WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My family is weird!

For one thing when ever my nepew comes over to visit he wants to do things wit me. So we play games and i let him win like any other loving uncle well do. But we he has to go to the bathroom he is no normal person. When he has to take the number 2, he has to practically stand up to take it. then he ends up getting it all over the place. And the sad thing is he is almost ten. then he blames it on the dog for shitting everywhere. should i let he keep comin over or jst tell him no. Also my cousin has adhd, which scares the hell out of me sometimes. cause she just runs around the house like she rules it. she dont give a rats ass who lives there, she just cares about bein the boss. Is everyones family this weird. :question:

I don't believe everyones family is that wierd but there are the exceptions. My cousin used to have ADHD as well but now hes normal.

People=Shit

Infected by Marburg
My brother HAS ADHD, and trust me, when you see him everyday, it's worse than a nephew that you rarely see.

LMAO, sry but the kid and the shit and the dog.....yea thats classic....lmao GL

:rolleyes: There is no such thing has ADD or ADHD. It's just where a kid didn't geht enough discipline. It's shitty parents that make kids act like that. It's also shitty parenting on your brother's part for not potty training the little guy. They are stupid parents and should be punished for neglecting the chylde. :thumbsdn: ADD/ADHD=Not real.

I Hate The FCC said:
:rolleyes: There is no such thing has ADD or ADHD. It's just where a kid didn't geht enough discipline. It's shitty parents that make kids act like that. It's also shitty parenting on your brother's part for not potty training the little guy. They are stupid parents and should be punished for neglecting the chylde. :thumbsdn: ADD/ADHD=Not real.

So true...

SHS

Plaid Ninja
I Hate The FCC said:
Very nice.

/agree

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
I Hate The FCC said:
REPPED!!!

i agree so much, and i hate the ADHD "epidemic" spreading. it's BS. because of all this BS and bad parents kids are acting up, so instead of say, finding a solution, let's drug our kids up so they'll STFU. what a brilliant idea. i got one let's just be good parents, and pay attention to our kids and then maybe they'll get some values and realize that they should STFU instead of taking magic pills to make them normal. WTF is this shit!!!!

(sorry for just going off on a rant, my thoughts probably arent very coherent, but this is one of my all time pet peeves)

EDIT: i deleted the link cuase that would take this way too off topic

seriously my "family phsycologist" i swear to god loves the diagonsis ADD and ADHD i swear if she could she would give the whole fucking world medication for ADD my god its so fucking fake. I dont believe people should beat their kids or hit them but i do think they should be spaked if they did something serioiusly wrong i mean come on i was spaked we even named the god damn spoon Mr. Smak i mean come on. its not that im a better kid for it its because i thought it out first is mr. smak worth going across the street by myself HELL NO. :D kids should be discplined not this fucking corner crap it dont work worth shit.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
im not saying, im implying though, but if you think about how much do the drug companies stand to make if phychiatrists diagnose more kids with ADD and ADHD and then prescribe them with drugs like ritalin concerta. and im sure that these drugs companies DONT encourage these doctors kids that might not have it. im sure that they ARENT concerned with profits, but rather treating people.... yeh...

Descent

Hella Constipated
FCC said:
There is no such thing has ADD or ADHD. It's just where a kid didn't geht enough discipline. It's shitty parents that make kids act like that. It's also shitty parenting on your brother's part for not potty training the little guy. They are stupid parents and should be punished for neglecting the chylde.
ADD/ADHD=Not real.
I'm the most hyper ADHD person in the world, and my brother is raised exactly the same as me and he's the most calm mellow guy you will ever meet. He can focus and get things done.

By the way, I'm so ADHD that I will do things that I am thinking about without thinking, for example if I'm coming up with a new joke in my head I may say it subconsciously without even thinking about saying it.

If you ask someone who is diagnosed they can surely argue against anyone who say it doesn't exist, because your "Steering Wheel" is essentially broken and some people such as me have no control, no matter how many coping strategies they develop. My frontal lobes and hypothalamus are severely undersized, which is what causes extreme ADHD.

By the way, because of my ADHD, I'm getting kicked out of school now because I can't focus on this fucking paperwork (All my classes lack interactivity), and I achieved straight F's and a C last quarter even though my mean I.Q. is 135 and many people say I'm the smartest guy they know. I'll be sent to a BOCES school, which isn't for retarded people, in fact the populous is generally smarter. It's for kids who can't do certain things in normal districts like me.

I've never enjoyed fucking paperwork, let alone been able to do it because I subconsciously space out, and by the time a random thought brings me back to reality the period is over.

Wizard said:
im not saying, im implying though, but if you think about how much do the drug companies stand to make if phychiatrists diagnose more kids with ADD and ADHD and then prescribe them with drugs like ritalin concerta. and im sure that these drugs companies DONT encourage these doctors kids that might not have it. im sure that they ARENT concerned with profits, but rather treating people.... yeh...
I'm high-functioning autistic from immunizations as an unborn baby that were known to contain a compound with 43% Mercury, but I deal with it. The autism explosion exists here in America because of that stuff...Fucking Republican drug lords.

