WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Musical talent involved in electronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
You know what pisses me off is when people say that it takes no talent to make electronic music! That is a load of horse shit it is just like any other type of music it takes a good ear and a lot of knowledge of the technology involved. No talent my ass!!! Let me know what you think.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It takes talent. I can barely figure out how to use FruityLoops, even though I am a computer geek :( .

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
It took me awhile to figure out fruityloops too. Just keep working with it you'll eventually figure it out. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
production of any genre of music takes talent and know how. anyone who says otherwise only prove their ignorance. while you may not be playing a guitar, you still need to know song structure and have a basic understanding of music. imo in a lot of area's it goes beyond traditional instruments, especially when it comes to drum programming.

fruity loops is great for drum programming and creating loops. i use it as a vst instrument inside reason or cubase a lot.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
It takes talent to create any kind of music.. Except rap..

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
junglizm said:
production of any genre of music takes talent and know how. anyone who says otherwise only prove their ignorance. while you may not be playing a guitar, you still need to know song structure and have a basic understanding of music. imo in a lot of area's it goes beyond traditional instruments, especially when it comes to drum programming.
Thank You! I was waiting for you to say something :cool: I completely agree.

Jung

???
Premium
p99 said:
It takes talent to create any kind of music.. Except rap..
some rap/hip hop has production value. some of it is cheesy, with little value at all. look at it on a whole, someone sat down and thought out those beats. they took the time to program them and sequence all the different aspects together ie; drums, pads, piano etc. that takes skill reguardless.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
burn1nh311 said:
You know what pisses me off is when people say that it takes no talent to make electronic music! That is a load of horse shit it is just like any other type of music it takes a good ear and a lot of knowledge of the technology involved. No talent my ass!!! Let me know what you think.
well it does..just not as much as other types of music do

Jung

???
Premium
YUCK FOU!!! said:
well it does..just not as much as other types of music do
i would assume you've never produced/composed either.

Jung

???
Premium
well explain how it takes less talent. i produce electronic, play drums, ans bass guitar. they're all musical instruments, they all require knowledge of music and skill. (atleast to create anything of quality)

electronic taking less talent is just ignorant bullshit. the people who say that usually aren't musicians and don't listen to electronic. you forget many other musical genre's use synths and keyboards, not to mention samples.

Jung

???
Premium
explain! you can't just say it does "just because". how can any genre be harder to write? knowing musical structure is universal, so are production/composition techniques. you're only replacing electronic instruments for traditional ones. if anything the synths and samples get more complex in electronic music. well that's to say they go beyond what traditional instruments can do.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
im to tired to explain...................you win

Jung

???
Premium
i'm not trying to win, this isn't a contest. i'm just curious whether you're opinions come from experience or lack there of. i would also like to know the reasons behind your opinions. i don't see how an electronic instrument becomes any easier to write music on that a traditional one. i can write the same drum beat with a computer, beat box, keyboard, or drum set, same with a bass line.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
burn1nh311 said:
It took me awhile to figure out fruityloops too. Just keep working with it you'll eventually figure it out. :thumbsup:
Just like a clitorus.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
know takes a godd ear but it also is easy to make more of it

Status
Not open for further replies.