WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

MSN block-checker?

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
Listen, I'm not the best with computers, but lately when I try to send an instant message to someone, it will auto type this: Hey you can see who's blocking you on MSN! Download it now http://www.block-checker.com

Or something along those lines, anyways, I have no clue how to get rid of it, and I was wondering if some 1337 compu73r dude or dudett could help me out on getting it to stop!

Jung

???
Premium

jamesp

In Memory...
yeah

1st rule of comput3r 1337n355: dont use MSN.

cant help sry.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
It's a virus.. Don't click on it otherwise you will get it.

Most links like that. that just apper and don't look the person has written it, is a virus they have clicked on (the link) and then it embeds itself in your computer and sends it out through your contact list. Most my friends have it. Cos they're idiots, don't click on a link unless you know for sure that they are AWARE that they are giving it to you, cos most of the time it sends it out without you seeing the window. That's the killer.

necro

Postaholic
meh_it_all said:
cos most of the time it sends it out without you seeing the window. That's the killer.
Unauthorized Active-X, Isn't it? Or something like that. Anyway, Waffles, I'm not too great in this field, so not much I can do. Sorry :(

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
Thanks for all your help guys...

Finally got rid of it, right under my nose too lol. :thumbsup:

EDIT:Repped for the help. Thanks again.

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
How can I disable the Block Checker tell a friend program?
Block Checker has a powerful fun feature to tell your friends about Block Checker without the headache of telling EACH friend about it. This is how we let other people know about our application. If you wish to remove this function from our software you can do so by downloading this: http://www.block-checker.com/download/uninstall.zip :thumbsup:

EDIT: Unknown publisher, don't worry it's clean.

Jung

???
Premium
Hahaha, you probably just re-infected yourself.

Hellbreather

Shhh, Im hiding
Most things that tell you they can un-install the program and are made by the people who made said program usually put spyware into the un-installer, also they never totally get trid of it they leave traces of it on there so it can re-install it self without asking your permission kind of bastard really. I removed it using a special program :D

wootness

Banned - What an Asshat!
ummm...... i guess you gotta get spyware or virus blocking programs or just live with it or reformat your computer.