Maybe that could explain the ADHD epidemic also.

By the way, people have been recieving treatment for ADHD since the 50's with more tradional drugs such as Dexedrine, which was totally generic at the time and was sold under the name (and still is) dextroamphetamine.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
nice argument :thumbsup:

im not saying that ADD or ADHD dont exist, i just dont like the fact that every fucking kid in america has it now and every kid in america is on trendy drug #55 to fix it. and it isnt just that, you see parents basically going to the doctor and ordering drugs. why the fuck are prescription drugs commercialized on television? can most of the people watching TV write prescriptions? should and will a doctor listen to a television when diagnosing their patients. i see these parents and they are like: my kid is a little hyper and can't settle down
Doctor: heres some ritalin!

what the fuck is that is my question. the answer to every problem it seams is drugs. i think at one point there was something called therapy. when someone was depressed they were sent there rather than being put on prosac and zoloft. i was depressed and i was put on these drugs, and when i came to realize the BS going on i stopped taking them. i met with a phychiatrist once a month so he could chat with my mom and write some more prescriptions. that aint therapy. these phychiatrists and doctors dont want to research the problem is seams, but rather want to assume the kid has condition A and condition B and give them drugs 1-6.

someone close to me has some condition that not much is known about, but doctors, experts have all insisted that he is autistic, or has extreme learning handicaps or even that he has ADD and that drugs A and B and a simple special ed class will fix the problem.

this is bullshit! i dont doubt that ADD exists, what i do doubt is somehow a generation of kids all have this condition, and that furtehrmore the only cure is prescription drugs.
Descent said:
If you ask someone who is diagnosed they can surely argue against anyone who say it doesn't exist, because your "Steering Wheel" is essentially broken and some people such as me have no control, no matter how many coping strategies they develop. My frontal lobes and hypothalamus are severely undersized, which is what causes extreme ADHD.
that is great in my opinion that you have tried to develop coping strategies, but like any condition they can not be developed overnight and take many years. i think that if you continue down that path you find an answer as long as you are willing and optimistic.

i watched a report not too long ago about a kid in china who was born with severe brain damage (only like 20% of his brain was functional). his mom every day talked to him, played with him, tried to get him respond, and even though he has very little functionality in his brain he has been able to walk (with help) and make noise, as well as react to stimili, which was something that doctors thought was impossible. when i saw the report the kid was like 5. his mother just wants him to be able to walk on his own and maybe even talk. althought these are far off.

my point is this descent: if you try you can find a way to beat your ADD and ADHD. i have a couple friends who "have ADHD" and have i argued with them about it, but it's hard argueing with them, they are a little close minded. they have claimed that i have ADHD or ADD because some of my actions are random adn i often act or speak before logically thinking it out. i said this to them:
"it is in my personality that i am a very random person. i am very intelligent, but yet i do not possess the ability to always think out my actions, this is who i am. i work to fix this and constantly try to do better."
when asked why i dont get on concerta (which is what one friend has asked) i say that why would i want to go on a drug that changes who i am.

another reason i hate all this ADD and ADHD is because that person close to me has what's called an IEP(individualized education plan) because he honestly needs one. but these kids with ADHD supposedly need one for taking test because they can't concentrate. that's BS in my opinion. dont take honors course if you can't finish the test in 40 minutes ass hole. additionally they take drugs which improve their performance adn THEN get extra time. it's also the fact that these parents who drug their kids up look for every loop hole in the system to get their kids an advantage. which fucks over this person close to me who actually needs the system to work how it was intended.

im not sure if these kids are you descent, but i pray, that you are not the kind of liberal whore that waves his IEP around and demands equal rights while us normal (or undiagnosed, or people who dont want to participate in all this drug company BS, however you look at it) kids are at a huge disadvantage. i pray that isn't you.

-Wiz

i didnt look this over so i hope it's coherent
5 cool points to anyone who counts how many times i said bullshit (or BS)

Descent

Hella Constipated
Wizard said:
im not saying that ADD or ADHD dont exist, i just dont like the fact that every fucking kid in america has it now and every kid in america is on trendy drug #55 to fix it. and it isnt just that, you see parents basically going to the doctor and ordering drugs. why the fuck are prescription drugs commercialized on television? can most of the people watching TV write prescriptions? should and will a doctor listen to a television when diagnosing their patients. i see these parents and they are like: my kid is a little hyper and can't settle down
Doctor: heres some ritalin!
You don't see stimulants advertised on TV, because not only is it against the law, but it is not good for junkies, because it creates a craving trigger.

I'm on generic Cylert and generic Tenex for my ADHD...The Tenex is for the organizational issues associated with it.

