Music+Time=Nostalgia, your 'i would have been rich!' crypto story

ib4

Error
Staff
This is a two part post, two topics i had wanted to post, I'll put it in one to hopefully beef up the thread convo.

• First, what music to you actively go to sometimes to intentionally transport you to a nostalgic time in your life?
    • For me its early Linkin Park albums, Puddle of Mud, Deftones, Cypress Hill, Dre, Eminem, Korn, Papa Roach, SaoD, etc. it takes me back to the beginning of the 2000s. N64, people using Photoshop ans CSS more on the internet, and MTV and VH1 pumping out all their new music videos with the next generation of CGI. Of course there's a lot more to it, those are just the first quick things to pop in my mind. I love all that shit, we were even listening to throw backs this morning while getting the kids ready.
tenor.gif
giphy.gif
  • Lastly, do you have a story of how you could have been crypto rich if you weren't so doubtful or dumb?
    • I have 2, first in 2009 when it first came to life, towards the end of the year. The kid that inspired me to learn web building and LAMP in 2003, was posting on his personal blog about how we had mined xx amount of BTC and overheated his test machine with a Pentium 4, and was about to move to his Core 2 Duo. I laughed it off because he was talking about replacing currency and i was young and dumb and knew nothing of life. The way I was at this time, I was always ready to try new computer tech and learn learn learn. I would have dove into this had I not been so dumb.
    • In 2017 before the crypto crash, i had 6 BTC that I had earned from showing someone how to clean their millions of $ worth of BTC and 6,000,000 in DOGE. I panick sold, put it all into and ICO i thought was going to go big, and it went belly up, basically lost all of it. The other day when DOGE hit .08 I would have been able to sell off a grand total of $678,000 between the two of them :(
tenor.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Hug
Reactions: 3 users

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Having grown up in the 1980s, I still listen to mostly 80s music: new wave, heavy metal, pop, ... depending on my mood.

Fun Fact: When MTV began, there were no commercials and they played music videos 24/7.

Then Ken Oberding came along, then Beavis and Butthead, and I permanently stopped watching that channel. (MTV = Moron Television)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jung

???
Premium
80s electro, punk and jam bands. I still listen to Bad Religion, Depeche Mode and the Dead a lot.

I still have a few btc, but I sold or traded most of the ones I got in 09-10 for under $1200. I remember trading like 300 btc for a qp of dabs at some point around 2011 lol.

• 1OH YEAAHH!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
In addition to early bitcoin investments, I also missed the cannabis market as well.

Apparently, I'm not very investment savy.

• 1Like

Jung

???
Premium
In addition to early bitcoin investments, I also missed the cannabis market as well.

Apparently, I'm not very investment savy.
$SNDL

Just closed mine after doubling my money. They're offering $75m more stock tomorrow or Fri, so prices should slip back a bit. I'm buying back in.

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
I just wish I'd known Elon Musk was going to tweet about doge coin to his flock of sheep. I'd have bought some beforehand.

• 1Like

Jung

???
Premium
$SNDL

Just closed mine after doubling my money. They're offering $75m more stock tomorrow or Fri, so prices should slip back a bit. I'm buying back in.
Up 40ish% since posting.

edit: lol

1612990977558.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like