WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My F#^&$#@ Job

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Ok generally I've been ok with this job. Before I get into it though let me tell you about my past with jobs. I have a problem with authority somehow. I don't argue, I do what they say, but I also end up as a scratching post. Do I have a fucking sign around my neck that says it's ok to take shit out on me when you are having a bad day? I don't see one on me! I somehow seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now about this job now. I'm a massage therapist and one would assume that the places they work should be calm and peaceful. Bull! This place is is run by a highstrung prick who can't keep his temper down. He has the nerve to tell me not to say certain things in front of clients but meanwhile he humiliates me in front of them himself. For example; I told a client I may not be able to give them as strong a massage as he'd like on the physical therapy table (the massage table was being used by the other therapist). Well that table is too high for me and I thought it was only right to let the patient know what he is getting into. So then he pulled asside in front of everyone (clients and all) and scolded me for telling a client I wasn't going to do him on the table. Yes he said DO HIM. I know what he meant but you don't talk like that. Also I never said I wasn't going to work on him, but since he wanted a very strong massage, I just wanted to let him know I can only do the best I can under these circumstances. That's only one example. Today, he didn't bother to tell me that I had a half hour massage with this particular client. So this client gets sent to the massage room and the doctor sees it's not dressed. He snaps at me and can't figure out why I wouldn't have the table dressed and ready. I told him no one told me and I thought that he was a 15 minute massage person. I also told him it wasn't a big deal. He started to yell at me and say it was and that I should have known it was a half hour massage. I wanted to kill him!!! How dare he humiliate me in front of my client! I guess it's ok for him to humiliate us in front of clients, but it's not fine for anyone else to humiliate him in front of clients! No one freakin told me and in the past patients get sprung on us last second and we often have to dress the table in front of the clients. It's frustrating but it's all I can do with one massage room, one massage table, and two massage therapists working at once. Neither of us know who will be needing that room next so neither of us can dress it up for the next person. The doctor doesn't want to do the laundry anymore so we gotta bring our own in. Once he used his own sheets which meant we could dress the table with his sheets and it wouldn't matter who's next. It matters who is using the sheets now since we gotta clean our own sheets and home! Another thing this attitude bomb does is when there's some beef between him and someone else in the office, I get yelled at. He yells at others but it's usually the same bullshit he gives out. I feel attacked when he yells at me sometimes. I can deal with his bullshit yelling but when it's scolding that he does, I'm not his fucking child! The other people working there get quiet when he's around cause they don't care to hear him yelling. I too remain quiet but I still get the bullshit. He doesn't trust anyone that works there and it shows. Even though his humiliating me in front of my client today was not that big a thing, I'm this || close to quitting this job. I've gone through so many jobs though. I finally speak up for myself and it gets me nowhere! I spoke up once before and at least it reached an understanding between me and the supervisor but this time it's gotten nowhere. It's he's right you're wrong, he's all-knowing, you know shit, it's his work and he rules all!! :mad:

Find another job, and fuck the chiropracter!! Then file a lawsuit against him for discrimination - he'll have to hire a lawyer to fill out the paperwork and after a few hours of lawyer time and several months of eval. your claim will be denied - you're out about one of time and no money, he's out about $750 for just fucking w/ ya. :mfinger:

Bitch

Premium
OOO that's so tempting. I mean he's already hired us massage therapists illegally. He has a lot of balls if he thinks that he can patronize me while he's already doing things illegally. A chiropractor is not supposed to share payment with a massage therapist. He don't care apparently. All I gotta do is report him to the licensing board and he's gone. Unfortunately, I don't have the balls to ruin a man's 25 year business over my grief, but wow it's nice to know I HAVE THE POWA!!

eewww, licensing boards take that quite seriously, so do malpractice insurances. wow do you have da powa!! :D

fasteddie

Clitpickle
chiropractors are all quacks anyways, if you don't keep going, your back is all fucked up. screw them!

Bitch

Premium
To add to this one, now my boss thinks we need to use our own stamps to pay for the postage for the billing department to send out our no fault patients session info to their insurance companies. That would be understandable if they were actually our patients! These patients are also his and the acupuncturist's patients. He thinks that the massage therapists and the acupuncturist needs to pay for the patients. WTF! That's just BS! that cheap fuck thinks we have the time and the money to pay for all the envelopes and stamps that have to be sent out when all these patients see him as well. He doesn't even let us use his xerox machine cause he doesnt' want to pay for paper. Meanwhile, massage therapists only need to use it once a week to copy one to two pieces of paper for the billing department to use. So either I gotta waste my time writing out all the names of the clients I worked on or give my original copy to the billing department so they can use the xerox machine and copy the paper. I just rewrite everything but it is a waste of time to me too. He also expected me to write out all the soap notes AGAIN for the billing department. NO FUCKING WAY! I just give them the sopa notes when they ask for them. I almost never have stamps in my house cause I rarely need to mail anything. Not that 5 or so dollars is huge but with the amount of no fault patients I see I'll be using up about 1/2 - 1 full book of stamps a week. It adds up! It's his business and I can't believe he thinks it's right that I pay for his fucking clients!

Here's another way of putting it. Since these clients aren't to go with me when I leave, that makes them his clients and I just work on them. he should pay for them, not me! If he can't afford stamps or a few sheets of paper for his business then he's going to lose his business fast! It may take money to make money but there's no need to be frugal about it!

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
If I were you, my resume would be COATING the city. Find a new job, then report his ass when you leave.

Bitch

Premium
YAY! WOOHOO!!!!! I quit my job. YIPPEEEE!!!! Well I gave him two weeks notice and I told him that I wasn't happy there. I would have gone into more detail but he didn't ask.