WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Million Dollar Homepage

void

Banned - What an Asshat!

Jung

???
Premium
and the weirdest thing? people are buying them.. 7100 sold.. 992 900 remaining..
It's actually a pretty ingenious idea. Because of posts like this, that site will soon become something of the popularity of eBaums world or the like; people will IM and email it to friends, and post it on blogs and forums. The more links get posted the higher his page rank gets, as well as the more exposure he, and the sites linked, get. I didn't check his PR, but when it reaches 6 or 7 (if it hasn’t already) he'll stand to make a killing selling traditional ad space. And of course all this means good marketing for the sites who purchase space.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
It's actually a pretty ingenious idea. Because of posts like this, that site will soon become something of the popularity of eBaums world or the like; people will IM and email it to friends, and post it on blogs and forums. The more links get posted the higher his page rank gets, as well as the more exposure he, and the sites linked, get. I didn't check his PR, but when it reaches 6 or 7 (if it hasn’t already) he'll stand to make a killing selling traditional ad space. And of course all this means good marketing for the sites who purchase space.
yeah, i found him on blogdex.net so he's already making it to the overground as far as i'm concerned, you don't get on there unless you are a 'buzz'..

Iron Newt

Banned - What an Asshat!
holy shit, it's really quite enginous (idk how to spell that). If this guy makes even one or two of these sites, he will never have to do real work again, and the only investment he'll have to make into capital is on servers. nice.

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, people will post about it to say "Hey look at this crazy site, and look at these idiots buying pixels." But it obviously works; I clicked on a few of the "pixlel" just out of curiosity.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Yeah, people will post about it to say "Hey look at this crazy site, and look at these idiots buying pixels."

hmm.. so i should get business cards made saying..
'Million Dollar Website - Marketing Executive.'

Jung

???
Premium
Send him a bill for your post. :thumbsup:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
thats fuct... good stuff..

holy shit .. so minimum purchase is $100 - and the largest so far was some guy who paid for [ ] much space for $900 ... ridiculous.