Motherboard recommendations

Descent

Hella Constipated
I was looking for parts for a cheap second machine, and I decided that the Celeron D (The new Prescott model), would be a great choice for a CPU because it is fast, cheap, and OC's like a Banshee.

Anyway, I am trying to put in in an old HP case (SUPER SMALL), that is mATX. I am looking for a cheap sub-$90 Socket 478 mobo that would be excellent for overclocking, but I'm having a hard time. Can anyone help me out here? I saw a Jetway model built on the ATI Radeon 9100 Pro IGP chipset, but it was said to be unstable as hell.

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
Don't waste your thyme with that Intel crap. Here's the real deal! :thumbsup:

tzedek

Original Member
p4 does not equal cheap. If you should try out a Tualatin, you can get mobos that use DDR.

Descent

Hella Constipated
People, get serious here! I want the Celeron D as a second box because it performs just as good as an AXP, and it overcloocks like hell. If I tried hard enough, I could get a 3.8GHz XP equivalent.

Considering how Pro-AMD I am, this really gives you an idea how much I want this chip. So come on!

tzedek

Original Member
Descent said:
People, get serious here! I want the Celeron D as a second box because it performs just as good as an AXP, and it overcloocks like hell. If I tried hard enough, I could get a 3.8GHz XP equivalent.

Considering how Pro-AMD I am, this really gives you an idea how much I want this chip. So come on!

so what is the point of all of this? just to waste money on another computer that is about as good as yours?