my father

-=dragon=-

Rock Dragon \m/
my dad one day had a really bad back pain, and couldnt go to work, i feel bad for him, but he has been treatin me like shit. screaming at the top of his lungs if i did the simpliest thing wrong. and theres nothing i can do about it, if i was to fight back, he would yell at me more. he doesnt even understand how its making me feel and its making everyday since he has been home misserable. he tottaly brings down my self of steam. is there anything i can do??

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
Ah. Been there done that. Ignore him and don't think twice about anything he says to you.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
He should be more understanding about his situation. Do you know how frustating it must be for a parent not to be able to work and provide food and shelter to his/her family.

He is probably very frustrated. This of course is no reason for him to take it out on you, however it you are probably the only thing he still has control over.

I wouldn't take the mean things he says really seriously, however I would try not to get him mad.

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
-=dragon=- said:
my dad one day had a really bad back pain, and couldnt go to work, i feel bad for him, but he has been treatin me like shit. screaming at the top of his lungs if i did the simpliest thing wrong. and theres nothing i can do about it, if i was to fight back, he would yell at me more. he doesnt even understand how its making me feel and its making everyday since he has been home misserable. he tottaly brings down my self of steam. is there anything i can do??
Trip him down the stairs, and break his hip.

-=dragon=-

Rock Dragon \m/
ChilianFuckFace said:
He should be more understanding about his situation. Do you know how frustating it must be for a parent not to be able to work and provide food and shelter to his/her family.

He is probably very frustrated. This of course is no reason for him to take it out on you, however it you are probably the only thing he still has control over.

I wouldn't take the mean things he says really seriously, however I would try not to get him mad.

ya, he says that it sucks he cant go to work. and now that you made me think about it, i am the only thing he still has control over. i try not to get him mad, but the simplist thing can get him pissed off. like, i went to go put on some hair gel, and i placed it on the table near the mirror, instead of putting it back right that second. and he started screaming how i create messes around the house and that i was lazy for not putting the hair gel back, but the truth is, i was in a rush so i wasnt late for a kids party. and saying anything once you do something wrong doesnt work either, so as soon as a i make a little fault he yells at me. im nervous to not make faults so i actually make accidents because i wasnt relaxed, and just taking things calmly.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Try talking to him too, say hey dad, I know it sucks right now, and Im sorry, and I am doing the best I can, but you are really hurting my feelings.

Then do a pouty thing and make your eyes water.

One of 2 things will happen.

He will yell at you for being a whiner or he will feel terrible and make it all better.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
-=dragon=- said:
I am not flamming or trying to be rude, but have you ever heard of the Shift key before? You know, the one that allows you to make capital letters? All your words at the begining of a sentece do not look like a sentence. I mean you do have periods and punctuation, but where is the capital letters at?

Anyway, as far as you and you fater, I have been there and done that, and now I am over it. :thumbsup:

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Cuddles said:
I am not flamming or trying to be rude, but have you ever heard of the Shift key before? You know, the one that allows you to make capital letters? All your words at the begining of a sentece do not look like a sentence. I mean you do have periods and punctuation, but where is the capital letters at?

Anyway, as far as you and you fater, I have been there and done that, and now I am over it. :thumbsup:

Wow, fantastic advice princess. Ever heard of correct grammar? :rolleyes:

Anyway, to the topic athand; The best thing you could try to do was talk to your dad. Tell him how you feel, and how he makes you feel. Tell him that you understand that it sucks to be out of work; but that he should not take his agressions out on you. You, by no means, should ever have to tiptoe around to try and not make someone mad. Tell him how you feel, and things should, if he has any sense about him at all, work out for the best. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

-=dragon=-

Rock Dragon \m/
Ill try talking to him, again, but i wish it was that easy. He will say that im being a babie because he went through "worse" things in his life. He also convinces himself he is right about everything, and tells me that if he doesnt yell, the point doesnt get across. Ive told him that the point DOESNT get across BECAUSE he is yelling. Its like the entire point that he is trying to make is crushed because of how he says it, yet he doesnt see it. Btw, is there any spell/grammar check here so i can tell what im spelling/typing wrong?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
-=dragon=- said:
Ill try talking to him, again, but i wish it was that easy. He will say that im being a babie because he went through "worse" things in his life. He also convinces himself he is right about everything, and tells me that if he doesnt yell, the point doesnt get across. Ive told him that the point DOESNT get across BECAUSE he is yelling. Its like the entire point that he is trying to make is crushed because of how he says it, yet he doesnt see it. Btw, is there any spell/grammar check here so i can tell what im spelling/typing wrong?

Dude, don't listen to cuddles. She only likes to hear herself talk; no one else really listens to her. :thumbsup:

I am sorry to hear that about your father. Since talking is not getting through, the only thing you'll have to do is tough it out. Unfortunately, I don't think any other course of open defiance would solve said dispute. I would say just take the abuse, don't let it neither offend, or hurt, you in anyway, and eventually things will get better. Just think about the day you get to leave your home for the first going off to college, or just moving in with some friends. Good luck, man! :thumbsup:

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Is it just you and your Dad? Is your Mom around? I'd suggest talking to other family members about it. See how they're dealing with it and get advice from them. They'll understand your Dad's nature and be able to give informed advice from another perspective.
About Spell Checking:
If the browser you're using is Mozilla or Safari, most versions have a spell checker under the Edit menu. If you're using Internet Explorer in Windows, along with my condolences, I'd suggest setting up the reply then typing your text in WordPad (quicker and easier to use than MSWord) because it has a spell checker. (Notepad doesn't) Once you're happy with it control+A(selects everything in the doc), control+C(copies the selection), Alt+Tab into InternetExplorer and Control-V (pastes the selection) into the Reply Area. The whole process takes three quarters of a second, and you'll look like an English Graduate Student when you post.
As far grammar checking, you'll need a full blown word processing application like MSWord for automated grammar checks. Proof reading and doing lots of writing is best way to sharpen your language mechanics.

-=dragon=-

Rock Dragon \m/
thanks all that tried to help, i guess right now what i can do is just sit and just let him yell. Im not quite comfortable talking to anyone i know withen the family. Im planing to move out of the house early by the way, because of what goes around in the house. thanks all again.