WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My Body

3,050
0
0
#1
Question.............................
i'm watching PBS and i'm watching a really political debate over a very heated issue in the states, dunno if it is much here in Canada, i don't think it's as bad here as it is in the US.
anyhoo, i'm watching a bunch of asshole poloticians tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies. what right does some dick head polotician have to tell a women what is better for her, there for making it impossible for her to do what she knows or thinks is best for herself? this kills me and enrages me. its not very often i get passionate in this forum, but over issues over ones own body, you will often see me get passionate.
i don't know how much i dislike, even hate these people. pro-lifers, poloticians, most pompus preists all enrage me. sorry to whoever is one of these. i know this is a deep seeded issue and many will be enraged over me stating this. but this is my body and i will do as i see fit to it, weather its hang myself, diet, exorcsies, abort, birth, take the morning after pill, tie my tubes, take birth control. every woman has a personal right to these options, and i think its almost communistic for people to give someone the right, but not allow them the freedom to exorcise that right. poor people are so limited as to what they can do, even education is limited to them, race is a major issue to certain levels of education. being able to afford contaceptives, or even use them and practice them is limited. i've listened to many girls in here discuss contraceptives, not once have i heard to prevend std's or that they use them regularly to prevent pregnencies. how often is free condums offered? here our health clinic offers free condums and even doctors gives out free birth control if they know you can't afford it. our high school has a daycare for babies, yet parents won't let them offer condums in the bathrooms because they fear this will send the message its ok to have teen sex.....................................so what the hell is the day care for? a form of birth control? its such a terrible cycle. i don't think abortion is a form of birth control, but i do feel its an individuals right. i think more accessable birth control should be offered. teen sex isen't gonna go away, so may as well to to make it safer, so children aren't becomming parents when they themselves are children.
i've had this argument before and i know many, many don't agree, but why do people feel the need to tell someone what their right is when its not their body? especially when many of these are womens issues and not mens.
when my mom wanted her tubes tide, she had to get my dad to sign the consent form, before the doctor would, because it was my dads decission, not my moms. my dad was outraged, he went to the doctor and nearly threw the concent form in his face. he asked the doctor what right he(my father) had in telling my mom that she couldn't tie her tubes. the doctor looked my dad in the eye and replied, well mr. ridsdale, you may want more children. my dad replied, well my wife dosen't want to give birth any more, she's decided 3 is all she'll have and all we can afford. to which the doctor rebutted, well mr.ridsdale that isen't her choice, its yours, wether she has more kids or not. :eek: WTF is that. i would have ripped his face off, if that was my doctor.
so ya i get mad when people try to tell someone what they should and shouldn't do with their own body.
sorry, thats my rant, i know some of it didn't make sense, but i was annoyed and typing really fast.
please only reply with replies about individuals rights, not on the issues i have raised. i never typed this to argue prolife or pro death or prospace. i wrote this over the point, that no man/woman has the right to tell me what i can and can't do to my own body. if one so strongly disagrees with a freedom of choice then make things easier to access instead of trying to make prevention and protection hard to acheive.
ok so i touched on 2 topics, sorry. i'm not gonna delete half this though.:confused:
ok rant over, flame away.
/me ducks
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#2
I agree with you, but society doesn't. In America there are lots and lots of people deciding what products and drugs you can put in your body, so the next logical step is for them to think they can tell you what to do with it in general. They are evil assholes, fuck them! I agree with you.

You go girl.
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#4
Forzaazzuri said:
yeah sure i agree wit u, but sometimes people only offer advice for ur own good. For instance if a person tells a smoker or a drug addict that they should stop, i wouldnt call it intruding on ones responsibility for their own body, I'd call it giving helpful advice.
Good job contradicting yourself.

forzaazzurl said:
But yeah with ur mum gettin her tubes tied etc and abortion, u have a point. Although i guess a alot of people may say if a woman decided 2 have an abortion its not entirely her decision cuz its HER body, cuz there is another body too (depends whether u think life begins at contraception or birth).
I THINK you meant conception, but I'd prefer contraception any day.

forzaazzurl said:
Anyway, people can give helpful advice but shouldnt force someone 2 do somethin they dont wanna do.
oh yeh, n by the way..its spelt condoms...
Please don't tell ANYONE how to spell ANYTHING until you go back to grade school and learn the language you are correcting others on the use of.


That said, my opinion on this issue is that lawmakers have a job to do. That job is to make laws. That's all they're good for. Soooo, bored, ignorant fucktard lawmakers gotta keep coming up with new laws to make, or else they look bad. Unfortunately, in order to make new laws, they have to continuously infringe on the basic human rights of the People, disobeying the constitution and turning America the Free into America the Bigotted and Prejudiced.
I'm anti-gay. By that I mean that I will never be gay because I believe it is wrong to be gay. BUT, I have gay friends. I meet gay people and treat them the way I treat everyone else. They're not special, they're just like you and me, human beings who make choices. Me or anyone else believing that homosexuality is wrong is NO EXCUSE to treat people wrongly and restrict their rights. The same thing applies to telling women what to do with their own bodies.
Where abortion is concerned, my beliefs preclude me from supporting it, but making it illegal won't make it WRONG to people who think it's ok. Making something illegal has NEVER been the best way (let alone a good way) to stop people from doing it. It has, on the other hand, been the best way to fill up jails with innocent people, and steal thousands from the public as "fines" for "crimes" that they should never have made illegal. It's bullshit.
 
17
0
0
#5
jeez i'm sorry ok. ffs

lol ok Omegazeto, i'm SORRY for offending u with my so called contradiction and saying contraception instead of conception...i guess i wasnt paying much attention when i wrote that...no need 2 shoot me down. oh well maybe u are having a bad day...
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#6
Forzaazzuri said:
lol ok Omegazeto, i'm SORRY for offending u with my so called contradiction and saying contraception instead of conception...i guess i wasnt paying much attention when i wrote that...no need 2 shoot me down. oh well maybe u are having a bad day...
When I read illiterate ramblings like the crap you type, I automatically leave "good day" mode and enter "bad day" mode. I might still be perfectly happy, but I sure as hell won't be nice about it. When they taught you how to speak and spell in grade school, what were you doing? Cheating on your spelling tests? Looking the answers up? Just plain bullshitting your way through? How? How did you manage to make it into semi-adulthood while still retaining so little in the way of English skills? I mean GOD DAMN, YOU ARE BRITISH, AREN'T YOU? You should be whipping my ass all up and down about ENGLISH, since I'm the 'Ignorant, lazy American" you British chaps are always dissing.
 
17
0
0
#7
for fucks sake

OmegaZeto said:
When I read illiterate ramblings like the crap you type, I automatically leave "good day" mode and enter "bad day" mode. I might still be perfectly happy, but I sure as hell won't be nice about it. When they taught you how to speak and spell in grade school, what were you doing? Cheating on your spelling tests? Looking the answers up? Just plain bullshitting your way through? How? How did you manage to make it into semi-adulthood while still retaining so little in the way of English skills? I mean GOD DAMN, YOU ARE BRITISH, AREN'T YOU? You should be whipping my ass all up and down about ENGLISH, since I'm the 'Ignorant, lazy American" you British chaps are always dissing.
Illiterate ramblings? Retaining so little in the way of english skills? How the fuck can u know. All i did was make one little slip up ok....not everyone has perfect english 100% of the time. Nobody is as perfect as you, smartass
 

Smokindank

Fresh Meat
1
0
0
#8
blahblahblah shut the fuck up damn, ur both fags, i can spell you cant blah blah haha :mfinger:
 

esxho

Dude, wot does mine say!?
109
0
0
#9
feminism - im doing a course in sociology at the present moment and we have just finished the topic of feminism. I wouldn't say i am a feminist cos i love the idea of being a housewife and having children. However I completly disagree with the gettin paid less than men and having no rights to our own bodies.

Through the first stages of life our bodies our controlled by our parents till like 21. Then as soon as we get a partener its all down to them. WHen will we have the chance to decide wots rite for us?!?

:mad:
 

GamerGuy87

I am sexy...Oh yea...
42
0
0
#10
Sticks and Stones...Did you notice that a lot of those politicians and such are old fatasses? Them telling other people what's good for them and shit, they're turning themselves into hypocrites(Whoa big word). Kinda funny if you think about it...People like that just need to shut the fuck up.
 

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
11,662
2,402
487
#11
Damn. I thought this was going to be another picture thread.
 
3,050
0
0
#12
BRiT said:
Damn. I thought this was going to be another picture thread.
why would i put a picture thread in life sucks?

anyhoo with that said, i agree with the fat asses point. they had pro lifers sitting at a table trying to help clearify some of the laws and they were all men. men to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies.
let me ask something else then, go into a region of a state, a poor area, take a look around at the people on welfare, take a pole and see how much is a young teen mom, who had no other choice but to have the unwanted child. so now as tax payers we are supporting her and her kid with prolly more on the way cause 1. she wasen't given a choice or 2. she had no form of birth control or 3. she wasen't educated enough. what about her right to some sort of fight for a furture. not that the odds are in her favor, but still she does deserve a fighting chance. then what about the kid she has? what chance does that kid have?
then go to some prisions and take a pole and find out how many men or even women are in prison for murdering an unwanted child.
go to foster homes and find out how many unwanted children are in them being sexually abused or even killed while in them. then they grow up not have a proper education to become a contributing member of society, but become a gang banger or drug dealer, murderer or something else. lets face it the odds are not in their favor. sad but true.
then re take a look at letting these young girls have abortions and try to fight for some sort of furture or at least be able to wait till they are older and can offer a bit better furture for their kids.
its true not all fail, there are some that make it, be awesome moms, most of them probably are great moms. but being able to offer your child a future is something you owe that child is it not? no child ever asks to be born. i know many who wish they weren't. i know some who were in the foster home and adoption home system, believe me, they question why every day. so tell me is abortion that bad a thought.
i would rather save the life of the girl already alive and give her a fighting chance at a life for herself.
i've read about too many new born babies killed cause they weren't wanted, so whats worse? abortion or mudering a baby you chose to bring into the world when that child is 1 or 2 years old?
 

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
11,662
2,402
487
#13
Nymphchick said:
why would i put a picture thread in life sucks?
Maybe cause you don't like your body? ::shrug::
 

sounheardof

shady shyt pisses me off
35
0
0
#14
i'm pro-life. i dont have a problem with women who choose to tie their tubes and/or whatnot, but abortion is simply out of question. however the government cant tell women what they can/cannot do simply because there will always be those who go against the rules anyways...
 

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
5,034
3
132
#15
Smokindank said:
blahblahblah shut the fuck up damn, ur both fags, i can spell you cant blah blah haha :mfinger:
Do we need posts like this? No, If you're not goona contribute and say you can spell, then don't post.
 
15
0
0
#16
Blah Blah, My body my choice, blah blah. Hey guess what, the minute you ( i use you in a general sense not directed toward you personally) opened your legs and had sex you gave that up. You knew fair and well that there is a possibility, even if your on birth control and its .001%, that you could and probably eventually would get pregnant. Abortion isn't a solution to a problem, it is running from a problem. Abortion is a way for someone who cant handle their own problems to run. YOU made the choice to have sex, YOU should take on the consequences of your actions.

Now on another note no, i don't think anyone should be able to tell you what you can and cannot do. PERIOD. Nor do i think someone should be looked down upon for their actions. Now i may not approve of abortion, gay marriage, premarital sex, but i do not judge those who do.

When it comes to having your tubes tied or using other forms of contraceptive, meh to each their own. After 6 kids my mom had her tubes tied with good reason. Its better than getting an abortion.
 

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
1,086
0
0
#17
the issue of abortion in my op is fueled by fears from politicians of a declining rate of birth in westernized countries. every year people chose to have smaller families or go childless. why is the gov't worried about this? some neurotics even fear extinction of the "white man" or western civilization (being PC-this is everyone except for immigrants). sound stupid? yeah it is, fear and stupidity are a dangerous mix.

therefore by limiting the number of abortions through legislation it is believed the birth rate will rise, and hopefully create a much needed baby boom to support future generations of people (read: gov't). this doesn't make sense b/c if they revoke abortion rights only the poor will not get abortions anymore, while immigrants will still keep on having massive families (besides, immigrants aren't likely to get abortions in the first place normally), leading to having the opposite desired effect of wealth creation. those stuck in the middle will be forced to give up their children or keep the unwanted pregnancy which would further divide the social classes. (widening the gap even further between middle and upper class).

that being said...it's purely moronic. the idea gov't in this day and age is attempting to throw us back in time by regressing on issues such as abortion, is ludicrous. who the fuck do they think they are?!!?

what it boils down to is,
-this isn't for the common man: be he middle class or a religious zealot
-this isn't for women
-this isn't for the unborn children
-this is not to better america.
...then who is it for?

give me one outstanding reason, debate me. tell me the positive socio-economic impact revoking abortion rights will have and i will prove, you sir, are full of shit.:mfinger:
 
#18
Sorry...

Nymphchick said:
Question.............................
i'm watching PBS and i'm watching a really political debate over a very heated issue in the states, dunno if it is much here in Canada, i don't think it's as bad here as it is in the US.
anyhoo, i'm watching a bunch of asshole poloticians tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies. what right does some dick head polotician have to tell a women what is better for her, there for making it impossible for her to do what she knows or thinks is best for herself? this kills me and enrages me. its not very often i get passionate in this forum, but over issues over ones own body, you will often see me get passionate.
i don't know how much i dislike, even hate these people. pro-lifers, poloticians, most pompus preists all enrage me. sorry to whoever is one of these. i know this is a deep seeded issue and many will be enraged over me stating this. but this is my body and i will do as i see fit to it, weather its hang myself, diet, exorcsies, abort, birth, take the morning after pill, tie my tubes, take birth control. every woman has a personal right to these options, and i think its almost communistic for people to give someone the right, but not allow them the freedom to exorcise that right. poor people are so limited as to what they can do, even education is limited to them, race is a major issue to certain levels of education. being able to afford contaceptives, or even use them and practice them is limited. i've listened to many girls in here discuss contraceptives, not once have i heard to prevend std's or that they use them regularly to prevent pregnencies. how often is free condums offered? here our health clinic offers free condums and even doctors gives out free birth control if they know you can't afford it. our high school has a daycare for babies, yet parents won't let them offer condums in the bathrooms because they fear this will send the message its ok to have teen sex.....................................so what the hell is the day care for? a form of birth control? its such a terrible cycle. i don't think abortion is a form of birth control, but i do feel its an individuals right. i think more accessable birth control should be offered. teen sex isen't gonna go away, so may as well to to make it safer, so children aren't becomming parents when they themselves are children.
i've had this argument before and i know many, many don't agree, but why do people feel the need to tell someone what their right is when its not their body? especially when many of these are womens issues and not mens.
when my mom wanted her tubes tide, she had to get my dad to sign the consent form, before the doctor would, because it was my dads decission, not my moms. my dad was outraged, he went to the doctor and nearly threw the concent form in his face. he asked the doctor what right he(my father) had in telling my mom that she couldn't tie her tubes. the doctor looked my dad in the eye and replied, well mr. ridsdale, you may want more children. my dad replied, well my wife dosen't want to give birth any more, she's decided 3 is all she'll have and all we can afford. to which the doctor rebutted, well mr.ridsdale that isen't her choice, its yours, wether she has more kids or not. :eek: WTF is that. i would have ripped his face off, if that was my doctor.
so ya i get mad when people try to tell someone what they should and shouldn't do with their own body.
sorry, thats my rant, i know some of it didn't make sense, but i was annoyed and typing really fast.
please only reply with replies about individuals rights, not on the issues i have raised. i never typed this to argue prolife or pro death or prospace. i wrote this over the point, that no man/woman has the right to tell me what i can and can't do to my own body. if one so strongly disagrees with a freedom of choice then make things easier to access instead of trying to make prevention and protection hard to acheive.
ok so i touched on 2 topics, sorry. i'm not gonna delete half this though.:confused:
ok rant over, flame away.
/me ducks
Sorry to do this, I totally agree with all you're saying, but I can't let the language we speak come upon such rape.

1. I'm is not capitalized. First letter, first word. Not a good start.
2. US should be U.S. It's an abbrev.
3. anyhoo is not a word, and not capitalized despite first-in-sentence status.
4. Another I'm not capitalized. I'm not even going to say this again.
5. poloticians is not a word. The correct spelling is politicians.
6. More capitalization, again, no more on this.
7. Dickhead is one word, not "dick head." Tee-hee.
8. polotician again.
9. Therefore is one word.
10. Repitition of the word over. Not good reading.
11. Pompous misspelled as "pompus."
12. These needs to be change to "those."
13. Deep-seeded is a hyphenated word.
14. Beginning a sentence with a "but."
15. Weather should be changed to whether.
16. Misuse of "its." Should be "it's."
17. ...hanging myself ... dieting ...
18. You exorcise? See, I've got this demon in my basement ...
19. Morning-after pill requires hyphen.
20. "take birth control" You mean "take birth control pills."
21. Obviously you don't understand communism. Communism is an economic system, and has nothing to do with personal freedoms. The words "Facist" or "Autocratic" would fit here.
22. Why would you want to expel a right as an evil spirit?
23. Limited FOR them, not TO them.
24. "std's" Change to STD's.
25. Pregnancies misspelled.
26. "How often ARE free condOms ..."
27. Too many damn periods. Three is plenty, but don't overdo it.
28. You forgot the apostrophe in "individual's right."
29. "isen't?" Are you even trying?
30. "... so may as well to to make it safer, so children aren't becomming parents when they themselves are children." Where is the SUBJECT in this sentence? We should hire a private detective!

I, I'm not going on... this is sad. For each grammatical error you make on the internet, God kills a wombat. Please, if not for the language you're slaughtering, for the wombats.
 

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
7,529
28
142
#19
Shameless said:
Blah Blah, My body my choice, blah blah. Hey guess what, the minute you ( i use you in a general sense not directed toward you personally) opened your legs and had sex you gave that up. You knew fair and well that there is a possibility, even if your on birth control and its .001%, that you could and probably eventually would get pregnant. Abortion isn't a solution to a problem, it is running from a problem. Abortion is a way for someone who cant handle their own problems to run. YOU made the choice to have sex, YOU should take on the consequences of your actions.

Now on another note no, i don't think anyone should be able to tell you what you can and cannot do. PERIOD. Nor do i think someone should be looked down upon for their actions. Now i may not approve of abortion, gay marriage, premarital sex, but i do not judge those who do.
Really? Because your first paragraph was nothing BUT judgemental.

You want abortion eliminated and yet you probably hate the idea of teaching anything but abstinance in sex ed classes. So basically, what that agenda does is create a problem (e.g. people uneducated about safe sex) and then remove the only viable solution to that problem (e.g. abortions). You're unwilling to educate, and then you're unwilling to deal with the problems the lack of education creates.

Besides that, it's not YOUR body. It's hers. What makes you think you have the right to tell me, or anyone else what is right or wrong? And where do you stop? I mean it's ok for black men to marry white women now but it didn't used to be. It was WRONG. I guess next you'll tell me that tattoos are wrong and that I can't have any.

Nymph, as you can see it's a big issue in the states. There are people that are willing to accept abortion as a necessary evil and then there are people that are dogmatic and unwilling to accept the choices other people make.
 
4,248
0
0
#20
I think we should keep abortion just because if someone's enough of a dumbass to get a baby at a time they didn't want one, they're probably too much of a dumbass to raise a child not to be one.