WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

More ice with that?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
5
38
#1
So, I don't know how many of y'all deal with winter weather, though I am sure it is a great majority. Here in Georgia, we don't deal with very much wintery weather at all; the very threat of snow will close all of the schools in the metro-atlanta area. However, this weekend, there was a winter storm. But not just any snow storm. This was a sleet/freezing rain mixture which caused everything to ice over. I had a half-inch layer of ice on my car. Ice Blows. And my power keeps flickering on and off. It sucks. :(
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#2
yea the Hawks were delayed for over 6 hours... tough weather in Georgia right now. I'll bet the tsunami had something to do with it. The earthquake was so huge they said it could disrupt weather patterns. It seems this winter has been real fierce so far.

That could jsut be coincidence... all i know ive been freezin my ass off since january 10th.
 

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
457
0
16
#3
Yeah here in alabama we had ice last night...it was interesting driving to movie gallery
 

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
631
0
16
#5
Well you're gonna love it here in GA...We had our first snow in like 9 years today in my lil town...and this 1/2 inch of pure white and the icesicles were awesome
 
3,050
0
0
#6
lmao well you should try living here in winter haven of british columbia, canada, we would give anything for just a half inch of snow or ice, it gets so bad some winters your car is completely barried, or black ice so bad alls you do is see cars in ditches, including the tow trucks, i'm sure for you southerners it sucks but damn just a half inch for once would be nice here. :p
 
11,049
397
382
#7
Nymphchick said:
lmao well you should try living here in winter haven of british columbia, canada, we would give anything for just a half inch of snow or ice, it gets so bad some winters your car is completely barried, or black ice so bad alls you do is see cars in ditches, including the tow trucks, i'm sure for you southerners it sucks but damn just a half inch for once would be nice here. :p
especially in vancouver.

those vancouverites don't know how to drive

no offence if you're from that area :)
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#8
Nymphchick said:
it gets so bad some winters your car is completely barried
Up here where i am (northwestern NY, think Niagara Falls area) we've just had a huge storm come by, dump about 2 and half feet of snow on the ground. I didnt move my car out of the parking lot, so now thanks to the plows its completely covered up. I have no idea where it is. :mad:
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#9
see good thing about SD is i can handle it all..

rain, sleet, snow, combo, -50 degrees, 80mph wind, 100+, tornados, hail... just about anything u toss my way. WIth no earthquakes or hurricains.

but eh, the rest can come and go

we have an inch and a half of ice here as well and MORE is on your way.
 

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
216
1
78
#11
I live in Georgia, unfortunately. F'n rednecks can't handle this kind of weather.

"OMG THRET UV THREE SECONDZ OF ICE! CLOSE ALL SKOOLS NOW"
 
11,049
397
382
#12
Lost86 said:
I live in Georgia, unfortunately. F'n rednecks can't handle this kind of weather.

"OMG THRET UV THREE SECONDZ OF ICE! CLOSE ALL SKOOLS NOW"
sounds kinda like surrey... where i spent the summer.

OMG... a snowflake just fell, I am unable to drive in this kind of weather, so we will have to shut down the schools.

not to mention it is an ASTOUNDINGLY cold -2 degrees celcius, whereas up here it only gets down to -40. no big deal.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#14
Fire_ze_Missles said:
So, I don't know how many of y'all deal with winter weather, though I am sure it is a great majority. Here in Georgia, we don't deal with very much wintery weather at all; the very threat of snow will close all of the schools in the metro-atlanta area. However, this weekend, there was a winter storm. But not just any snow storm. This was a sleet/freezing rain mixture which caused everything to ice over. I had a half-inch layer of ice on my car. Ice Blows. And my power keeps flickering on and off. It sucks. :(

Found this the other day. seems fitting!
Ice Storm!
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,828
3,339
487
#15
You can always make the best of things, getting snowed in this year.

 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#19
Do you want to know what is funny of all? For the last month, our wheather forcasters in Virginia around the Hamptonroads area call rain winter storms. What the fuck is that? How do you call rain A winter storm? Well they say that we are suppose to get rain, then turn over to freezing rain then sleet to snow then back to rain with maybe a dusting to an inch of white on the ground. But, we just got rain and they still call it a winter storm. They should not even be calling an inch of snow a winter storm, because its not. Now where I am from before I moved to Virginia, you can call snow winter storms becuase I was from CT. I think that it is just so damn funny to here "oh we have a dusting to an inch of the white stuff on the ground or it may just be rain, but we will be looking out for this winter storm as it moves through the area"...LMFAO.