WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Military Tanks patrol Los Angeles!

Jung

???
Premium
Link: http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/11/1540230 (bottom of page)
video: http://la.indymedia.org/uploads/tanks-on-la-streets.mov
Military Tanks Patrol Anti-War Protest in Los Angeles
And in Los Angeles, anti-war protesters there have expressed shock after two military tanks appeared at a small anti-war demonstration Tuesday night. [See Video Shot by LA Indymedia] The tanks drove by the protesters, went around the block and then stopped directly next to the scene of the protest in front of the Westwood Federal Building. The Los Angles Police Department claimed the tanks belonged to the National Guard and just happened to be driving by the scene of the protest. The National Guard denied the tanks were theirs but said they might have been Marine tanks. Earlier this week, the Washington Post reported that as many as 4,000 combat troops may be deployed to the streets of Washington during the inauguration of President Bush in January.

leading up to a U.S. T-square? This shit is disturbing to say the least; it sounds like the beginning of the formation of a Police State.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Grumpy Old Man said:
Depends on your point of view .

My town makes the tanks . ;)
Do you think they were making the tanks at the small anti-war demonstration? Dumbass.

It's called intimidation, look it up...

voiceofreason said:
Do you think they were making the tanks at the small anti-war demonstration? Dumbass.

It's called intimidation, look it up...

(Note to myself )

Sarcasm flys above the heads of some .

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Grumpy Old Man said:
(Note to myself )

Sarcasm flys above the heads of some .
You can't be a right-wing nut job in every thread here, and then think people are going to "suddenly" understand your sarcasm...

voiceofreason said:
You can't be a right-wing nut job in every thread here, and then think people are going to "suddenly" understand your sarcasm...

What makes me a right wing nut job ?

The fact that I live in a town that makes tanks , or the fact that I'm not all shook up because a couple tanks drove by a gathering of crybabies ?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Grumpy Old Man said:
Depends on your point of view .

My town makes the tanks . ;)
LOL I repped you because that is funny shit.

As for the LA thing, I would say that before we all start freaking out, it was probably just driving around thing. I just drove by several army guy filled trucks today. My kid thought it was the coolest thing it the world. They were driving right down a street where there are several mid eastern ethnic run businesses.

dustinzgirl said:
LOL I repped you because that is funny shit.

As for the LA thing, I would say that before we all start freaking out, it was probably just driving around thing. I just drove by several army guy filled trucks today. My kid thought it was the coolest thing it the world. They were driving right down a street where there are several mid eastern ethnic run businesses.

Well thanks for the play lady .As far as your post........it's made me hungry for curried goat . :mischief:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Grumpy Old Man said:
What makes me a right wing nut job ?

The fact that I live in a town that makes tanks , or the fact that I'm not all shook up because a couple tanks drove by a gathering of crybabies ?
Pay attention, as I said you are "a right-wing nut job in every thread here".

I'm sure you would enjoy living in a Police State where it was illegal to peacefully demonstrate, but this is still the United States. Or at least it is for the moment...

voiceofreason said:
Pay attention, as I said you are "a right-wing nut job in every thread here".

I'm sure you would enjoy living in a Police State where it was illegal to peacefully demonstrate, but this is still the United States. Or at least it is for the moment...

Sonny.......you need to take a deep breath . You're seeing baby Hitlers running around all over . And that my young friend is far more dangerous than the ravings of an grumpy old man .

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
well... as a former Army Tanker.... I can assure you that that wasn't a tank... that appears to be a Marine LAV-25...

Lav-25

M1A2 Tank...

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
well as a former arab i can tell you...curried goat tastes like ass

Jung

???
Premium
DanGeo23 said:
well... as a former Army Tanker.... I can assure you that that wasn't a tank... that appears to be a Marine LAV-25...

Lav-25 LAV-25-t.jpeg
M1A2 Tank... m1a2.jpg
Technicalities, the scare tactics are still despicable.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
DanGeo23 said:

Lav-25

M1A2 Tank...
I want one! That is soo going on my christmass list!
:thumbsup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
bigck3000 said:
well as a former arab i can tell you...curried goat tastes like ass
Ahh, but does curried ass taste like goat?

And yes that is a LAV-25 (Light armored vehicle) not a tank.

Perhaps intimidating all the same to protesters. Yes it's a bit overboard.
This just drives home the point of the times we live in. Where we have an administration, that is so afraid of opposition that they attempt to squash any form of free speach that isn't sympathetic to their view-point.

It's sad really.

junglizm said:
Technicalities, the scare tactics are still despicable.

So are burning buildings with people in them . So are unruley mobs .

Pick your posion

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
DanGeo23 said:

Lav-25

M1A2 Tank...
Holy shit, I think I've seen those in Command&Conquer

;)

Jung

???
Premium
Grumpy Old Man said:
So are burning buildings with people in them . So are unruley mobs .

Pick your posion
I would assume that your first refrence wasn't created by Americans, forced upon Americans. The second, well they make tear gas and other "riot" control devices. I'd hardly say, from wht I've read/seen, that this was a "riot" or unruly mob.