WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Mis-direction

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I think its odd that people are so preoccupied with why the war started and they arent concerned with why we are still there...supposedly they have their own government, and will be prepared for elections in January. We arent helping to rebuild all the shit we blew up, so why do we continue to stay? If your answer is oil, then i have to pose another question, why the hell are we paying two bucks a gallon (or more)? so if the oil is coming in cheap (because we are in control of their oil), and we are paying record prices, where is the money going, and for what? the deficit is the worst its ever been and they dont have a plan for making it better. if this is a little rambling, its because i'm incredibly confused about the whole thing. so please someone with some sense....soapbox it.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
And if it is $2.00 + a gallon for gas because of the Iraq situation, why are the oil companies making record profits at this time? Gas in my area is currently $2.33 for premium BTW.

tzedek

Original Member
bigck3000 said:
If your answer is oil, then i have to pose another question, why the hell are we paying two bucks a gallon (or more)? so if the oil is coming in cheap (because we are in control of their oil), and we are paying record prices, where is the money going, and for what?
we arent paying $2 or more per gallon of oil as you suggest. Oil prices are about $54 per barrel and a barrel is 42 gallons so actually we are paying about $1.30 per gallon.
:D

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tzedek said:
we arent paying $2 or more per gallon of oil as you suggest. Oil prices are about $54 per barrel and a barrel is 42 gallons so actually we are paying about $1.30 per gallon.
:D
I thought she was talking about "$2.00 or more" for Gas. But I could be mistaken.
Instead of speculating, I'll let BChk3k clarify that herself.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
The reason why there's such a need for troops to occupy Iraq now is because the coalition, what the hell, because the US didn't send enough troops in the first place. Right now, the troops are fighting Saddam Husain's sypathizers that waited for the initial fighting to end before they made their strike. What they are doing is much like what the American colonists did when Brittish troops invaded. Now in no way am I saying that what they are doing is right. I don't think that people who benefit from a dictatorship being in power are very good people.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
MaxPower said:
I thought she was talking about "$2.00 or more" for Gas. But I could be mistaken.
Instead of speculating, I'll let BChk3k clarify that herself.
do i come off as a female?....guess i'll have to butch up my posts from now on. any ways, i meant gas not oil, but i hear almost everyday that another record was broken for oil prices, and i'm paying at least 2.25/gal.
and to reimeishin, i'm asking why there is a military presence there at all. supposedly the work is done. are we just there for spite now?

anti-movielife

self medicated
the answer is obvious...you guys are there because ur president told you too...and know one gave a second thought about it...not even ur congress, which is in ur constitution the only political body that can declare war...but wait...the u.s. hasn't "officially" been at war since WW2...so wrap ur noodle around that one boys...