Mozilla Firefox 1.0 to Launch Nov. 9th!

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
ya...even the preview rocked....i'm scared to think whats going to be on the new one

Jung

???
Premium
jstager said:
www.mozilla.org
I'm psyched, are you?
The whole preview whing is sort of misleading, a LOT of open source software has releases labeled as such. But, yes I'm looking forward to the final release, there are a few things they could improve on imo.

• Page time outs: some slower loading pages time out in Ffox, when they don't in IE.
  • Better support for QuickTime and PDFs: QT movies make the browser sluggish at times, Ffox has the same problem rendering PDFs as IE
  • Better RSS (Live Bookmark) support: I'd like to see a ticker style toolbar.
  • Built in tab prefrences: I know there is an extension and I use it, but imo it should be built in.
  • Large/multiple animated .gifs; Ffos lags when you load a page with them

That's all I can think about right now. ♥ Firefox.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I'll be glad once the official version is out. I just hope they don't have any bugs creep into the release.

A few people I know are holding off until it's official to switch over to it. I'm getting really tired of them complaining about how bad IE is, yet not wanting to run "beta" browsers.

What would make me genuinely happy is when Thunderbird is feature-complete enough to be able to replace Outlook. Due to configuration issues at work, I'm forced to use Outlook. :(

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
[sky] said:
i never played the first halo..was it good
hahahaa.. omg sorry, u haven't played halo?, yer missing out man..it's big around here, and i'm campin out at the ebgames stores monday night to get halo2 when the store opens at midnight...yea they're expecting a pretty big crowd, reall big...there's like 700 at the store i'm at

i pre-purchased the game fully last year in november and i'm number 534 on the list...so yea, can't wait, one day left

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Seije said:
hahahaa.. omg sorry, u haven't played halo?, yer missing out man..it's big around here, and i'm campin out at the ebgames stores monday night to get halo2 when the store opens at midnight...yea they're expecting a pretty big crowd, reall big...there's like 700 at the store i'm at

i pre-purchased the game fully last year in november and i'm number 534 on the list...so yea, can't wait, one day left
Your telling me seije, I know of like 500+ gonna be at midnight at Gamestop just so they can be the 1st ones to get it in town, Its insane. Halo2 will be sold out for atleast 4+ months.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Seije said:

I'm probaly going to go to like block buster and rent it or something cause everyone talks about it

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
junglizm said:
I'm downgrading until all of my extensions work.

Woah, what is all that; how do you see your extensions? I am still pretty new to Firefox; I got it about a month ago.