WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

More money issues

magnolia

Postaholic
I just got yet another lecture today from my mom about my money. "You need to cut down on your spending." "You're a college student now with a very limited income." Bla bla bla. I know she's right, but it pisses me off when she sits down and talks to me about it. I don't sit down and give her shit about how she spends money. I hate that she gives me shit about the money I have. I'll make it. All my life it's been this way. Save for college. Save for a car. (That she wouldn't let me buy anyway.) :banghead: I don't know how to handle it anymore. I don't want her advice. What does she know about managing my finances? She ran out of money and dropped out of college before her first semester was even finished. At least I know that's not going to happen to me. It just pisses me off royally. :mad:

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Moms can be like that, as mine tried to help me with my car one time. Long story short $200 of my money and not only did that not fix my problem, i then had to replace the carb!! I love her and hate her at the same time. she has spent the last year trying to make me buy a new car for some reason, wile she is bitching bout my spending habbits. It's easer not cause i live 1000 miles away from her so i pull the "I think i know what im doing" and she will back off, but still i gess that's just a " mom looking out for her kid" kinda thing.

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
I can relate. As annoying as the parents could be, they're looking out for you on their best interest. You're their baby girl!

magnolia said:
I just got yet another lecture today from my mom about my money. "You need to cut down on your spending." "You're a college student now with a very limited income." Bla bla bla. I know she's right, but it pisses me off when she sits down and talks to me about it. I don't sit down and give her shit about how she spends money. I hate that she gives me shit about the money I have. I'll make it. All my life it's been this way. Save for college. Save for a car. (That she wouldn't let me buy anyway.) :banghead: I don't know how to handle it anymore. I don't want her advice. What does she know about managing my finances? She ran out of money and dropped out of college before her first semester was even finished. At least I know that's not going to happen to me. It just pisses me off royally. :mad:
I'm guessing, she just doesn't want what happened to her, to happen to you. I'm sure it's annoying as fuck, but at least she cares enough to lecture you. Just tune her out, nod you head and smile, or avoid her completely. If that doesn't work, sit her down, and tell her, how much it pisses you off.

Just tell her that you're almost 19, and that you're old enough to be responsible with your own spending.

With my mom, it's like "It's your money. If you run out, that's your own fault."

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Taylor_Blade said:
I'm guessing, she just doesn't want what happened to her, to happen to you. I'm sure it's annoying as fuck, but at least she cares enough to lecture you. Just tune her out, nod you head and smile, or avoid her completely. If that doesn't work, sit her down, and tell her, how much it pisses you off.
There is really nothing else to be said here.

Just be happy! You are almost leaving for college and you will never have to hear from her again, well until she calls you and bitches at you for no damm reason. But then again, you can always either hang up on her ass or just mute the phone and talk to your friends.

Do what I do. When she starts talkin tell her you have to use the bathroom or somethin and dissapeaer for a while. Usually they will give up on it by then.