WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Microsoft loses key engineer to Google! (Slashdot)

If google comes out with it's own OS I will die. I can't stand Google. Yahoo! all the way.
Google will steal your soul...

Awaken said:
Err...yahoo was around before Google...

Still the same thing. Yahoo is more of an all-in-one kind of deal. Google is their search.

HavokChylde said:
Still the same thing. Yahoo is more of an all-in-one kind of deal. Google is their search.
Thus, Google is a suckass copy cat, just like everyone else in the world. Meh, I don't see what's so great about Google. But I've read lots of bad crap about it. I'll go see if I can go find some of it. I know that G-mail is supposed to be really bad.(I have an account, too :( )

Awaken said:
Thus, Google is a suckass copy cat, just like everyone else in the world. Meh, I don't see what's so great about Google. But I've read lots of bad crap about it. I'll go see if I can go find some of it. I know that G-mail is supposed to be really bad.(I have an account, too :( )
Not a copy cat.

Just simply one of the first around.

That's like saying "Crest copied Aquafresh!!".

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
Err...yahoo was around before Google...
And what does that have to do with the way they search today? Nothing.

HavokChylde said:
That's like saying "Crest copied Aquafresh!!".
....who said they didn't???

Have you read their policies though? Honestly, I recommend you Yahoo! for them and read them. Not what I'd call a good deal. Heh, while you're at it, you might as well check under "Google is evil" and "Yahoo is evil" and see which gets more results...

junglizm said:
And what does that have to do with the way they search today? Nothing.
Do you know that? Do you know exactly how it works? Hm?

Awaken said:

Heh, while you're at it, you might as well check under "Google is evil" and "Yahoo is evil" and see which gets more results...
Cool, I'll tell you what I get after I google it. :thumbsup:

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Awaken said:

Have you read their policies though? Honestly, I recommend you Yahoo! for them and read them. Not what I'd call a good deal. Heh, while you're at it, you might as well check under "Google is evil" and "Yahoo is evil" and see which gets more results...

Excellent start here at WTF. Provoking the moderators. You'll go far, young'un.
Far, Far Down. :p

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
Why are all you teenagers such ignorant trolls in this forum?

The question is, do you? I know what I've read.

Awaken said:
There were many search engines around before Yahoo, I'm sure that just slipped your mind though. I don't see what's so bad about Google, maybe some anti-Google fan boy's conspiracy theory. Seriously, lets make up conspiracy theories about free email/search/map/etc technology. OMG they have my personal emails sotred on their servers, and they can (possibly) tell what I googled. :rolleyes:

HavokChylde said:
Cool, I'll tell you what I get after I google it. :thumbsup:
:rofl: ...haha. I really don't care what search engine other people use, but heck, might as well do my part to save the world from being invaded by google...

junglizm said:
I'm right, yada, yada, yada, and you are a troll.

Pretty much what he said.

(Sorry Jung, just saving some space.)

switch_scribe said:
Excellent start here at WTF. Provoking the moderators. You'll go far, young'un.
Far, Far Down. :p
Well, if he/she has taken offense then...well, I guess I'm sorry. I don't see how I provoked junglizm... I'm simply asking a question. Unfortunately, the only thing I'm good at is being an asshole... :(

The question is, do you? I know what I've read.
Nope, I have no idea.

Why are all you teenagers such ignorant trolls in this forum?
Answer is simple. We're ignorant teenagers.

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
Well, if he/she has taken offense then...well, I guess I'm sorry. I don't see how I provoked junglizm... I'm simply asking a question. Unfortunately, the only thing I'm good at is being an asshole... :(
Nope, I have no idea.
Answer is simple. We're ignorant teenagers.
You didn't provoke me, I'm fairly lenient in this forum; it wouldn't be a decent computer forum without a little flaming. ;)

My point being, all the younger members seem to troll this forum a lot. I really don't know why, I guess they figure since they know how to use the internet they know everything.

If you're going to post here, at least try to add something worth while to the conversation. "OMG Goolge is evil" isn't worth while.

Meh. Sorry about that. Not that the original post contained much in itself besides a link. Well, I'm a n00b teenager, what do you expect? Heh...

Oh come on! What happened to the :bonk: and the :argue: ?

Now all I see is :kcheek: .

HavokChylde said:
Oh come on! What happened to the :bonk: and the :argue: ?

Now all I see is :kcheek: .
Well, it was all accidental :bonk: so...want a cookie? :cookie:

But, yeah. I do believe that in Google's policies they state that they have the right to claim ownership over anything in your e-mail. I may need to check that again, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.