WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Microsoft hires founder of Gentoo Linux

Jung

???
Premium
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/13/2137239&tid=109&tid=106
"Recently former founder of Gentoo Linux, Daniel Robbins, has managed to procure employment with Microsoft. Robbins describes his position as "helping Microsoft to understand Open Source and community-based projects." Seemingly there's no scandals as Robbins managed to finalize the transfer of all Gentoo's IP to the Gentoo Foundation, Inc."
http://www.gentoo.org/
Gentoo founder and former Gentoo Chief Architect Daniel Robbins began a new position at Microsoft on 23 May 2005. According to drobbins: "I'm helping Microsoft to understand Open Source and community-based projects." While in the midst of hastily packing to move to Redmond, drobbins nonetheless managed to find the time to finalize the transfer of Gentoo's intellectual property (essentially copyrights on ebuilds and other software as well as soon-to-be trademarked Gentoo logos) to the not-for-profit Gentoo Foundation, Inc.
Haha, Slashdot was full of open source and MS trolls on this one. I bet some fanboys are crying over this.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I guess that, that is good for Mr. Robbins. I am sure he will make more money at Microsoft than with Gentoo.

Maybe he will convince Bill Gates to go Open-Source. :lol:

Jung

???
Premium
More like Open Sores. AM I RITE?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Robbins describes his position as "helping Microsoft to understand Open Source and community-based projects."
What a tool, he actually tried to take the high road on his way to MS ... sure ... he is there to "help MS understand open-source" lol ... I'm sure it was'nt the phat fucking 6 figure salary and sweet fucking corporate benefits package.
Because we all know that MS is synonymous with open source.
You can't he mad at the guy though, thats fro sure. if I had a marketable skill worth 6 figures I would fucking chase the money also.