WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Morgan Spurlock

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
His name should be Moron Spermlock.

So anyways, I'm watching my boy, Bill O'Reilly and he has this douchebag on, who made a documentary called "Super Size Me". A completely biased (he attended the Michael Moore School of Movie Making) account of how McDonalds is bad for you. At first I thought it was a comedy segment on the Factor to kind of lighten things up a bit, but this guy was fucking serious. He spent an entire month eating nothing but food from McDonalds, to prove that their food was unhealthy, and that McDonalds is the major reason people in America are overweight. I sat in total disbelief as this moron continued to explain that he ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there, did no excersising whatsoever (he claimed he walked 2 miles a day) and after gaining 25 pounds in 30 days, went on to blame America's obesity problems on Mickey D's, because they are the leader in their industry. He went on to say that McDonalds needs to set the standard and raise the bar in an effort to raise peoples awareness in healthy food consumption. WTF? Are you kidding me, McDonalds is a fast food restaurant!!! People are fucking fat because they have no self respect and are too fucking lazy to get off their fat asses and do something about it. Yet this moron is trying to place the blame on a national food chain. I go to Mickey D's because I want a big old fucking greasy swill burger. This guy says that Mickey D's needs to get in line and make their menu more balanced and health conscientious, and that all the other fast food restaurants would follow their lead, because they set the standard. How in the fuck is this going to curb obesity? The thing that irks me the most with our society today, is accountability. Everyone tries to place the blame for their problems on someone/something else. Take responsiblity for your actions, you're fat/obese not because of what you eat, but because you can't control the amount of fucking food you're cramming down your fucking throat, and the only excersise you're getting is from the couch to the kitchen.

tzedek

Original Member
I know, i know, "damn this is an old thread" i can hear it now. but anyway,

did anyone ever see this movie? I did and i thought it was pretty good actually. Obviously, it isnt very hard to make mcdonalds look like an evil empire, but i thought it was a decent docu. I love mcdonalds, and this movie didnt change my mind, but i think it could help some people. The facts were kind of intersting too. There are something like 88 mcdonalds on Manhattan 10 every square mile or something. anyway, anyone else see this or care at all?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
You idiots always hate anyone who proves a really good point and has a different opinion than you. Do you think McDonalds is GOOD for you? Your probably some fat bastard and you don't like how "Super Size Me" is making fun of you. He proved that Mcdonald gets you fat and fucked up, rather than michael moore's lies, as he went from 185 pounds to 210 pounds in under a month, his liver had problems and he was constantly depressed. You need to grow up and grow some balls as well if a movie pisses you off.

FuhkFace

Hoodrat
I enjoyed the movie too, and I think you missed the point man! He pretty much means ALL fast food restaurants are the problem. He's not asking them to change there menu for healthy eating, he's asking them to produce easy to read Calorie sheet or health pamphlets. And since a supersize fries carries more calories then ur recommeneded daily intake you can't tell me that this might not be the problem! But you are right, IT IS up to the person to say NO!

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
LOL anyone who thinks they could eat anything having to do with fast food for every meal for thirty days and not get fat is a meatstick. I like the idea for a documentary but I think that the outcome was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Total health is not only the things you eat but it also encompasses how much of it that you eat and how much exercise that you do a day. Sadly, in America, the status quo is eat alot of bad food and then not to do shit. What do you expect? If you eat five pounds of salad at every meal and you don't do anything, you are going to gain weight. Granted it wont be as bad as eating mickey D's every meal for a month but you WILL gain some weight.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
edub1371 said:
LOL anyone who thinks they could eat anything having to do with fast food for every meal for thirty days and not get fat is a meatstick. I like the idea for a documentary but I think that the outcome was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Total health is not only the things you eat but it also encompasses how much of it that you eat and how much exercise that you do a day. Sadly, in America, the status quo is eat alot of bad food and then not to do shit. What do you expect? If you eat five pounds of salad at every meal and you don't do anything, you are going to gain weight. Granted it wont be as bad as eating mickey D's every meal for a month but you WILL gain some weight.
But thats what a lot of people in America do today, eat bad food and don't do anything to keep them in shape.

tzedek

Original Member
I dont think his point was to show you would gain wieght from eating only mcdonalds for a month. thats a given. weight gain wasnt the only physical side effect to all this. who has actually seen the movie?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
I dont think his point was to show you would gain wieght from eating only mcdonalds for a month. thats a given. weight gain wasnt the only physical side effect to all this. who has actually seen the movie?
I've seen it many times..

Once by myself
Once with friend
Once with family
Once in Health class
Once in Nutrition class

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
The funniest thing about this thread is, when I came back into it, there was a link at the top of the page. The link said that I could earn 10-40 dollars an hour eating at McDonalds and evaluating their employees attitude.........how ironic.