WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My Daughter's DR. Visit

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Well I had mentioned in another post that I would post in here today the result from her evaluation at the doc's today. I was right. She has ADHD. I knew it from all things she does here and all the notes/phone-calls I have been getin from ms hardy. So, I did was any responsible parent would do and have thier kid checked out.

So she's on Ritalin. The good part is that we should notice a difference in about 2 days. I'm so glad too. It was gonna be hard to try to explain to a 4 yr old why they can't go to K-4 anymore. :(. So think about us and hope for the best. Thanks yall. :D

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
sorry to hear it, but i guess you're glad you now know..

i never heard of add/adhd or ritalin until i came to the usa, and i was 34 when i got here so i wasn't just ignorant.. it just doesn't seem to exist elsewhere.. and i'm definately not saying you're a bad parent, or that your doctor's wrong, i just want to state that it seems to be a very american thing.. i think americans are very very aware of meds and conditions. my wife and her dad are both on meds for add and i know that if they were in england they would be just treated as eccentrics.. maybe that's why england is a nation of eccentrics, because they all have add/adhd..
anyway, don't take the above the wrong way, :happysad: i wouldn't flame you, you're snowed under mate..

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Void you beat me to it. I experienced the same thing while living in Germany. ADD and ADHD and all the AD## seem to magically dissapear outside the USA. It seems no drugs are required to calm the other kids of the world, just the ones in the USA where the 2 parent working norm is in full force. There are some very rare cases in other places, but they are the exception, not the rule as in the USA.

My wife works at a PM Club and almost 1/3 of all the kids are on drugs for this "disorder". WTF?

If the percentages go any higher USA children will be born Male/Female, In Control/ADHD. Get a 50 / 50 shot for either.

It's rediculous.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
Void you beat me to it. I experienced the same thing while living in Germany. ADD and ADHD and all the AD## seem to magically dissapear outside the USA. It seems no drugs are required to calm the other kids of the world, just the ones in the USA where the 2 parent working norm is in full force. There are some very rare cases in other places, but they are the exception, not the rule as in the USA.

My wife works at a PM Club and almost 1/3 of all the kids are on drugs for this "disorder". WTF?

If the percentages go any higher USA children will be born Male/Female, In Control/ADHD. Get a 50 / 50 shot for either.

It's rediculous.
i also think it might be diet.. again i'm not casting aspertions on anyone, least of all sinamon, but a lot of food additives that are used here aren't used in england, they used to be.. like the orange colour that was in sunny delight (tartrazine it was called) but it got banned when it made all the kids into monsters that would hit each other.. i've said it 4000 times but i'm a transpant here, some of the differences are HUGE, and as i'm vegetarian i notice food, i'm sure in some places vegetarian food is more common than dogshit but here in nashville they eat meat or sugar.. sugar or meat.. and everyone is on meds..
and i'm not saying meat is bad for you, i didn't stop eating it because of that, but i think the amount of meat that the people here in tennessee eat is very dangerous.. seems 7/10 are fat people..
back on topic, if i had kids and they got add/adhd i would try and feed them an organic diet for a year and see if that didn't crack it.. but then i'm a fucking hippy eh?

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
She might need it, she might not, it might be the right drug, it might not. The most important thing is that you listen to your daughter and pay attention to her right now. These drugs do things, they have funny side effects and she could take to it badly. Just watch her.

I only say this 'cause I was improperly medicated once and it almost killed me, actually, I almost killed me. It was really scary.

JLXC

Premium
Well I wasn't trying to say anything bad about sinamon or her kid. She went to a doctor and the professional told her what he felt was right. Sounds like she's doing the right thing. I was just attacking the idea in total, sorry to de-rail the thread.

Good luck sinamon.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Man, Descent's gonna throw a tantrum if he comes in here and sees everyone talking about how ADHD isn't even heard of outside America.

Anyways, as long as it works, it's good, right?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nailbomb said:
Man, Descent's gonna throw a tantrum if he comes in here and sees everyone talking about how ADHD isn't even heard of outside America.

Anyways, as long as it works, it's good, right?
yeah yeah.. i'm definately NOT saying that sinamon shouldn't administer the meds after a doctor's recommendation.. just saying it's odd that american kids have this..
it's like the tv ads for meds thing too, no other country in the world allows ads on tv for meds.. blew my mind when i saw them, "talk to your doctor to see if ________ is right for you.." erm no, how about i tell him where it hurts and let him make his own mind up..
40% of doctors in england prescribe homeopathy, something like 65% in scotland! that's herbs and flowers medicines..
anyway.. good luck sinamon and i hope this really is the last of your problems..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nailbomb said:
do you mind me asking why so?
*looks around nervously, expecting trouble*

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Pretty much every other thread that had anything to do with ADHD and a nonbeleiver Descent would be all over.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ok thanks, i know it exists.. my wife and her dad have it, i just think it's avoidable, not sure exactly how but my guess would be diet..

JLXC

Premium
Well if Descent really has problem with it, he can take it to B&T and I'll talk to him about the "disorder."

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
Well if Descent really has problem with it, he can take it to B&T and I'll talk to him about the "disorder."
lol, you're on your own now.. i ran off :surrendr:

JLXC

Premium
Yeah descent is fine, I was only joshing anyways folks. I doubt he wants to fight over something like this, plus I get along with him. Don't stress it void, I was just playin'.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
JLXC said:
Yeah descent is fine, I was only joshing anyways folks. I doubt he wants to fight over something like this, plus I get along with him. Don't stress it void, I was just playin'.
I dunno, he was nearly fanatical in the other threads I've seen.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
i know you were joking mate, i was too and i'm hardly worried myself.. if i'd come on this forum with both barrels of bullshit blazing then i guess i'd be scared of the 'elders', or cock farmed already..
i actually came to this forum to talk.. not to fight, i know i can on BT but i'm not interested.. i just want to shoot the breeze and stay in the green..

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Hey yall. Thanks for the comments. I dont know if any of yall remember or not, lol, but I'm a RN so I know what to look out for in regards to signs, probable bad effects with the meds and allergic reactions most importantly of all. But thanks anyways for the comments. I just was gonna post today to let yall know for sure what the doc's thought. I've been noticing the signs and symptoms more recently with school starting. I try everyday with her but she's just the type of child that likes to disregard authority and do what she wants. I've really kept my ground and she's starting to listen to me at least a lil more. But, I think the main issues with that is seeing how me and her father act toward each other, the abuse she receives from him also.