WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Mother ditches son after a tantrum over McDonalds.

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
139
127
#1
According to authorities, Lori Marie Heine abandoned her seven-year-old son by the road and drove off.
ADVERTISEMENT

Why? The boy threw a tantrum after she refused to buy two McDonald's Happy Meals that he wanted.

Authorities in Florida disagreed with Heine's parenting tactic and charged her with child abuse and neglect.

According to Zephyr Hills Police Captain Randy Delasic, the boy wandered up to a stranger at a local park at about 8:23 p.m. on July 26 and requested help locating his mother. The boy informed the man that his mother had gotten angry because he had asked for a cheeseburger Happy Meal and a Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal. She allegedly ordered him out of the car, told him that she was never coming back to pick him up and then drove away. The Good Samaritan contacted police who arrived at the park and took the boy into protective custody.

Delasic said the boy's 23-year-old sister later called police to report her brother missing and was told that he was at the station. She was also asked to bring in their mother.

At the station, Heine, who reportedly appeared intoxicated, confirmed that she argued with her son about the Happy Meals, but that she parked the car by road in order to drink some beer and had only told her son to "go away for a while." She later realized that he was missing when it started to get dark and had searched for him.

But according to Delasic, officers did not believe that Heine attempted to locate her son. When officers were called to the park they searched the area for the boy's mother, but were not been able to find her.

Heine was arrested and charged with child abuse and neglect and held on $5,000 bail. The Department of Child and Family Services placed the boy with his older sister.
She abandoned her son because he threw a tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted at McDonalds. Is McDonalds getting that important these days that kids are getting abandoned by their mom? The Problems caused by McDonald.He had asked for a cheeseburger Happy Meal and a Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal and she got angry over that and the fact that she was drunk doesn't make it any better.

Link
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#2
Drunk cunt. People like her need to be beaten and shot. What the fucdk is she doing drinking beer with her kid in the damn car anyways?????????????????????
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
139
127
#3
dustinzgirl said:
Drunk cunt. People like her need to be beaten and shot. What the fucdk is she doing drinking beer with her kid in the damn car anyways?????????????????????
Seriously, Man she left here child because he wanted a Happy meal. I thought it was suppose to make you happy? I guess he ain't so happy after all.
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
917
332
#4
Ya know, this still can't compare to the episodes of Cops where they arrest the kids. Freaking gold.
 
1,723
90
112
#5
I sorta empathize with the mother here. I despise little kids and their tantrums. But the real bastards behind all this are the fast food industry. Their agressive marketing to children has caused serious social problems, childhood obesity, for one.
This must have been a motherfucker of a tantrum to cause any mother to completely abandon her child. This kid didn't just ask for a happy meal, he fucking screamed it.
The point is that she is probably a single mother, she was obviously stressed, she may have an alcohol problem, and probably actually does love her kids very much. There are two sides to every story. She is not a "drunk cunt", she is a human being, just like you or me.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#6
Linksy said:
She abandoned her son because he threw a tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted at McDonalds. Is McDonalds getting that important these days that kids are getting abandoned by their mom? The Problems caused by McDonald.He had asked for a cheeseburger Happy Meal and a Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal and she got angry over that.

Link
Dumbass!!! Obviously the problem runs deeper!!!
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#8
canadian_pov said:
I sorta empathize with the mother here. I despise little kids and their tantrums. But the real bastards behind all this are the fast food industry. Their agressive marketing to children has caused serious social problems, childhood obesity, for one.
This must have been a motherfucker of a tantrum to cause any mother to completely abandon her child. This kid didn't just ask for a happy meal, he fucking screamed it.
The point is that she is probably a single mother, she was obviously stressed, she may have an alcohol problem, and probably actually does love her kids very much. There are two sides to every story. She is not a "drunk cunt", she is a human being, just like you or me.
Hello, she stopped the car to drink beer. Fuck.

And I happen to be a mother of five. I sympathize more than anyone. IF my kid was acting like this, which they do not, they would receive a prompt ass whooping, I would pull the car over.

You do NOT abandon a seven year old child in a park. That is just sick and wrong. She is probably mental, but that is not an excuse.

In the article she tells the cops that she was driving and pulled over to have a beer. WTF Is that?

PS: Yes being a single mom is stressfull. Been there done that. You know what, you do not leave your kid at seven years old to wander a park. Imagine how the kid felt, fuck how she felt. She has a 23 yr old daughter, so has obviously been down this path before, and should KNOW better.

Things I do not sympathize with is child abusers, molestors and killers. Fuck them all in the ass with a pineapple.
 
685
0
0
#9
Linksy said:
She abandoned her son because he threw a tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted at McDonalds. Is McDonalds getting that important these days that kids are getting abandoned by their mom? The Problems caused by McDonald.He had asked for a cheeseburger Happy Meal and a Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal and she got angry over that.
Yesh...thish washn't about zhe kidzh.....it wash about zhe beer! :friday:

LOL...this drunk bitch left her kids because she *needed* to get drunk. Granted, the kid may be an ass, but that's her fault in the first place.
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
87
142
#10
something like this happened in Virginia as well.. but it wasnt over food.. she just parked near a McDonalds and told em to get out...

as for it being the fast food industries fault.. no.. Kids throw tantrums over whatever they want.. My son went off crying and and whining over his Mac-n-cheese he wanted in outback steakhouse was made with rigatoni instead of elbows.. he wouldnt shut up so I got up, took him out of the packed resturant and sat him on a bench outside.. I sat there with him and let him cry his brains out.. then he stopped and wanted to go back inside.. i asked him if he was going to stop crying and eat.. he said no.. so i told him were staying out here till he's done crying and eats his food.. he went on for a bit longer untill he was ready and we went back in and he ate...

