WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My Dad

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
My dad has been a ild-land firfighter since before I was born. He runs his own crews and is an instructor for the state and at our local college for firefighting, structural and wildland. He fell last week in a career ending accident, literally tore the hamstring from his bone. He will never fight fires again, but he can still teach. This is hard on the family becuase my dad is such a boisterous person, and he is pretty sad right now. Of course, he is being paid 18$ an hour right now plus his instrucotr salary to sit at home and smike pot and eat percocet like candy, but he is pretty depressed. I am too, because when my brother gets out of prison, we were going to start a family firefighting business, and just have my dad as the crew boss, but now if we do it we have to hire someone.

G's-up

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:
My dad has been a ild-land firfighter since before I was born. He runs his own crews and is an instructor for the state and at our local college for firefighting, structural and wildland. He fell last week in a career ending accident, literally tore the hamstring from his bone. He will never fight fires again, but he can still teach. This is hard on the family becuase my dad is such a boisterous person, and he is pretty sad right now. Of course, he is being paid 18$ an hour right now plus his instrucotr salary to sit at home and smike pot and eat percocet like candy, but he is pretty depressed. I am too, because when my brother gets out of prison, we were going to start a family firefighting business, and just have my dad as the crew boss, but now if we do it we have to hire someone.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. The good side is he is still alive and wasnt involved in a life ending accident. You guys can still start the family business and have dad invovled, he may not be able to do a lot of physically demanding things but he can be very involved. I think its really cool to be involved in a family business if you guys all get along that well. Anyway I hope your dad heals well and I wish him the best! :) And the rest of your family as well.... :)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
G's-up said:
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. The good side is he is still alive and wasnt involved in a life ending accident. You guys can still start the family business and have dad invovled, he may not be able to do a lot of physically demanding things but he can be very involved. I think its really cool to be involved in a family business if you guys all get along that well. Anyway I hope your dad heals well and I wish him the best! :) And the rest of your family as well.... :)
Thank you. My dad, sttep-mom, brother and I get along awesome, we all seem to connect very well. It is my mom and my 4 sisters we can not stand, love them to death, just can not stand them.
My dad is a hard man to keep down, he was raised in the mountains, kind of like a grizzly adams meets john wayne guy. he will be ok, it is just kind of sad because his real love is being out there in the middle of the shitstorm battling against fire. He is crazy. And I am vbery thankfull that he was not killed, we have had some good friends that died in YellowStone several years back, a group of smoke jumpers.

Godfather

Banned - What an Asshat!
Im sorry to hear that duztin...

I can be honest with you, I have worked in 3 years with my dad know and the only thing you get by working together with your family is hate, I earn 9 dollars an hour and im not 18 yet... But you get fucking sick of your dad for exampel when you work with him...
I dont know with me but I have to quit my job soon if I dont want my dad and me to be enemies for the rest of our lifes... :(

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
dustinzgirl said:
ild-land firfighter? smike pot? WTF! You might want to edit that and spell things correctly.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:
ild-land firfighter? smike pot? WTF! You might want to edit that and spell things correctly.

You might want to learn some manners even if it is the internet and show some sort of class before opening your mouth. Maybe you should go back and edit your post so you dont look so much like an ass. Apparently your mom didnt teach you that if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all......
OH yeah and "firfighter" is spelled "FIRE FIGHTER" and is TWO separate words.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Cuddle, It is very fucking early on the west coast. go masturbate or something. Fucking kids.

G, I dont think I would have aproblem working with my dad, he is my best friend and always has been, so is my brother. Now if I had to work with my sisters or my mom, I would probably shoot myself. I was the first born, and I think my dad wanted a son, so i was raised as "one of the guys" my sisters are kind of well, not like us. LOL

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
CuddleMuffin said:
And you know what, those are typos, dumb shit.

G's-up

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:
Cuddle, It is very fucking early on the west coast. go masturbate or something. Fucking kids.

G, I dont think I would have aproblem working with my dad, he is my best friend and always has been, so is my brother. Now if I had to work with my sisters or my mom, I would probably shoot myself. I was the first born, and I think my dad wanted a son, so i was raised as "one of the guys" my sisters are kind of well, not like us. LOL
Yeah I think its really cool to be able to work with family especially doing something so rewarding as being a fire fighter. I could NEVER work with my mom but I have worked with my dad before and it was cool. I am in the same boat with the "first born" thing....I was more of a tom boy growing up but I do have a younger brother and no sisters THANK GOD! My mom is hard enough to deal with I couldnt imagine another one of her....ROFL..I think it's a general rule that daughters seem to get along better with fathers and sons get along better with Mothers.......at least thats the way I have viewed it not only in my case but some of my friends.... :)

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
Now is the time U need to be there for him! This will be tough! It's crushing to realize that u will never be 100% and there will be things that u will never be able to do again!! Now is the time when family kicks in.. He is gonna need all the support he can get......Good luck, DG.. :thumbsup:

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
dustinzgirl said:
And you know what, those are typos, dumb shit.
Maybe you should read over your stuff before you submit next time, and also I am not a kid so get your facts straight.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:
ROFLMAO!

CuddleMuffin said:
Maybe you should read over your stuff before you submit next time, and also I am not a kid so get your facts straight.
Maybe you should follow your own advice?? :thumbsup:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
CuddleMuffin said:
Hey FUCKTARD! this thread is about some one's father bein fucked up....Why don't u leave your petty ass argument at the door...

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
One more thing, I was not being a bitch about what you said, I hope that turns out ok, but I was just trying to tell you that you should watch spelling next time. There are worse people in this site that will say worse, just letting you know before you really start getting angree at someone.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:
One more thing, I was not being a bitch about what you said, I hope that turns out ok, but I was just trying to tell you that you should watch spelling next time. There are worse people in this site that will say worse, just letting you know before you really start getting angree at someone.

Can we say back peddle?? DUH!! Read what you posted and follow your own advice....and for the record DG has been here awhile so handing out advice really isnt recommended in your case, especially when it comes to SPELL CHECK!...Now I must stop before I get beat for flaming in a NON FLAMING forum....... :)

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
G's-up said:
Can we say back peddle?? DUH!! Read what you posted and follow your own advice....and for the record DG has been here awhile so handing out advice really isnt recommended in your case, especially when it comes to SPELL CHECK!...Now I must stop before I get beat for flaming in a NON FLAMING forum....... :)
Fuck off, no one wants to talk to your sorry ass. Speaking of spell check, wtf are you talking about?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
CuddleMuffin said:
Fuck off, no one wants to talk to your sorry ass. Speaking of spell check, wtf are you talking about?
Wow I am so glad you joined our forum. Have a nice day bitch.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:

Do you read what you type?? Please......ROFLMAO.....now lets end this before we both get in trouble for FLAMING OUT OF BAIT AND TACKLE!! Unless of course you would like to take it there........then I can express myself a little more freely...XOXO :)

P.S. Nice manners again for turning a thread regarding someones personal heartache into your non productive ramblings...... :thumbsup: