WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My birthday present!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
jstager said:
I'm getting this on my b-day. Let me know what you think. It's October 22nd.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-152&depa=1

I put this in B&T, so feel free to flame me if you feel it's lame. It's gonna have dual 1.8GHz Durons :). That's like having two 2200+'s.
dude why the fuck do you want computer parts on your b-day ask for something good.......don't ask for someting to make a computer better computers are good stock.....

[logan]

swizeguy

How dare you!?
nice board.. hope it floats your boat.. have fun! my bday is the 14th of this month and i still dont know what i want...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Lol...well, you better pick something out soon Swizey.

Oh, and Cobra, I love you to death, but you may never realize that part of being a geek is having a bigger, faster, and better computer than all your friends, and then being able to brag about it. The main reason why I want this is so that I can multitask and run my games better.

I live on my computer. The faster it is, the better my experience is, which means my life is better. True, some people would call this sad, but frankly I feel that Geeks are the fabric of this planet. If we didn't live on our computers, we would not be able to have our precious internet. The whole world ceases to function without us.

Oh, and also, what one person thinks is stupid may be considered good by another. Different people have different standards for what they like in life, and what gives them pleasure. I used to think like that too when I was your age. Don't worry, you're a smart kid, you'll grow out of it.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Good god.. parts for your b-day? Moron.

What the fuck?! You're getting a MOTHERBOARD for your birthday? You mindless prick, try getting a PC. Y'know, one of those things with a processor and memory chips? THAT RUNS WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND ANOTHER FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS?! Oh.. and by the way.. my pc probably smokes the everloving monkeyfuck out of yours.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
nice...i don't celebrate my b-day anymore...not for like 4 or 5 years now
so thats cool your at least getting something, and as my friend always says, "hack the planet" :)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
That shit's pretty sweet. Don't forget. My B-day's coming in december :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hey, Omega, I already have just about everything I need for this. I build all my own systems, so shut the fuck up, you damn n00b! This is just an upgrade for my current system.

Also, I highly doubt your system will be better than mine once I build this. I'll probobly have the fastest PC out of anyone on this forum, and also in my school. If you system is so good, then POST your specs, you fucking pussy!

Max, what should I get ya? How about a rubber plated spike dildo ;)?

Jung

???
Premium
i only have one question; why durons?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Because they are cheap, and perform well. A 1.8GHz Duron performs like a 2200+. I have my current one OCed to 2.03 GHz. It's slightly faster than a 2400+ according to Sandra.

The Duron is one of the most underrated chips in history. It really is a spectacular chip.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
jstager said:
Max, what should I get ya? How about a rubber plated spike dildo ;)?
I already have a closet full-o-them. takes the pressure off of me when my gf has her "Friends" over.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
haha, yep..
well i think i jsut want money from everyone this year... cant go wrong with that.. ;)

Descent

Hella Constipated
Actually, that's a watch, Mr. Kuntz.

Also...you most definitely can't go wrong with money.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
2.66 Ghz P4
80GB HD
1GB DDR 333 ram
GeForce 5600 Ultra

Oh.. and AMD sucks my nutsack, and wins my "I hate Intel but can't do anything better than them" award.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well, if Intel is so much better, than prove it!

LIke most Intel junkies, you just prefer them, yet you can never say why they are better.

Here's why:

AMD can design a CPU that performs just as good as a P4 but runs at half the speed.

They make processors that cost hundreds less, and perform just as good as the Intel chips.

They have innovated quite much, such as creating the first chip with on-die L2 cache (K6-III), and the first chip to eliminate stacking (Athlon). Intel later copied their L2 cache design (Celeron A), and they have yet to creat a CPU that eliminates stacking to this day.

After hearing this, why don't YOU tell us what makes Intel better. I doubt you will be able to, my friend.

People who buy Intel are suckers, period. AMD is going to run Intel off the market, because if Intel makes a shitty product that works horribly (*COUGH* LGA 775 *COUGH*), and the OEMs don't adopt it, -POOF-! Goodbye to 80% of their sales.

Also, how can you say your PC is better? A fucking 5600 Ultra?! I'm going to order a Radeon 9800SE in a few weeks, and softmod it into a pro.

Why on earth would you get a 5600 Ultra?! They handle DirectX 9 like a whore with Parkinson's handles cock!

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Actually, I buy intel because I used to use K6-2 and AMD 486-66DX processors... until the pieces of shit broke down on a regular basis. NO Intel processor I've ever used has broken down (i mean a PHYSICAL problem). I went with a 5600 Ultra because it's quieter, and still runs Doom-3 with the parallax mod! So ... err.. f'koof?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Um...you abandoned AMD because of the K6-2?

I can tell you what the problem with the K6-2 systems is: Most of them have shit chipsets.

AMD's quality has improved significantly since then. I used to like Intel but I switched sides after I built this box. I had a Celeron 500 (Got it back in 2000), and when I wanted a new system, I got an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ Palomino. I overvolted it and killed it (Cries), then I got a 1.8GHz Duron (2200+). I have read up on Intel and AMD suits my needs much better.

I would suggest that you try building a cheap AMD system (Like a Duron), and give them another go. The K6-2 was a great chip, but Via and ALi's chipsets really gave it a bad image. I have a K6-2 box (450MHz), and it has a Via MVP3 chipset. The CPU is great, it's that damn chipset that pisses me off to no end.

You can build a cheap shitbox for around $200. Just build something basic, and give them another go. I would do this with an Intel chip, but I don't have the money. I have used my brother's old P4 Northwood 1.7GHz Dell and it's okay, I just feel that my AMD has more bang for the buck.

Let's just stop the fighting and call a truce. I want to be your friend, not your enemy.

Oh, and AMD's 486 CPU's were complete shit. They really didn't have a truly great chip until the K6.

Status
Not open for further replies.