy had NO childhood, zero. Now he's got all the time and money and wants to relive it. Why do people always assume if you like children, you LIKE children? Is it that they themselves would molest children in the same situation? Is it simply adults are so fucking jaded that any other adult who would dare to associate with children must be a pedophile? Why?

He's trying to relive his childhood, and he never learned the old saying "You can never go back." He should just move on, install a bunch of cameras like in some day care centers (so they don't get charged with this shit), and try to just enjoy his life.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
JLXC said:
I also personally felt the guy was innocent. He's a freak to be sure, but people seem to be determined to put you in jail for being a freak nowadays. Let's face it, the guy had NO childhood, zero. Now he's got all the time and money and wants to relive it. Why do people always assume if you like children, you LIKE children? Is it that they themselves would molest children in the same situation? Is it simply adults are so fucking jaded that any other adult who would dare to associate with children must be a pedophile? Why?

He's trying to relive his childhood, and he never learned the old saying "You can never go back." He should just move on, install a bunch of cameras like in some day care centers (so they don't get charged with this shit), and try to just enjoy his life.
That's what pedophile's do, they make up stoies to cover their sick tracks.

Here's a tip, when a grown man wants your children in his bed - it's NOT a good thing...