WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Mos Def

I just bought this man's CD (Black on Both Sides) and I must say, it owns. Who's with me?

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
never heard it, any particular style?

Hip-hop, however he's very different from the norm. Incredible lyricist, flow, great MCing. Kinda Old-School. He was on the Chappelle show twice. That, and his new CD as I've heard has his own Rock Band in it. Very underrated.

EDIT: His pic is in my avatar.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
oh, well i dont watch tv, much less chappelle show. i guess itll have to come to illegal downloading

Download these: Hip-Hop, Mr. *****, Close Edge, Habitat. Those should give you a general idea of this man.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
My thread had exactly the same title....high five for the search feature! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Technically sarcasm, with criticism mixed in.

And my opinion ofr Mos Def will be entirely dependant on whether or not he can pull off the role of Ford PRefect in the upcomming Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie.

MagicHobo said:
Download these: Hip-Hop, Mr. ***** ... Those should give you a general idea of this man.
Yup. Now I know that he sucks. Thanks!

According to the directors. I have yet to see any of Mos Def's films. However I can assure you his music owns.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Zickddot said:
ford prefect is black?
No, he isn't. Afterall, he is related to Zaphod, which is white hippy trash at it's best. That presents a problem. You see, Disney has a stick up their ass about ethnic diversity in films and all, and they just NEED a blackman to star in the movie, in case they get called racist.

:rolleyes:

Next thing you know, they'll make a movie rendition of 'The Hobbit', starring a black guy with dwarf syndrome playing Bilbo Baggins.

Because of course, Bilbo pulled a Michael Jackson between The Hobbit and LOTR

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I don't know much about Mos Def, but he is a very good lyricist. I'd have to hear the songs though, a rapper can have all the skills with no good subject matter, and suck horribly.

Jung

???
Premium
I'm a fan of his, I listen to the 4 disc set all the time. I didn't even know this one was out yet though, thanks for the heads up.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
MagicHobo said:
Hip-hop, however he's very different from the norm. Incredible lyricist, flow, great MCing. Kinda Old-School. He was on the Chappelle show twice. That, and his new CD as I've heard has his own Rock Band in it. Very underrated.

EDIT: His pic is in my avatar.
the only rapped ive ever liked was ice cube

because he made a song with korn....thats it

junglizm said:
I'm a fan of his, I listen to the 4 disc set all the time. I didn't even know this one was out yet though, thanks for the heads up.
4-Disc Set? Link me.

Jung

???
Premium
MagicHobo said:
4-Disc Set? Link me.
I don't know where I'd link you to, but it's called "We Are Hip Hop."

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I know Junglizm has good taste in hip hop, I'll check it out.

:thumbsup: