WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Moore embarrasses new CIA chief

morelos

lexicon incognito
------------
editorial notes:
from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3560484.stm
also from http://www.michaelmoore.com (you MUST see this)
and you'll probably want this from www.dictionary.com -

hearsay n.

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2. Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

end editorial notes; beginning of article follows.
-------------

US Congressman Porter Goss, nominated to be the new director of the CIA, may be talking himself out of the job, according to film-maker Michael Moore.

Moore, who directed the film Fahrenheit 9/11, has released an interview with Mr Goss in which he says he lacks the qualifications for the top spy post.

"I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified," Mr Goss told Moore's production company in March.

The White House has dismissed the interview as "ridiculous hearsay".

The interview did not make it into the final edit of the film, which criticises President George W Bush's policy on Iraq.

But following Mr Goss's nomination by the president, Moore has released the transcript and video excerpt on his website.

"I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably," Mr Goss says on the video.

"And I certainly don't have the technical skills, as my children remind me every day: 'Dad, you got to get better on your computer.'

"So, the things that you need to have, I don't have."

Bush's choice

Mr Goss, 65, is a former officer with US army intelligence and the CIA.

He represents a Florida district and has served in Congress since 1989.

Announcing the appointment on Tuesday, Mr Bush said Mr Goss was the "right man" to head the agency.

"Porter Goss is a leader with strong experience in intelligence and in fighting against terrorism," he said.

Mr Goss is due to replace former director George Tenet, who stood down, citing personal reasons, before the commission investigating the 11 September 2001 attacks issued its report.

The bi-partisan panel blamed intelligence bodies, including the CIA, for failing to predict or avert the hijackings.

---------------
editorial notes:

so, now we know bush doesn't know the definition of the word "sovereign" and the white house, as an organization, can't put its collective head together to squat out the definition of the word "hearsay."

you're all fucking fired.

~ dan ~

Pachyderm

I really did.
Figures... Who else would we have...No one that would combine with GWs IQ to make 90...That would be a whole-live regular person. Where's the fun in that?!

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Oh yea, Michael Moore is a reliable source of info :rolleyes:

Feore

love-whipped bitch
GottaHurt said:

well if the interview is on his website, it's kinda hard to argue with that. unless it was faked. ;)

morelos

lexicon incognito
gottahurt said:
Oh yea, Michael Moore is a reliable source of info
oh man, this is gonna hurt:

1) i provided a link to an interview of Porter Gross himself, in a clearly continuous piece of film, saying exactly what the bbc says.

2) how can it be hearsay if it's straight from the horse's mouth? you missed the entire -- beautiful -- irony that made it worth posting!

~ dan ~

jeff23

Fresh Meat
michael moore is a dick and that is all to it

morelos

lexicon incognito
jeff23 said:
michael moore is a dick and that is all to it
thanks for your.. uh.. 'contribution' to my thread.

?

khaos

Fresh Meat
Moore

Is there a Moore Un-American person? I think not. Moore is a the best operative the al queida have. They should pay him.

What a buffoon.

morelos

lexicon incognito
more idiocy said:
Is there a Moore Un-American person? I think not. Moore is a the best operative the al queida have. They should pay him.

What a buffoon.
how is what gwb's candidate said moore's fault for having asked the question and documented the answer?

do you people think? or does that word escape you, just like 'hearsay' and 'sovereign?'

i'm starting to understand why bush got so many votes in the first place. if there are people like this who have computers and find their way to wtf.com, there are people who have no computers and are just 100% illiterate extremes of these people.

gwb is al qaeda's most successful operative: he has gotten the entire world to hate us as much as they do.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
What Goss was saying, is that he doesn't have what it takes to be an operative in this day and age. He is more than qualified to be the Director of the CIA.

Typical Michael Moore rhetoric, takes a very factual statement, and puts into different context.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Personally, I'm going to give this guy a chance. Wasn't he a former spy? He will probobly mess up horribly, but I want to see how he does.

My ideal solution? Allow the people to elect the important positions, such as head of the FCC, the FBI, the CIA, judges, etc. Allowing the president to select the high-ranking officials enables him to get people in his back pockets. If we did that, we would probobly never have another Bush incident again. There would most likely be no more abuses of government power.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
GottaHurt said:
What Goss was saying, is that he doesn't have what it takes to be an operative in this day and age. He is more than qualified to be the Director of the CIA.

Typical Michael Moore rhetoric, takes a very factual statement, and puts into different context.
"I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified,"

Wait, so if he meant he couldn't get a field job, then why didn't he say that? Shouldn't he have said something like "I couldn't get a field job" or "I couldn't get any other job than Director" or "I am pretty much not qualified for anything they won't offer me"?

morelos

lexicon incognito
gottahurt said:
really? then why was he talking about language skills and technology?

HE'S AN OLD FUCKING MAN; WHAT POSITION DO YOU SUPPOSE HE WAS ASKED ABOUT? "hey dr. geriatric -- do you think you'd make a good international spy?"

wtf..

gottahurt said:
you have single-handedly forgiven every single "meaningless gwb character assassination" ever made. "typical michael moore rhetoric." you don't see the irony in the interview because your irony sensor is busted.

lol.

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GottaHurt said:
You are such a dumbass!

What is it that Moore has said that is untrue?

Let me guess, you come back with absolutely nothing...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GottaHurt said:

So, to be a spy you need skiils, to lead spys takes no skills. Is that right?

Do you embarass yourself everytime you open your mouth?

morelos

lexicon incognito
vor said:

Do you embarass yourself everytime you open your mouth?
no, actually in b&t he shredded the fuck out of kitana earlier and it was quite hilarious.

i think the problem is the subject matter: it's really hard to support a pro-bush opinion and not look like a queer giraffe.

~ dan ~

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
morelos said:
no, actually in b&t he shredded the fuck out of kitana earlier and it was quite hilarious.

i think the problem is the subject matter: it's really hard to support a pro-bush opinion and not look like a queer giraffe.

~ dan ~
Queer giraffe...

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
morelos said:
you have single-handedly forgiven every single "meaningless gwb character assassination" ever made.
Now that's a pretty damn bold statement to be making. How the fuck would you know? Very seldom do I even post in the political section, because it's always the same pussy ass liberals crying about the same old shit, and blaming Bush for everything. You guys are pathetic. For a math teacher, you're not too bright, you might write eloquently, but the substance of your posts shows how little you know.Remember, it's the Congress and Senate who pass legislation, not the President. So if you voted for any of the currently sitting representatives, then the onus is on you, if you didn't vote, then STFU.

morelos said:
"typical michael moore rhetoric." you don't see the irony in the interview because your irony sensor is busted.
The only thing busted is the platform that the Democratic party stands on. The have no stance on any of the issues.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
voiceofreason said:
Never said anything that even resembles that. Typical fool response, jumps right into to the middle of the rest of the herd of sheep.

It's not all about secret decoder rings there skippy. The Director of the CIA doesn't need to be a current operative in order to lead the Intel community.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
morelos said:
keyword You didn't, that's your problem.

Queer Giraffe? You're spending way too much time with your stuffed animals.