I've only asked about a drug ad once, and it was Strattera. It didn't work for me though, as with many people.

Wiz said:
what the fuck is that is my question. the answer to every problem it seams is drugs. i think at one point there was something called therapy. when someone was depressed they were sent there rather than being put on prosac and zoloft. i was depressed and i was put on these drugs, and when i came to realize the BS going on i stopped taking them. i met with a phychiatrist once a month so he could chat with my mom and write some more prescriptions. that aint therapy. these phychiatrists and doctors dont want to research the problem is seams, but rather want to assume the kid has condition A and condition B and give them drugs 1-6.
Yes, I know, it is a huge problem here, and I had eight years of my life taken away from Risperdal, to control my autism more. After I got off it correctly, it turned out that it made me worse (If you look at my "Fag Descent" posts, I was pretty fucked up back in January when I didn't ease off it and just stopped taking it).

Wiz said:
someone close to me has some condition that not much is known about, but doctors, experts have all insisted that he is autistic, or has extreme learning handicaps or even that he has ADD and that drugs A and B and a simple special ed class will fix the problem.
Sounds like me, but the best treatment for Asperger Syndrome (My level of Autism) is a VERY skilled psychologist and a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, a world renowned psychologist. That book was made in the 50's and is equally valuable today. THAT method works.

Wiz said:
this is bullshit! i dont doubt that ADD exists, what i do doubt is somehow a generation of kids all have this condition, and that furtehrmore the only cure is prescription drugs.
A whole generation of children have autism too, mainly Asperger Syndrome, which is due from the horrid mercury vaccinations, so I'm guessing that's the connection.

Wiz said:
that is great in my opinion that you have tried to develop coping strategies, but like any condition they can not be developed overnight and take many years. i think that if you continue down that path you find an answer as long as you are willing and optimistic.
11 years working on them is a long time...I hit the wall years ago.

Wiz said:
my point is this descent: if you try you can find a way to beat your ADD and ADHD. i have a couple friends who "have ADHD" and have i argued with them about it, but it's hard argueing with them, they are a little close minded. they have claimed that i have ADHD or ADD because some of my actions are random adn i often act or speak before logically thinking it out. i said this to them:
"it is in my personality that i am a very random person. i am very intelligent, but yet i do not possess the ability to always think out my actions, this is who i am. i work to fix this and constantly try to do better."
when asked why i dont get on concerta (which is what one friend has asked) i say that why would i want to go on a drug that changes who i am.
We're not closed minded, people don't understand that that level of impulsitivity is absolutely uncontrollable.

Wiz said:
another reason i hate all this ADD and ADHD is because that person close to me has what's called an IEP(individualized education plan) because he honestly needs one. but these kids with ADHD supposedly need one for taking test because they can't concentrate. that's BS in my opinion. dont take honors course if you can't finish the test in 40 minutes ass hole. additionally they take drugs which improve their performance adn THEN get extra time. it's also the fact that these parents who drug their kids up look for every loop hole in the system to get their kids an advantage. which fucks over this person close to me who actually needs the system to work how it was intended.

im not sure if these kids are you descent, but i pray, that you are not the kind of liberal whore that waves his IEP around and demands equal rights while us normal (or undiagnosed, or people who dont want to participate in all this drug company BS, however you look at it) kids are at a huge disadvantage. i pray that isn't you.
My IEP has saved me numerous times, I get 50% more time, but they doubled it to 200%. I cannot finish tests in Regents (Standard) level classes in New York State, but I have been improving much as of late!

And no, I don't wave my IEP around like an IEP whore - I always think that my teachers are giving me extra time. I actually forgot I had an IEP until now.

Wiz said:
i didnt look this over so i hope it's coherent
5 cool points to anyone who counts how many times i said bullshit (or BS) 05-16-2005 08:56 PM
It's alright man! I'm a grammar Nazi and I pull the same shit with drawn out posts. Search for my PC specs, those look like an AOLer wrote the grammer, punctuation, etc.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
nice reply. i agree with what you are saying, im done debating. plus this topic has strayed terribly off topic.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Wiz said:
nice reply. i agree with what you are saying, im done debating. plus this topic has strayed terribly off topic.
Thanks for the debate! You brought up some great points.

The author is a deserter, so it souldn't matter too much ;).

Insanitee

I know where you live!
I Hate The FCC said:
Bring this to the bait and tackle forum PLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Aha!

:sword: :sword:
Pretty please with a bloody sword on top? :)

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Insanitee said:
Bring this to the bait and tackle forum PLS!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't ask you just bring it to the forecourt... :rolleyes: but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to handle B&T

tl;dr :thumbsup: Oh yah - and i really don' think your family is that weird. Lots of ppl have ADHD... prpbpbly more than anyone knows. Wanna talk about weird famalies - you should see mine!