WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

money woes ain't nothing new

RadioactiveSmur

I talk to squirrels
If i had known in high school how poor i would be coming into college i would not have been so excited to get here. I am a junior now and since my sophmore year i have had to turn down so many fun events and live the best i can. Thank god my parents pay for my rent so I have a place to rest and sleep but unless I pick up a second job then i continue to eat poorly. Ramen noodles and bread because that's what's cheapest. It's rediculous how poor i am sometimes, but i still push on. I just get so sick and tired of these people who complain about not having money when it's because they spent it all on dvd's, cd's, or crap that they didn't need but did anyways. They have no idea what it's like to freeze quietly in your room, eating a roll for you lunch with a glass of water. I have dropped 20 lbs since i started living on my own. I had the weight to lose but i still long for the day when i don't have to track every last cent in my checking account. Come june i start a real paying internship that will pay thousands each month but untill then i wait patiently and struggle to make my way there. Being poor truly does suck and i fully realize that now.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, it seems like you hit bottom. Things can only get better from here on out. Unless your parents stop paying for your rent and someone mugs you and take the little money you do have. :thumbsup:

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
RadioactiveSmur said:
If i had known in high school how poor i would be coming into college i would not have been so excited to get here. I am a junior now and since my sophmore year i have had to turn down so many fun events and live the best i can. Thank god my parents pay for my rent so I have a place to rest and sleep but unless I pick up a second job then i continue to eat poorly. Ramen noodles and bread because that's what's cheapest. It's rediculous how poor i am sometimes, but i still push on. I just get so sick and tired of these people who complain about not having money when it's because they spent it all on dvd's, cd's, or crap that they didn't need but did anyways. They have no idea what it's like to freeze quietly in your room, eating a roll for you lunch with a glass of water. I have dropped 20 lbs since i started living on my own. I had the weight to lose but i still long for the day when i don't have to track every last cent in my checking account. Come june i start a real paying internship that will pay thousands each month but untill then i wait patiently and struggle to make my way there. Being poor truly does suck and i fully realize that now.
das wut u get 4 living in a nonexistant world where money is god

RadioactiveSmur said:
You'll be alright dude. Roman noodles suck ass tho. Just keep your head up things can only get better. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
if it makes you feel any better....I'm in exactly the same boat....I never knew how precious five dollars can be....But it can always get worse...I thought it was bad when I had to scrape coins together to take a girl out...then my car broke down...and tuition is due this friday. So i have to walk up to school and forget about getting a job until my parents can fix the car. We should start a club or something.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I hear that. A whole case of Oodles of noodles for like $3.00, BLT's are good (that's like eating salad). Get yourself some Mac and cheese, and a ham steak for like $3.00. Cook the ham steak, chop it up, mix it with the mac & cheese. You got a ham -n- cheese caserole.

Any of the above go down good with whatever beer is on sale at the local store.

You can get really creative away at school with a tight budget.

It's all about

Just wait till you get into the real world and don't have any money. You don't have it as bad as you think you do.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
RadioactiveSmur said:
*rolls eyes*

You have no idea what its like to be poor. YOur parents pay your rent. Here what you do, beg your parents for about $250 or so

Get a shot gun. Probally a shot gun cause you would have to wait till the fall for deer hunting when you would need a rifle.

Spring goose hunting season will be open. Where you can shoot snow geese. Remember Every shell counts.

Aim Fire... Kill

LOOK AT THAT.

Food. Take home clean, cook it up and eat it. Don't like wild game, tuff... Starving, poor people don't get to be picky. My ass bets that you have NO IDEA what it truly truly like to have NOTHING........

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
_Kitana_ said:
*rolls eyes*

You have no idea what its like to be poor. YOur parents pay your rent. Here what you do, beg your parents for about $250 or so

Get a shot gun. Probally a shot gun cause you would have to wait till the fall for deer hunting when you would need a rifle.

Spring goose hunting season will be open. Where you can shoot snow geese. Remember Every shell counts.

Aim Fire... Kill

LOOK AT THAT.

Food. Take home clean, cook it up and eat it. Don't like wild game, tuff... Starving, poor people don't get to be picky. My ass bets that you have NO IDEA what it truly truly like to have NOTHING........
Iraqis have nothing... Maybe he should join the army and he would see what having nothing is all about!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
*rolls eyes*

Aim Fire... Kill

LOOK AT THAT.

Not to deny you of your opinion, but I don't recall Smur saying he had nothing. He just seems to be unhappy (as I was) struggling to pay for food, and basic needs through his stay at school.

Should he be penalized, or ridiculed, because He's not completely destitute? Does someone have to be living on the streets in a cardboard box, to be unhappy with their situation?

With that philosophy in mind; one can then say that our nation's homeless has no right to complain, because we have public programs that are geared toward helping them. Homeless in some other nations do not have this option.

It also seems as though he's learned something.

Modivation, and work Ethic
RadioactiveSmur said:
Thank god my parents pay for my rent so I have a place to rest and sleep but unless I pick up a second job then i continue to eat poorly.
Micro-Financing
RadioactiveSmur said:
I just get so sick and tired of these people who complain about not having money when it's because they spent it all on dvd's, cd's, or crap that they didn't need but did anyways.
Survival
RadioactiveSmur said:
They have no idea what it's like to freeze quietly in your room, eating a roll for you lunch with a glass of water.
Patience (a virtue)
RadioactiveSmur said:
Come june i start a real paying internship that will pay thousands each month but untill then i wait patiently and struggle to make my way there.
The importance of a good education, planning for the future, and taking his destiny into his own hands.
RadioactiveSmur said:
Being poor truly does suck and i fully realize that now.
In closing, I agree that there are people far worse off than R.S. But we need to keep in mind that no matter what side of the fence you're on, or which side of the tracks you come from; Life Sucks if you let it.

RadioactiveSmur

I talk to squirrels
Thank you MaxPower. I fully realize there are people who have it worse which is why i am thankful for what i do have. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing but respect for those people out there who have it worse than i do. Struggle on and i am sure you will see better days. I by no means am saying that thing could not get any worse or anything. I just wanted to bitch because when i start thinking "hey i could live off 20 cent cornbread mix." then i just know that it's crunch time. My hat goes off to all you out there poorer or as poor as me.

ferengi

Yay fire!
I know what it's like to have to budget your money. I'm in college and living off my savings. Money is tight, but I have a couple job prospects lined up and hopefully wont have to worry about it too much longer.
My grandpa's giving me half his tax return even though I told him he didn't have to, so that'll give me a little more cash to live on. God I love my grandparents :thumbsup:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
ferengi74656 said:
God I love my grandparents :thumbsup:
I wish I was closer to my grandparents when they were alive. :(

Edit: Not for their money. They didn't have any. Just because grandparents are cool and you can learn so much from them.

ferengi

Yay fire!
ChilianFuckFace said:
I wish I was closer to my grandparents when they were alive. :(

Edit: Not for their money. They didn't have any. Just because grandparents are cool and you can learn so much from them.
My grandparents don't really have a lot of money either. I lived with them from the time I was 12 until I was 18 though, and they took care of me a hell of a lot better than my mom and stepfather ever did. I miss 'em sometimes (I moved 150 miles away), but I'm glad to know I'm making them proud by going to college.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
MaxPower said:
Not to deny you of your opinion, but I don't recall Smur saying he had nothing. He just seems to be unhappy (as I was) struggling to pay for food, and basic needs through his stay at school.

Should he be penalized, or ridiculed, because He's not completely destitute? Does someone have to be living on the streets in a cardboard box, to be unhappy with their situation?

With that philosophy in mind; one can then say that our nation's homeless has no right to complain, because we have public programs that are geared toward helping them. Homeless in some other nations do not have this option.

It also seems as though he's learned something.

Modivation, and work Ethic

Micro-Financing

Survival

Patience (a virtue)

The importance of a good education, planning for the future, and taking his destiny into his own hands.

In closing, I agree that there are people far worse off than R.S. But we need to keep in mind that no matter what side of the fence you're on, or which side of the tracks you come from; Life Sucks if you let it.
Sorry max. I grew up with nothing. I worked my ass off for anything i had and achived in high school and helped my parents pay the bills. So he crying cause he in college and eating noodles and bread and his rent is paid, and not having to worry about having no where to live. It tends to piss me off a little.

Yeah, I been down right out and broke and bitched about it, but mommy and daddy weren't sitting here sending me money or shit. I would be damned if i had to be a burden on my parents like that. I am an adult and able to work. Thats the problem to many people with their feet up and their hands out.

Pick up a second job. You can't tell me that I as a teenager was able to work 12 hours nights and go to school in the day. That a college kid can not find something of the same lines to be able to pay his OWN bills and buy fucking food