WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Most Annoying TV Commercials

Jugular

volatile
I typed out a huge rant and then my internet screwed up when I tried to send it, so my most hated commercial is not very descriptive (due to my not wanting to type it all over again). But by all means, make yours in-depth and full detail. :thumbsup:

Mine is the Keloggs Corn Pops cereal one where theres a fake rapper showing his "bling bling" (because you know these rappers nowadays need to say "bling" and "yo" :rolleyes: ) and back up singers and his tight limosuine which is obviously cramped up like a sudan.

I almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw it with my friend, but now it just pisses me off.

I don't know what the commercial is for, but there's some annoying some in it that goes "start having a....great life."

I HATE that song. :sword:

Slacker

Postaholic
Like I said before in a different thread The Fanta song is the most annoying song ever created in this fucking world!

Jugular

volatile
"Start having a great life" is a car commercial i'm pretty sure. That one fantana lady with the big forehead is ugly and I cannot stand watching that commercial.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
I know this one's a year old, but...

I absolutey hate the one where there is a kid shopping for school supplies, and then alice cooper shows up. It makes me wanna puke.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
I think this may just be a local business, but I fucking hate the Metropolitan Mattress commercials. The latest few commercials have been the owner of the business trying to do different (boring) things like go fishing, get his car towed, or eat breakfast. Out of nowhere, some random person pops up and starts dacning around while a poorly made voice over plays their stupid jingle. "I love my Metropolitan Mattress, mattress!" In the fishing one, you see the president walk away while the scuba diver waddles behind him with her arms outstreched, in the car towing one, it's a big fat greasy guy, which would have been okay if it wasn't for the fact that he was probably the most disgusting person I've ever seen on television, and they didn't even clear the original sound, so if you listen close you can still hear his deep grumble singing the song behind the high pitched woman's voice. In the breakfast one, a waitress in one of those big froofy pink outfits walks up and asks "May I?" The owner just kind of looks at her, and she takes his spoon, breathes all over it while singing the song, then gives the same spoon back to him. Freaking horrible stuff.

billybob13 said:

I absolutey hate the one where there is a kid shopping for school supplies, and then alice cooper shows up. It makes me wanna puke.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, that's his daughter. Alice Cooper's great, though. Lately he's been doing car insurance commercials. There's nothing better than seeing Alice Cooper in a golfer's uniform getting pulled over on his golf cart and making excuses for not having insurance.

RoadRage

Flame Bait
Linksy said:
Like I said before in a different thread The Fanta song is the most annoying song ever created in this fucking world!
and what makes it worse is that fucking song plays over and over in your head long after the commercial is gone!!!

RoadRage

Flame Bait
billybob13 said:

the kid was alice cooper's - to show his more parental side in full concert make-up and attire.

Just thought of another one. The commercial for Campbell's Tomato soup with that stupid stupid song:

"Campbell's tomato soup.....possibilties!"

/me kicks TV
DIE

Mr.Happy

Go And Die
i fuckin hate those damn penis enlargent pill commercals with that dumbass bob who looks like he is on tweak and they hide subliminal messages in the commercals like when bobs neighboor is watering his lawn then bob walks by and the hose starts going limp

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Mr.Happy said:
i fuckin hate those damn penis enlargent pill commercals with that dumbass bob who looks like he is on tweak and they hide subliminal messages in the commercals like when bobs neighboor is watering his lawn then bob walks by and the hose starts going limp
those are hilarious. whoever writes them is effing great at euphemisms. "enhancement", i forget all the other ones in there. i dont really hate commercials. usually i do soemthing productive during commercials.

Jung

???
Premium
Mr.Happy said:
they hide subliminal messages in the commercals like when bobs neighboor is watering his lawn then bob walks by and the hose starts going limp
That's not exactly "subliminal." But, yeah, I hate those too.

What commercial do i hate?

That mother fucking cock-headed cocksucking crazy frog. I cant express in words how much i despise that freak of a creation.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
To be honest my family and I gave up TV because of commercials. The Sci Fi channel was more than 1/4 to 1/3 commercials, and I don't even know how much it is now, as an example. All in all, we rent movies, and watch DVD's but no regular TV for almost 2 years. It's going great. Don't miss it at all to be honest.

The line of Hardee's commercials with the guys who can't even open a twist tie or whatever, and then at the end it says, "Without us some guys would starve." I agree with my dad, then they need to! If they're that stupid they need to die and clean out that part of the gene pool.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Any male enhancement, female sexuality or summer fresh commercial.

Any fucking slutty whore commercial "Call me"

Especially the newest call commercial----for men on men action.

Marketing makes me sick.

Except Dove, they rock.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I don't watch much TV. If I am lucky I would watch 30 minutes or an hour a week. But the commercials I hate are the ones for them private schools or colleges.

They always make it seem like if you go to their college, within a few months you will have a HIGH paying job and they show people in the commercials getting new cars and houses and all that shit.

Fuck that! First off, you should study something you like, not something you think you are going to make $ on. Second, you are not going to make that much $ with only a few months in training at a shitty ass private school. Third, I hate those fucking commercials!!!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
All the unholy mother fucking McDonalds commercials! Ba da ba ba baa... I'm GO FUCK YOUR SELF! I swear I hear that fucking jingle one more time I'm going to start burning down thier resturants...

and yes the school commercials like one for ETCI or whatever the fuck, dude had a going no where life then went to this school and now he's a "Online Technical support advisor".. ok thats a fancy way of saying screen reading no nothing asshole who cant fix a computer problem to save his life.. which is a dead end job itself..

The commercials for those evil toys the Bratz dolls... ok here is a line of toys of a grouping of girls dressed and made up like whores.. not like barbie who has stylish and high fashion clothing and has always been done up like a pretty girl.. these dolls are whores.. to make it worse there trying to sell a buch of add on toys to further profit.. not just cars or playsets but even a dvd movie, and music video. As well as other related lines called Catz, where a mess of cats have been done up like whores, and bratz babies. Baby whores.

On the same note of pathetic toys, the Ever girls.. this toy talks up to the notion of expression your individuality by looking, dressing, and acting like one of 4 characters in the ever girl world. Be an Individual by acting exactly like someone else.. yeah...

and the fact that a million of my favorite songs have been obliterated by commercials.

Descent

Hella Constipated
The Dell dude, Steven, is on my shitlist. Thank God he broke a lucrative deal by smoking a reefer.

And fuck Jamster. They are absolute retards. I have yet to hear a Jamster ringtone.

Also, it is just me or does anyone else think that everything in the 21st century is crap?

It's all the same recycled bullshit. TV. Movies. Games. Music. It's all been done twenty billion fucking times over. I refuse to spend my money on a DVD box set of "TONIGHT ON FOX GENERIC XTREME AGRESSIVE EXPLOSION FILLED COP SHOW FOUR!" or my money on another "You will never understand my band's name it's an inside joke" CD, or a lackluster "upgrade" of Doom with prettier graphics, overdone gameplay and a crappy plot *COUGH*HALO*COUGH*

Now excuse me while I whip out my DVD box set of Monty Python, watch a little Harold and Maude, listen to Faith No More and play Virtua Racing Deluxe on my Sega 32X.

You know, back in the day, when stuff was fun...

Those dating service commercials that pop up in every single commercial break between 12-4 AM! Gah.

Like the one for Lavalife:

"Meet (whatever the bitches name is). She's a flight attendant, so she's always meeting new people!"

That makes no sense. If she's always meeting new people WHY WOULD SHE NEED TO USE A DATING SERVICE!!??

Stupid.