WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My eyes hurt

magnolia

Postaholic
My eyes hurt whenever I wear my contacts for an extended period of time. I've started to wear them every day for the last couple of weeks instead of my glasses and I put eye drops in my eyes at night when I take them out. When I wake up I have eye crusties. (I know, it's gross.) I have those accuview advance hydroclear contacts because I had problems with my other contacts. Why do my eyes hurt so badly? I'm even getting head aches behind my eyes.

eh .. this is what happens with contacts usually. I had a problem with protein buildup which caused bumps to form on the underside of my eyelids ... imagine having a piece of dirt in your eye that never comes out. That's a lot more painful then just wearing your contacts too long.

Just put them in later and take them out sooner .. your eyes will eventually adjust so that you can wear them longer .. until then just wear your glasses a bit more.

do they have any small cracks in them? i had contacts that had cracks in them, barely got them in my eyes and my eyes started to sting and i got the crusties. check for those, gotta look at them on an angle to see if there is any.

magnolia

Postaholic
Nymphchick said:
do they have any small cracks in them? i had contacts that had cracks in them, barely got them in my eyes and my eyes started to sting and i got the crusties. check for those, gotta look at them on an angle to see if there is any.
Nope. I check em every day before I put them in for cracks, chips, or anything else that could be wrong with em like puttin em in upside down.

Mags, have you tried using re-wetting drops while the contacts are in your eyes? Those sometimes help.

BTW, how long have you been using contacts?

magnolia

Postaholic
About 3 years. But I rarely wear them cuz they bug my eyes so much. I have used drops when the lenses are in somtimes and it does help a bit. But I'm constantly doing it and it's annoying.

How long do you go without wearing them? Maybe your eyes aren't used to them. I wore contacts for 4 years, then just recently decided to switch back to glasses. Now, if I wear my contacts for even one day I get a massive headache, cause my eyes are used to being naked. :happysad: