Motorbikes / Licenses

Dragonfly

Hiding
I've only recently gotten into the whole motorcross bikes etc, and riding for me is really quite easy. Took me 30 seconds to get used to my mates rt100, and i learnt from that. Then a week later i moved up to another friends rm-80. Powerband = fun. Got used to that and just recently i had a go on a 250. These things are so much fun, and i hope to buy my own 250 soon. In 3 weeks i can go to get my Riders permit (Motorbike L's) and i'm hoping to buy a roadbike, they are a lot cheaper than cars, cheaper to run, dont have to worry about friends wanting a lift somewhere, and it sure as hell would solve my problems with transport to and from work. Does anyone here own a motorbike, whether it be a road or dirt bike? What kind is it, and what bike would be great for a learner rider?

ferengi

Yay fire!
After some of the accidents I've witnessed firsthand....

...you'd never get me on one of those screaming metal death traps.

Dragonfly

Hiding
Yea, i've seen a lot of horrific pics and videos etc and even had a mate die from a crash, but it isn't enough to stop me from riding. And i've nearly killed myself or escaped serious injury about 5 times already, 3 times because of park trees, once because i didnt see a huge ditch and once because there was a huge drain opening in the middle of the field.

Descent

Hella Constipated

Safer, more effective, cheaper. $50 for a Genesis and a 32X, then a scant $5 for the game...Versus a $1500 bike.

All cornyness aside, my buddy's brother has a Honda R100 or something that is really nice. Never driven it, but he loves it's build quality and reliability. It's a 2000, I think. Great styling and everything.

EDIT: Bah, no image linking sucks!

Dave666

Pot-Head
I've rode dirtbikes since I was 8, they're one of the best inventions. Right now I ride a Quadracer 250, next year I'm a Yamaha yzf-R1(the second fastest production in America). I'll probably kill my self but It helps my need for speed.

noslenac

Hoodrat
Sport bikes are not really practical unless you have something else to drive and who cares if the R1 is the second(to Kawasaki by a thousandth of a second which can safely be assumed as rider error) fastest production bike in the use. They are all fast, they are all faster than most cars. I have a 2001 CBR600F4i and I can smoke pretty much anything on the road. It is all about how you ride, It's mostly rider no matter how you look at it. Don't get me wrong, bikes are awesome, but hearing everyone talk about stats and hp don't have a clue.