WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movie Theater Ads!!!

Scrapper

Fresh Meat
Ok, first off I go to the movies and pay about $16.00 just to get through the girl with my girlfriend. Then I go to my designated line where I stand for 45min to an hour like I'm in the first fucking grade waiting to go to lunch. Not to mention the two $4.00 dollar sodas and the $5.00 popcorn. But I haven't really said anything new because most of us are used to this "American'" bullshit.

However what I'm not used to is sitting down in the theater and choking down 12 minutes of Fucking T.V. commercials before my movie starts. I mean wtf, I paid to get into this theater and now your gonna rip me off by shoving more ads down my throat. It is getting out of hand, I get so pissed. These fucks make a shitload off of the concessions and now their just adding it up with the pre movie commercials and the slide shows of local ads before.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Yeah that's what the video games are put in for.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Scrapper said:
Ok, first off I go to the movies and pay about $16.00 just to get through the girl with my girlfriend. Then I go to my designated line where I stand for 45min to an hour like I'm in the first fucking grade waiting to go to lunch. Not to mention the two $4.00 dollar sodas and the $5.00 popcorn. But I haven't really said anything new because most of us are used to this "American'" bullshit.

However what I'm not used to is sitting down in the theater and choking down 12 minutes of Fucking T.V. commercials before my movie starts. I mean wtf, I paid to get into this theater and now your gonna rip me off by shoving more ads down my throat. It is getting out of hand, I get so pissed. These fucks make a shitload off of the concessions and now their just adding it up with the pre movie commercials and the slide shows of local ads before.
Those ads help with local business who would not otherwise be able to afford putting them on T.V. SO DEAL!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Earthness2000 said:
There's a reason they can't afford to advertise on t.v......

There is a reason.......they just starting out..... trying to stay a float...... t.v. is to high priced....

so they do what they have too...

I think they'd get more response from advertisment in the newspaper if they're just starting out, however I suppose it would depend on the type of business, cause I sure as fuck dont want to watch "Puppy daycare" commercials right before I see dawn of the dead.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Earthness2000 said:
I think they'd get more response from advertisment in the newspaper if they're just starting out, however I suppose it would depend on the type of business, cause I sure as fuck dont want to watch "Puppy daycare" commercials right before I see dawn of the dead.
sure ya did...

you notice them and you laugh at them, and other people may take notice and be like...... woooohoooooo........

write the number down

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
The theatres at home have a different way of doing it, instead of showing commercials before the show (except for the trailers) they have a rotating slide show type deal they put on as soon as they open the doors to the theatre. Local groups and businesses can advertise on there for cheap or free if it's a non profit group. Good idea because it's easier to tune out if you don't want to watch... but they put in a movie/music trivia question every few ads to keep your attention. Goddamn marketing geniuses.... Can't.....ignore.....screeen......ugh!

Thats the same thing they do here. And as to everything else... don't be a moron and buy food up there. Get it from somewhere else then take it in.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
does it really make that much of a difference what crap they put before the movie starts. If youve spent $16 to get your girl in, why dont you just make out at that part.

ron

Buster of Asses
Earthness2000 said:
People have to be able to read in order for a newspaper ad to benefit the business...

i've seen ads for stuff like mountain dew, lifted straight from TV, before movies. there's some kind of lawsuit out though, so they can't show those until that gets settled one way or the other. something about paying to get in and being forced to see commercials which are normally avoidable... so then they started showing them before the designated start time of the movie

i don't mind the slide shows before the movie starts, and i don't mind commercials for local businesses (although i've never seen one of those), but it is annoying to see large-scale TV ads in the movie theater.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Calvaclops said:
Thats the same thing they do here. And as to everything else... don't be a moron and buy food up there. Get it from somewhere else then take it in.
ya ever think thats why the prices are high im the first place

Tazer_uk

Flame Bait
why not just turn up 15 mins late with ur own food and drink??? I do it all the time! Never missed the start and only once had a crappy seat.

commercials on in theaters is annoying... i am paying 10.50 in new york city , so i'm expecting to see no commercials, but i see the new ford or bmw or whatever latest car i see..... fuck commercials, i know theater need to make money because greedy people at hollywoord dont pay enough to them, the reason they charge so much for fuckin' popcorn and 3.95 for fuckin' bottle of water.

I hear ya

we pay a fortune for these dumb movies - then have to sit for god knows how long watching stupid commercials. Are Pepsi, coke, lexus, goodyear, nascar or movie phone really so desperate for money that they need to piss off moviegoers? I think not....

Enough is enough