WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Move out

magnolia

Postaholic
I wish i could just move out. But i can't cuz i have to finish school. It's so fucking retarded. I got grounded for a week for not giving my mom a message at 1:30 am from my brother. then my bf called me today 12 hrs. before i was supposed to be ungrounded and she grounded me for another two days cuz i talked to him for 10 min. She's so fucking anal. I have to be home at 10 o'clock on the weekends all year long. I have to be home at 9 o'clock on weeknights. It's so assenine. (sp?) God i hate her. I just want to leave. I'm 18 for heavin's sake! Let me be the adult that I am. I'm not ur little girl anymore! Why doesn't she understand that? I mean, my bf stayed with us cuz he lives a couple states away and she made him sleep in the basement and made me sleep in my room two levels up cuz she didn't want him sneaking into my room at night without her being able to see and know what was going on. Um... trust me, if we had done anything, she would have heard us. God, she's so fucking anal. I just wish she'd let me grow up already!!!!!!! :mad:

Rust

I AM CANADIAN
Sh'es your mother... that's her job. I know you don't like it... I went through almost the same shit with my parents and was kicked out at the age of 18 and now i'll be 22 in april. Just because your 18 doesn't mean your not you're mother's little girl anymore. I'm still called "my baby boy" by my mom.
As for the boyfriend not sleeping on the same floor as you... that's a parent thing. you could be 25 and she'd more than likely try the same thing.
But I do have to agree that she is a little on the strick side with the whole two extra days of grounding. But one day you'll look back and see it wasn't as bad as it seems now. or maybe you will, I can't say for sure because I'm not there...

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Have you ever sat down with her and ask "why are you so strick?" just ask her if you guys can talk and then ask. Good luck!

better what what you wish for. i felt the same way when i was 17, so i did move out on my own. then i had to try to balance school and work so i can support myself. needless to say i had to drop out of school so i could work more hours. then when i was older and had my first kid i had to go back to school to graduate :( and i have been trying for years to move back in with mom :cool: but she tells me-over her dead body :(

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
Find and keep a job, parents find that mature. Im 18 as well and live 260 miles away from my parents, but it wouldnt be like that if I wouldnt work before and be working right now.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hicts said:
Find and keep a job, parents find that mature. Im 18 as well and live 260 miles away from my parents, but it wouldnt be like that if I wouldnt work before and be working right now.
Off Topic: Fuck dude you look exactly like a my friends brother. That shit is incredible. Assuming the one in the picture is actually you. :)

Back to Topic...

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
you'll miss it when you are gone... especially if she does certain things for you...

I moved out when i was 17 and dear god did i miss my old lady's cooking!!!

just chill, finish school (i didn't, but i also got very lucky) - it will be the best thing...then you can decide from there...

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
ChilianFuckFace said:
Off Topic: Fuck dude you look exactly like a my friends brother. That shit is incredible. Assuming the one in the picture is actually you. :)

Back to Topic...
Off-topic: yeah, thats me. Hey, when I quote someone the previous quoted text dissapear, fucking awsome. :thumbsup: . And look, the smilie doesnt go to the bottom of the text.

On-topic: Yes, i miss my mom`s cooking. Another bad thing of living on your own is having clean clothes and paying bills, no cool.

magnolia

Postaholic
I still want to move out. I'd get married tomorrow just to get out of the house if I wasn't still in high school and needed them to pay for my college.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
magnolia said:
I still want to move out. I'd get married tomorrow just to get out of the house if I wasn't still in high school and needed them to pay for my college.

I'll marry you. Haha. On a serious note, just bite the bullet and deal with it. Granted your mom is being a bit over protective and childish, I think that she knows you want to move out and she doesn't want that at all. Most parents get strict when their kids are about to leave the house. Just tough it out; do what she says; and maybe she will lighten up. Good Luck. :thumbsup: