WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Mother Explains Fatal Pit Bull Mauling

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#1
SAN FRANCISCO - The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.

Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs. She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.
"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."

Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury. No charges have been filed.

"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."

Ella was shot to death by a police officer the day of the attack. Rex was taken to a shelter, but Faibish said she wanted him put down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he just stayed in the basement he would have been fine...

As his Mother said, it was his time to go.

HOLY SHIT!
 

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
5,034
3
132
#2
That's crazy, and sad. :(
Maybe she should of done more than just put him in the basement?
 
3,559
2
0
#3
Maybe the dumb bitch should have gotten rid of the dog, and not locked the kid in the basement. People are so fucking stupid. :thumbsdn:
 

Zoso

Zappafied
360
0
0
#4
she sounds unphased... "it was his time to go." this was his mother right? am i reading this corectly? those are some viscious dogs. i know for every pit bull attack story there are 10 people who will say they have the smartest and best raised pit bull in the world, but they are unpredictble and very strong animals. i think in order to raise one, you must have them registered as lethal weapons.
 

ferengi

Yay fire!
2,089
2
102
#5
Sounds like the two dogs and that dumb bitch of a mother need an introduction to the business end of a fucking machete. :mfinger:
 

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
7,529
28
142
#6
The only good pitbull is a dead pit bull.

Jesus, this chick was dumb. She obviously new there was a problem, otherwise she wouldn't have locked the kid up.

Maybe had she just gotten rid of the damn dog her son would still be alive.
 

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
5,034
3
132
#7
Zoso said:
she sounds unphased... "it was his time to go." this was his mother right? am i reading this corectly? those are some viscious dogs. i know for every pit bull attack story there are 10 people who will say they have the smartest and best raised pit bull in the world, but they are unpredictble and very strong animals. i think in order to raise one, you must have them registered as lethal weapons.
Precisly, people I know who have them, all say the same thing.
"He is the most well behaved Pitbull, not a anger strike in him" Oh really?
"But don't act nervous or scared around them." :confused:

Yeah, a really well behaved pitbull you got there!
 

shep

Local alcoholic
1,853
8
38
#8
I have owned and still own a few pittys.Hell i used to breed them,and i find 85% of the time a vicious pitbull is the fault of there owner.Unpredictable?every animal on earth is unpredictable.I would'nt say its fare to lay all this hate on one particular breed when rotties,dobes and shepperds(for example) are alot of the time just as bad.I think pittys are getting a bad rep because asshole owners teach them that way.
 

Zoso

Zappafied
360
0
0
#9
o yeah... im not singleling out pits. rots, and the dumbest dog on the planet, the dobbie, should be treated the same. also any other viscious breeds of dogs that have records of attacks. i know every breed has their share of attacks, but there are some that have more than others.
 

shep

Local alcoholic
1,853
8
38
#10
Its because ever wannabe hardcore gangster owns a pitbull and really they have no idea how to properly train or maintain these types of dogs.They all just want to "feel like a bad ass" and you know its the dog who pays the price in the end.It's sad really
 

breakology

Kiss my Converse
1,890
4
102
#11
The mother should be charged with criminal negelct, or at least child endagerment. That is fucking ridiculous ... locking the kid downstairs? He was a 12 year old! Why were'nt the dogs put outside?
That woman sounds like an ignorant fucking bitch ....
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
87
142
#13
time for a new plague to thin the population of the stupid and ignorant
 

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
395
0
0
#14
Ah, Idea.
Paint this bitch with barbecue sauce, saw her limbs off, and lower her head first into a pirhanna pool.

Maybe it's her time to go.
 

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
0
0
#15
This is insane. LOL

I have a few things to point out.

1.- Why didn't she put the dogs in the basement and told the kid to watch tv or play a video game or something?

2.- Why didn't she take the kid with her? If she was going to be right back, wtf is the problem on taking your kid.

3.- Pits are cool when they are young. But when they get older they loose the ability to smell and this is why they can attack even their owner. This and idios who train them to fight are at fault for the bad rep pits have.
 

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
167
0
0
#16
Pittballs and children are not a good combination. Also shutting a kid in the basement isn't the best thing to do is it.
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#17
Pit bulls were bred to be tough and be killers. Sure you can train a pit bull or a lion to not kill their owner (most of the time) but does that make them ideal pets? Pit bulls should be illegal to breed, problem solved in 20 years. They do what they are designed for, and people act surprised.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#18
voiceofreason said:
SAN FRANCISCO - The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.

Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs. She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.
"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."

Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury. No charges have been filed.

"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."

Ella was shot to death by a police officer the day of the attack. Rex was taken to a shelter, but Faibish said she wanted him put down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he just stayed in the basement he would have been fine...

As his Mother said, it was his time to go.

HOLY SHIT!
:(

That screams first degree murder.

I've also been attacked by a pitbull - but no skin was broken. I've been afraid of dogs ever since.

And that was almost six years ago...I only trust golden retrievers, labs, bull terriers and german shepherds know. The latter goes if I've known the dog for a while. My neighbors had two of them when I lived in Indiana and they were the nicest dogs I've known to date.

Bull terriers are what pitbulls are bred from - however, they NEVER attack humans, only other dogs. They are some of the smartest, most loyal dogs you can find. Also, they are clowns, and crack people up constantly with their antics.

HOWEVER - The pitbull looks very much alike but with a much larger nose and eyes, and was bred for guard dog duties as opposed to a companion dog. Pitbulls are often known to "snap." They can be loving for years and turn on their owners.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#19
Descent said:
:(

That screams first degree murder.

I've also been attacked by a pitbull - but no skin was broken. I've been afraid of dogs ever since.

And that was almost six years ago...I only trust golden retrievers, labs, bull terriers and german shepherds know. The latter goes if I've known the dog for a while. My neighbors had two of them when I lived in Indiana and they were the nicest dogs I've known to date.

Bull terriers are what pitbulls are bred from - however, they NEVER attack humans, only other dogs. They are some of the smartest, most loyal dogs you can find. Also, they are clowns, and crack people up constantly with their antics.

HOWEVER - The pitbull looks very much alike but with a much larger nose and eyes, and was bred for guard dog duties as opposed to a companion dog. Pitbulls are often known to "snap." They can be loving for years and turn on their owners.
The problem with the pitbull is it has a locking jaw, and will not quit. They should not be around kids - period.
 
2
0
0
#20
mad mother or mad dogs

Someting just does not add up here. Is this lady crazy or cruel or downright just a child killer. With little information to go on, seemingly this so called mother should be put down herself. Let's hope she has no other children to thrown in the middle of her next dogfight. She's the one who needs to be in the doghouse (or the jail house).