WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

moms dont mix with tech.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I really hate it when people who dont understand a THING about computers or technology try using it. It drives me nuts. I was trying to make myself some lunch and my mother was asking me so many frigging questions that it got me so sidetracked that i burned myself from boiling water. Then when i snapped back at my mom for sidetracking me i got yelled at for not comming over and helping her with the frigging computer!

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
yeah thats why my mom doesnt use a comp.

Reqium

Tenderony
The greatest thing is you show them how to do what they're asking 15 thousand times. Yet they can't seem to fucken remember what the hell you told them 5 minutes ago. But you fuck up on something and they never fucken forget. They use that shit against you forever.

swizeguy said:
I really hate it when people who dont understand a THING about computers or technology try using it. It drives me nuts. I was trying to make myself some lunch and my mother was asking me so many frigging questions that it got me so sidetracked that i burned myself from boiling water. Then when i snapped back at my mom for sidetracking me i got yelled at for not comming over and helping her with the frigging computer!
Make your mom go to Bill Gates he has all the answers lol. Well my mom does the same EXACT thing she knows a little about computers she wont let me help her and crap. That is why i am giving her my old computer and getting a new one thanks to her this computer has viruses.

SpIkEyOaSs

Banned - What an Asshat!
teach them to use it and make them wat6ch thats what i did, but my dad still tells me to open up a website when im all the way downstairs and he is next to a computer :confused: but as long as they type and u keep them away from complicated shit like every program except Word yer all good!

well guys, i actually cant feel 4 u their, i have a Dad who works for HP and knows fuckin everything bout computers, lol, the sad thing is, its just me n him in the house, if nething goes wrong.. he tends too know its me.. or my friends, but i still get the blame :mad: :mad:

magnolia

Postaholic
VelazZ said:
my mum and dad both suck at computers.
So do mine and everyone in my family. So when anything goes wrong, even though I just barely know enough myself to get along, they call me in. Sad part is, my uncles build computers in their spare time.

Peh. My mom has a good paying job working with computers. It's me asking her all the questions, so I guess I'm lucky. Getting asked questions sucks.

SpIkEyOaSs

Banned - What an Asshat!
SpIkEyOaSs said:
teach them to use it and make them wat6ch thats what i did, but my dad still tells me to open up a website when im all the way downstairs and he is next to a computer :confused: but as long as they type and u keep them away from complicated shit like every program except Word yer all good!
same here accept its my brother that knows bout computers. We get problems with my comp and its always blamed on me no matter what the cause. They always say its Dave messin with the comp and ruining it and my parents belive them and im grounded from the comp or i just cant do much on it. it pisses me off i just wanna shoot them :gun:

hmm, u probably shouldnt shoot em mate, it may sound like a good plan.. but really.. u might miss them.lol.Yea, my family r the same.. my brother n my Dad both know 2 bloody much bout pc's.. so i allways get the blame, whatever happens.. ARG.. i might just stab em both.. but not kill em.. :sword: :sword:

Psylo

G's-up

Postaholic
IM a mom and I know about computers.......I worked for a couple of big computer companies doing tech support and I have to tell ya its not just "moms" that dont know shit about computers I have had my fair share of moronic "dads" that think they knew shit but actually didnt and got pissed because they had a "mom" on the other end telling them how to fix their problems....LOL.... :)

ohh... youre an evil mother..lol, do u blame youre children for nething that ever goes wrong?..lol (It isnt allways our fault.. honest) lol
I admit it.. most dads dont have a clue an pretend they do

Psylo

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Psylo said:
ohh... youre an evil mother..lol, do u blame youre children for nething that ever goes wrong?..lol (It isnt allways our fault.. honest) lol

Psylo
well g-string im shure knowes what she is talkin about, but if she has any questions she will ask her hubby

G's-up

Postaholic
Psylo said:

Psylo
Yes, I am an evil mother bow to me before I rip your throat out and eat it with some fava beans....LOL....My kids arent old enough just yet to try and blame them for everything....I hope someday soon they will be though ..I need an escape goat....thats what kids are for..that and getting my drinks and the remote...ROFL......

G's-up

Postaholic
youknowthedeal said:
well g-string im shure knowes what she is talkin about, but if she has any questions she will ask her hubby
PSH! He askes me questions....."OH G-string Please help me I dont know how to solve this problem"....ROFL....ok (im just kidding honey)....*huddles in the corner scared*... :)

ohh... u evil mother.. but i admit it.. it seems thats y i was born.. lol, jk jk

And yes.. when i have kids, thats gunna b their main task.. that n get a job n but me food

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Ohh well.. I think it doesnt have to be parents to not know anything about computers but i just have a problem with my mom. My dad knows how to get around on a computer but still tends to ask me when he needs help but then for some reason blames me when something goes wrong with the computer even tho i have built my own so i dont have to use his and get blamed for it... jeez

Maximvs

Vescere bracis meis!
magnolia said:
So do mine and everyone in my family. So when anything goes wrong, even though I just barely know enough myself to get along, they call me in. Sad part is, my uncles build computers in their spare time.
well my mom isn,t very good with computers either, but she don't wan't to use them. But my father is okay with computers, knows microsoft office from the inside out, and has a logical sense, and he want's to learn. But te thing is, when i'm trying to teach him something, i often know a quick shortcut, but he allways says,: "When i'm using a computer i think like the file tree in explorer, so you have to explain it that way." For example, let's say he want's too change the desktop wallpaper i would just right klick on the desktop en click properties, but he has to go to start menu, controllpanel and disply witch tkes a lot longer time. :censored: But that'sjust the way he is, and nothing is going to change that