WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Moms suck.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
250
0
0
#1
It's an absolute shame that God designed the woman with neat aerodynamic curves and yet forgot to give her a brain.

Mom. 1:30 PM. She calls me to the garage, saying she wants to test some lightbulbs outside because they trip the breaker. I go outside, pour some water onto the outdoor bulb emplacement (since they go out while it's raining) and mom flips the switch. Braker jumps. So we take off the bulb and we then need to let it dry before we do any further testing.

Then mom figures that since we're in the garage and in the process of moving, that maybe we ought to empty that shelf over there...

And there...

And there...

...And there...

...And there...

At 3:30 PM, she wipes her forehead, declared a job well done, and says that she'll go take a little swim to cool off. Then she sees something else and starts packing it.

And another.

And another.

And another.

And anofuckingother...

So the short BRB that I left on my Yahoo convo with a friend turned out to last 3 hours.

That's always been the problem with my fucking mom. I never see the end when I work with her. I help her with something that should've lasted 5 minutes, and we spent 3 fucking hours outside. She constantly forgets what tasks we need to do and gets only reminded when we're almost done. She enumerates tons of stuff to do that couldn't be possibly done in a day. She never plans, and will spend a whole fucking hour planning and measuring things on-site because she was too fucking stupid to plan ahead.

She once pulled the same damn trick on me for shopping. I needed a new floppy drive. So I head to the shop to fetch one. Mom decided to accompany me since she also had to shop for "a few things."

Entering the store, buying the drive, leaving the store: 5 minutes.

Mom: she had to shop for A FUCKING FRIDGE. Not a vegetable, not something for dinner, no! A FUCKING FRIDGE!!! Took the entire day and emptied my gas tank, because we went to 4 different shops TWICE each to compare prices, and I basically did nothing but wait for her. We came back home at 7 in the evening, after mom had decided NOT to buy a fridge from those guys after all since she didn't find them pretty enough.

And then she tells me to stop making "that face". Fuck you, bitch.

I'm glad I've asked for a lock on my bedroom door. No more barge-ins, and finally I'll have TRUE peace.
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#2
HMMMM.....I wonder how many hours she spent writhing in agony while in labor to give you life??? Of course lets not forget the 9 months of puking and bloating and physical misery she endured to even get to the however many hours it took to push a watermelon (not comparing you personally to a watermelon just trying to make a point hang with me ) out of an area not that accomodating to watermelons. I say giving poor mom a few hours out of your day and pulling you away from the computer ( Im sure they helped purchase if not your using the electricity that Im sure your not personally paying for) isnt so much to ask. Give mom a break...Im sure she gives you a lot of breaks...... :) Just for the record this isnt a flame its a MOMS POINT OF VIEW... :)
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#3
G-String said:
HMMMM.....I wonder how many hours she spent writhing in agony while in labor to give you life??? Of course lets not forget the 9 months of puking and bloating and physical misery she endured to even get to the however many hours it took to push a watermelon (not comparing you personally to a watermelon just trying to make a point hang with me ) out of an area not that accomodating to watermelons. I say giving poor mom a few hours out of your day and pulling you away from the computer ( Im sure they helped purchase if not your using the electricity that Im sure your not personally paying for) isnt so much to ask. Give mom a break...Im sure she gives you a lot of breaks...... Just for the record this isnt a flame its a MOMS POINT OF VIEW...
You just missed the point. His mom tries to get everything done at other people's expense.

The instant she starts telling you we have to do this too, just leave. Walk away, and tell her to stop taking advantage of people just to get what she needs done. She really needs to work on her ways of getting what she wants.
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#4
jstager said:
You just missed the point. His mom tries to get everything done at other people's expense.

The instant she starts telling you we have to do this too, just leave. Walk away, and tell her to stop taking advantage of people just to get what she needs done. She really needs to work on her ways of getting what she wants.
No, I didnt miss his point...GEEZ I got what he is bitching about. He is talking about his mother asking HIM to do things for her?? How is that at other peoples expense?? Maybe his expense but where do you read "other peoples expense?" Again I give a point of view from a MOMS point and yet AGAIN Im told I miss the point...LOL....Here's the deal, you are a kid that lives at home and yes parents ask for their childrens help and yes their time every now and then. Seems like a small price to pay for a roof over your head and food in your mouth and all the other amenities that come with being a kid and living at home. Not a flame and Not missing the point just AGAIN expressing another side. :)
 

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
916
0
80
#5
i agree with gstring....even tho im having problems with moms right now....:/
 

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
250
0
0
#6
I wouldn't care so much about the work - but I wish she could plan things out IN ADVANCE and let me know. This way I know how to schedule myself and when I can expect to work with her. But now... It's just that I'll get disturbed in the middle of something, or she'll say there's work to do or things to shop for but won't mention how long it'll all take (that, or she blatantly lies about the time it'll take anyways...)
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#7
My mom has little to no mechanical knowledge, and always plans physically impossible things, and then dumps them on me to figure out. I'm talking about moving a piano up stairs, about hanging curtains (big, long, heavy curtains) in plaster with finish nails, and the most frustrating part is that it never ends.

Every weekend, something that shouldn't be messed with in the first place now needs messing with. She made it so we can't use the lights of electrical sockets in our bathrooms, and then asked me to fix it (I've no idea how she did it, she was outside playing with the circuit breaker. I say playing because she was just flipping switches randomly, and there had been no electrical problems).

And worst of all, she moves everything. I'll come home, and see that the homework I left on the table has now vanished. If I ask her where, she says that it was my fault for leaving it there. What? Weren't you the one who fucking moved it? I'll walk in and my room is rearranged, even though I didn't give her any notion that I'd like it to be. I don't understand it...

Moms do suck. Too bad they're neccessary.

(Note to moms everywhere, and mine in particular: I love you. Am I off the hook now?)
 

Pachyderm

I really did.
802
0
0
#8
My mom is the exact same way. It's like they lose brain cells and critical synapses when having a child and then eduring the growing up part. My mom gets angry that I haven't cleaned my room; I leave for college in 4 days and surely will clean it by then. The only thing that is in there is an air matress and some clothes on the floor. All I have to do it pack my clothes. But she goes in while I am gone and cleans it anyway. Which is not at all bad, but she gives no warning and searches through everything..EVERYTHING. She has seen all of my personal *PERSONAL* stuff that's in boxes and I am pretty sure she stole my pot. She probably smoked it while she cleaned my room. She's a cleaning Nazi.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#9
G's-up said:
HMMMM.....I wonder how many hours she spent writhing in agony while in labor to give you life??? Of course lets not forget the 9 months of puking and bloating and physical misery she endured to even get to the however many hours it took to push a watermelon (not comparing you personally to a watermelon just trying to make a point hang with me ) out of an area not that accomodating to watermelons. I say giving poor mom a few hours out of your day and pulling you away from the computer ( Im sure they helped purchase if not your using the electricity that Im sure your not personally paying for) isnt so much to ask. Give mom a break...Im sure she gives you a lot of breaks...... :) Just for the record this isnt a flame its a MOMS POINT OF VIEW... :)
Plus, did you ever stop to think that mabye she is scatterbrained because of stress raising another life? When you give your ENTIRE BEING over to the protection and welfare of another, it is pretty hard to think clearly.

Chill out shur, it is probably just her personality.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#10
NoSubstance said:
(Note to moms everywhere, and mine in particular: I love you. Am I off the hook now?)
No you are not, and I am calling your mother.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#11
jstager said:
You just missed the point. His mom tries to get everything done at other people's expense.

The instant she starts telling you we have to do this too, just leave. Walk away, and tell her to stop taking advantage of people just to get what she needs done. She really needs to work on her ways of getting what she wants.

yeah, just like you took advantage of her when you were helpless infant. Damn I am glad that mothers dont have that attitude, the world would end. Next time you need some dinner, I hope your mom tells you to figure out how to buy it yourself. :rolleyes:
 

Infected_enigma

I pwn and you know it
231
0
0
#12
haha yeah that's a ton of bullshit. I know sometimes if I go to buy something even though it may take an hour to get there on buses and back it's faster than having my mom drive there cause she always has to do something. Or I remember when I went out (forgot wut I did but only took a few minutes) then my aunt had to go talk to the cell phone company and I waited in the car, she said it'll only take 20 minutes. well yeah 3 and a half hours later she finally comes back and i was pretty pissed by then =/
 

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
979
0
0
#13
G's-up said:
HMMMM.....I wonder how many hours she spent writhing in agony while in labor to give you life??? Of course lets not forget the 9 months of puking and bloating and physical misery she endured to even get to the however many hours it took to push a watermelon (not comparing you personally to a watermelon just trying to make a point hang with me ) out of an area not that accomodating to watermelons. I say giving poor mom a few hours out of your day and pulling you away from the computer ( Im sure they helped purchase if not your using the electricity that Im sure your not personally paying for) isnt so much to ask. Give mom a break...Im sure she gives you a lot of breaks...... :) Just for the record this isnt a flame its a MOMS POINT OF VIEW... :)
Right and she did all this because he WANTED her to...
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#14
Skitch0o0 said:
Right and she did all this because he WANTED her to...

Im beginning to think you have a crush on me there OL SKITCHEROO. :love: You are like that little kid that pulls all the girls hair and chases them on the playground. ROFL.....I wish I could say I was flattered that you seem to be following me around and posting after me with your WITTY commentary but ehhh Im not. :)
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#16
Shurikane said:
It's an absolute shame that God designed the woman with neat aerodynamic curves and yet forgot to give her a brain.

Mom. 1:30 PM. She calls me to the garage, saying she wants to test some lightbulbs outside because they trip the breaker. I go outside, pour some water onto the outdoor bulb emplacement (since they go out while it's raining) and mom flips the switch. Braker jumps. So we take off the bulb and we then need to let it dry before we do any further testing.

Then mom figures that since we're in the garage and in the process of moving, that maybe we ought to empty that shelf over there...

And there...

And there...

...And there...

...And there...

At 3:30 PM, she wipes her forehead, declared a job well done, and says that she'll go take a little swim to cool off. Then she sees something else and starts packing it.

And another.

And another.

And another.

And anofuckingother...

So the short BRB that I left on my Yahoo convo with a friend turned out to last 3 hours.

That's always been the problem with my fucking mom. I never see the end when I work with her. I help her with something that should've lasted 5 minutes, and we spent 3 fucking hours outside. She constantly forgets what tasks we need to do and gets only reminded when we're almost done. She enumerates tons of stuff to do that couldn't be possibly done in a day. She never plans, and will spend a whole fucking hour planning and measuring things on-site because she was too fucking stupid to plan ahead.

She once pulled the same damn trick on me for shopping. I needed a new floppy drive. So I head to the shop to fetch one. Mom decided to accompany me since she also had to shop for "a few things."

Entering the store, buying the drive, leaving the store: 5 minutes.

Mom: she had to shop for A FUCKING FRIDGE. Not a vegetable, not something for dinner, no! A FUCKING FRIDGE!!! Took the entire day and emptied my gas tank, because we went to 4 different shops TWICE each to compare prices, and I basically did nothing but wait for her. We came back home at 7 in the evening, after mom had decided NOT to buy a fridge from those guys after all since she didn't find them pretty enough.

And then she tells me to stop making "that face". Fuck you, bitch.

I'm glad I've asked for a lock on my bedroom door. No more barge-ins, and finally I'll have TRUE peace.
dont worry, i got a asshole father, AND a mother who does pretty much the same shit ur talking about, so i kno how u feel, yea it sux like hell... i kno.. sometimes i wonder "WHY couldnt i be born with regular parents!!, the ones that dont scream at u when u do the LITTLE bit WRONG!!... o well, im 15, im outa the house at 18... just 3 more years... i think i can keep my sanity