WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Missing police record

ThisIsBananas

Model Ninja!
Premium
Back in 2010, I was pulled over for speeding and ticketed. Recently I've looked at the public records online for it, and it seems to be missing. Do non serious driving offensives get removed after some time? I keep seeing on the internet that non serious traffic offenses are recorded forever, but mine is missing. Other people's non serious driving offenses show up, but not mine.

At the scene of the crime, the cop told me the ticket was $200, but when I went to pay, it was only $150. Shit, maybe the cop was a dumbass and misreported it.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
The easiest solution would be for you to speed until an officer of the law pulls you over again, and then ask how long the ticket(s) stay on your record. This way you won't even have to make a phone call to the local cop shop. Heck, you probably won't even have to exit your vehicle unless you drive at douche speeds.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
None, most are over 200 lbs.

Crazizniac

Particinator
It’s quite possible that I don’t have a solid grasp on the concept of “light years” and I may have been referring to “light beers”.