This kid prolly wanted a burger and nuggets and two toys.. he of course being 7 didnt think of the idea that he 1. wasnt going to be able to eat that much food, and 2. happy meals are expensive and if mom is already getting loaded while driving she aint gonna have the cash.. spent it all on the beer..
 
685
0
0
#12
You know...the other thing....
Most of us are all for disciplining our kids - at least, I would like to think that - so that they don't act like shitheads in public. However, seeing that the mom was already a shithead means that we don't really understand all the variables in this one. Maybe the kid acted out, maybe not...what if your mom was a drunk all the time?
Not saying the kid didn't deserve some punishment, just that maybe there were some mitigating factors in this one we don't see.
You can't discipline your kids if you're a shithead; they'll see right through you. And you can't pretend to be perfect, coz they'll see through that, too.
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
87
142
#13
well I think the idea of we all discipline our kids is only relevant to that fact.. if the kid is acting up discipline him.. but within reason of the crime.. if the kind is throwing a tantrum cause they want something unreasonable and you wont give it, you dont go about punting them acrossed a walmart.. I have seen parents walk away from thier kid saying "bye, im leaving" but they stay within eyeshot. The kid usually gets up and runs after.

also not saying some kids dont deserve a good smack from time to time. I've seen some kids I just wanted to break a 2x4 on.. being demanding and evil and disrespectful of thier parents. Now leaving your kid on a road side and driving off, or even telling the kid to get out the car, isnt good parenting. especially at age 7. really i more believe in sending them to thier room
 
685
0
0
#14
Darklight said:
well I think the idea of we all discipline our kids is only relevant to that fact.. if the kid is acting up discipline him.. but within reason of the crime.. if the kind is throwing a tantrum cause they want something unreasonable and you wont give it, you dont go about punting them acrossed a walmart.. I have seen parents walk away from thier kid saying "bye, im leaving" but they stay within eyeshot. The kid usually gets up and runs after.

also not saying some kids dont deserve a good smack from time to time. I've seen some kids I just wanted to break a 2x4 on.. being demanding and evil and disrespectful of thier parents. Now leaving your kid on a road side and driving off, or even telling the kid to get out the car, isnt good parenting. especially at age 7. really i more believe in sending them to thier room
Umm...ok. There's a lot of words in there but I didn't find a point. :cool:
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
87
142
#15
wow two for two... reading for dummies.. the short version = "dont be a fuckwad, treat your kids right"
 

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
4,790
78
0
#16
Linksy said:
Is McDonalds getting that important these days that kids are getting abandoned by their mom? The Problems caused by McDonald.
No. Parents are caring less and less about their kids these days and lack proper parental skills.

I hope she never gets to see her son again. Selfish fucking bitch!! She cared more about the fact that her son pissed her off (and her beer). No thought of his well being at all. Where's the love there?

Can you imagine what that kid is going to go through now? That is a life long scar for sure. Poor kid. :(

I think she deserves to die!!

Edit: I can't believe the morons here blaming McDonalds and the bratty kid. Open your fucking eyes and see who was really at fault here.

It's pretty obvious that the youth of today needs a lesson, judging by some of the responses here. :confuse:
 
685
0
0
#17
CopyLifted said:
No. Parents are caring less and less about their kids these days and lack proper parental skills.

I hope she never gets to see her son again. Selfish fucking bitch!! She cared more about the fact that her son pissed her off (and her beer). No thought of his well being at all. Where's the love there?

Can you imagine what that kid is going to go through now? That is a life long scar for sure. Poor kid. :(

I think she deserves to die!!
I'm sure he's not going through anything worse today than he did last week, or the week before that, or the week before that...ad infinitum.
There's no way that incident could have been the mom's first brush with irresponsibility.
 

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
4,790
78
0
#18
FlipTheState said:
I'm sure he's not going through anything worse today than he did last week, or the week before that, or the week before that...ad infinitum.
There's no way that incident could have been the mom's first brush with irresponsibility.
I'm sure you're right. So maybe this is a good thing for him.

I was just pissed at how many people where blaming McDonalds and the kids tantrum.
 
685
0
0
#19
CopyLifted said:
I'm sure you're right. So maybe this is a good thing for him.

I was just pissed at how many people where blaming McDonalds and the kids tantrum.
Well you know, it IS McDonald's fault that we burn ourselves with coffee. Actually, I'm going to start a parallel thread that blames McDonalds for 9/11.
 

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
4,790
78
0
#20
FlipTheState said:
Well you know, it IS McDonald's fault that we burn ourselves with coffee. Actually, I'm going to start a parallel thread that blames McDonalds for 9/11.
So now I can sue McDonalds for my sons shitty behavoir? YAY!!! I'm going to be rich. ;)

As soon as I win my case...I'm taking everybody out to lunch..at McDonalds.