WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Miss-Quoted

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
(The object of war is not to die for ur country but to make the other bastard die for his." - orcpac

Umm that is a misquote

General Patton said that in his speech to his beloved 3rd army and the true quote goes like this:

"No one wins a war by dieing for their country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Bravo, you've found one of the all-too-numerous misquotes on WTF.com.

C:/Windows/Temp/Cookies. Have a cookie.

What an exciting thread.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
NoSubstance said:
Bravo, you've found one of the all-too-numerous misquotes on WTF.com.

C:/Windows/Temp/Cookies. Have a cookie.

What an exciting thread.
Fuck off....

Lol

it was exciting to me :)

magnolia

Postaholic
yep. and i don't know where it is, but somewhere on here it says "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind" well, the author is wrong. It was said by confucius.

shep

Local alcoholic
magnolia said:
yep. and i don't know where it is, but somewhere on here it says "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind" well, the author is wrong. It was said by confucius.
Confusious was a smart man :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
"No one wins a war by dieing for their country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
The correct quote, as seen above, is in Call of Duty. It shows "random" quotes when loading maps, that's one of the more heavily rotated ones.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
The correct quote, as seen above, is in Call of Duty. It shows "random" quotes when loading maps, that's one of the more heavily rotated ones.
Don't think I played call of duty.

Might of but not sure..

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
"Baseball is wrong. Man with 4 balls cannot walk." -Confusious
Not exactly true, he could walk, but he'd walk like a penguin. :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Well, my favorite mis-quote is a horribly mangled version of The Smashing Pumpkin's "Everlasting Gaze".

I think it was posted by VampireChick, which made me want to projectile vomit.

magnolia

Postaholic
haha. i think most of the quotes are mis-quotes. I think they're funny, but i don't put too much into their validity.