WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Mom thinks shes 20

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
Sometimes I wonder what the hell my mom is thinking.
It all started after my parents got a divorce. Mom is suddenly not my mom but a best friend. She goes out, she starts getting her nails done, she starts tanning, she starts dying her hair platinum blonde and wearing mini skirts shorter than any I would ever wear. She got a boob job and now she starves herself to be model thin. Last week she got her bellybutton pierced.
I'm sure a face lift is next...
I am so glad not to be living with her anymore but holy shit she drives me crazy. She is so jealous of my sister and I because we are still young- I can't help it that I'm younger than her and I wish she would stop putting us down because she can't be like that anymore. I am extremely athletic so I am fairly built and I am proud of my body and everything I have worked for- i look just fine. My mother doesn't seem to think so, when I was 15 she took me to a doctor to see if there was something wrong with my thyroid or if I could get diet pills because I wasn't losing weight even though I ran 2 miles every day, played both lacrosse and volleyball, and ate occording to her fucking diet plan. The doctor suggested I take antidepressants- he knew I wasn't fat and that my mom and I were crazy for thinking I was. I have about 25% body fat and if I go much less I won't have any boobs.
My sister lived with her throughout her whole childhood and so she will never think her body is OK. She has a beautiful body- girls check her out in the locker room because of it whether they are gay or not. But she was brought up thinking that she was fat and won't show any of her body. It makes me sick to know that it was my mom's influence that did that.
My mom told me point blank that she starves herself- she's one of those people that you are scared to hug because they are so thin and fragile you think you will break them.
I left, I got counseling, I still work out but it's because it makes me feel good not to look good to other people. Kickboxing is my favorite because for some reason i tend to be an angry person. I look great, amazing sexy, whatever. Then, i got a call from my mom. when i hang up, i think i'm fat again- she is the only one that can do that to me.
My sister and I are going to see her next week- I don't know what I'm going to do if she brings up my weight again- or my poor sister's.

BakEd13

4:20 Celebrater
I know what you should do if she brings up your weight.. KNOCK HER FUCKING TEETH OUT.. Nobody deserves the torture you have been through.. Your mom needs to get serious help before she wakes up dead.. Or before one of her daughters kills her.. Cya on CNN.

yotaka

Clitpickle
I know how you feel... But eventually it gets better and you'll have your own life and what she has to say about you will no longer effect you as it once did. I know this because my sister went through something similar with my mom. Eventually though, somehow, I was able to knock some sense into my mom after many years of saying the same thing (about 6).

I told her that it's my sister's life and no matter what she thinks about my sister it won't change anything because she is going to do what she wants to do in life. For you, your mom thinks your fat. So even if you're not fat, the next time she makes a comment about it to you, you should probably look her straight in the eye and say something like this to her,

"Fine, I'm fat. But I don't care. It's my life mom, and my body, it's not yours. But truthfully I don't think I'm fat, I know your just jealous. You had your time to be young, but it's not anymore and it's my time now. I know the only reason you're saying this to me is because I am young, and you know that I'm not fat, and I remind you can't undo the past." say whatever else you want, maybe bring up the divorce if you think that has anything to do with the the situation, and just go on with your life. Sometimes it's better just to get things out in the open. It makes you feel better. Eventually, she will understand. The only way she would not eventually understand is if your mother is truelly mentally ill. Then I think your mother will need even more help. But I don't think that's the case here. Anyway, I hope what I've said helps. Good luck to you and your sister.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
i smell midlife crisis...how old is she? ...it seems to me that she wants to live the life she never could at your age...throught you and your sister....for that tell her to chill the fuck out...that she is making your life miserable....ask her if thats what she wants?? ask her if she wants her daughters to resent her forever..for making them feel like crap....if that doesnt change her..or at least make her think about it...she seriously needs help....nothing mr. hannibal lecter cant fix? about your sister do you have any pics?? heeh..jk...but seriously dont feel bad about yourself...you seem to have a good head on your shoulders...remember that no one can make you feel bad about anything without your consent...

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
mariusthegreat said:
i smell midlife crisis...how old is she? ...
she is 52

[/QUOTE]remember that no one can make you feel bad about anything without your consent[/QUOTE]
I read that in the "7 habits.." but it seems like those rules don't apply with my mother. I wouldn't give a shit if someone at school or something said that (I'd rather have them do it than my mom b/c then I could knock them out and not feel bad about it- problem solved) but with my mom it is different. There was a time when she was healthy and I thought the world of her and her opinion- she's mutated into this and I am just still trying to get used to the idea that the things she says are coming from an unstable brain. N E way, I'll keep you guys posted about what happens next week. I'll be able to handle myself if she calls me fat but if she says something to my sister i'll have to take action.

Reqium

Tenderony
If you live in the states, try and sue her for something. Im sure you'll get away with it. Look at the McDonald's lady.

damn ur moms messed up! has she ever been to a shrink or nutritionist? seriously thats messed up. try not to let her have control of the image of u seeing urself as. good luck

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeh, there's this lady at my local gym, she's in her mid-60's and there at least 3 hours a day. She must weigh less than 100 pounds...

I saw her once working out, and her kid or nephew or gandson (or something) who was like 8 had to sit and watch her...

I asked the person at the counter how long she'd been there, he said "All day."

Your mom (and the lady I spoke of) needs to get her priorities straight.

That being said, beat her punk ass down. :thumbsup:

Cutter

College Punk
Psycho bitch, control freak, scarey ass mom. i have to love my mom but doses'nt mean i dont like her

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
update

the weekend wasn't too bad, my mom mostly made comments on her own weight. we went to some mexican food restaurant in houston. we all chowed down and she only had like a potato and when we left she was like: "i feel so fat, i probably ate more than all of you and i'm the one trying to watch my weight." I was just like "yeah you probably did, you're going to hell now". I wonder why she still talks to me... well she was drunk the whole time so I"ll have to keep that in mind for the next time that I see her.
MOm: "OHH i'm just so fat..."
ME: "HEre mom, have another daqueri- on me ;) ."

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yes. Getting people drunk is a plus.

I know I'm only 14, but I like drinking. Not getting drunk, but getting buzzed. For some reason, I'm a lot funnier when I'm drinking.

Wow. Now that makes me sound like an alchoholic :thumbsup:

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
NoSubstance said:
Yes. Getting people drunk is a plus.
I know I'm only 14... an alchoholic :thumbsup:
for a 14 y/o...yeah...
jk mate....i started when i was 12...

no no really...just kidding...but yeah..take it easy on the booze...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I haven't had a sip to drink in months upon months.

Typically, I don't touch the stuff... my family has an extremely high rate of alchoholism, so I know that I'm probably genetically pre-disposed to it. That and every other addiction under the sun...

My family consists of addicts. There isn't a single one who isn't addicted to something... painkillers, heroin, nicotine, and the all-time favorite, alchohol.

I'll probably be addicted to something before I'm 16 :thumbsup:

phil

Clitpickle
deus_ex_machina said:
i knew someone would do that.....*sigh*
haha sorry, it was on trisha a few days ago anyway, (english black woman version of jerry springer) and i thought i'd make it universal.

phil said:
haha sorry, it was on trisha a few days ago anyway, (english black woman version of jerry springer) and i thought i'd make it universal.
hmmm....ok....go right ahead